Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Holt Leaving

Holts children and wife moving back up to carlisle....could he be on his way to a more northern team or wil he stay with us? i think the latter is more likely...but being away from your family isnt a preferable option...

[quote user="kc canary"]Holts children and wife moving back up to carlisle....could he be on his way to a more northern team or wil he stay with us? i think the latter is more likely...but being away from your family isnt a preferable option...[/quote]

Really?? do you have a sauce to this info?

well kc, sadly unless you explain to us exactly how you now this, we will never believe you :)

not going to because im not sure of the reprecussions (sp?), if any, for the person i heard it from. it doesn''t matter to me if you belive if or not, i just wanted peoples opinions on what they thought would happen...if you dont believe it then "hyperthetically" wat do you think? 

[quote user="kc canary"]not going to because im not sure of the reprecussions (sp?), if any, for the person i heard it from. it doesn''t matter to me if you belive if or not, i just wanted peoples opinions on what they thought would happen...if you dont believe it then "hyperthetically" wat do you think? [/quote]Not true without telling us who gtfo.

yeh well done lewie...its not true because you dont have proof...idiot...as i have said already, i dont care if you believe it or not just opinions on what he would do

Just because his family are going home doesn''t mean he''s leaving. They''ve been that way for most of their lives and to suddenly pull the children out of school and away from friends and family and what they know and love is a massive step. Maybe it just didn''t work out? Not like they''re moving abroad is it? Get a grip people.

[quote user="kc canary"]yeh well done lewie...its not true because you dont have proof...idiot...as i have said already, i dont care if you believe it or not just opinions on what he would do[/quote]

Problem is not many people will believe you if you cannot give a crediable source, its not like you have your name and contact details on here so no one knows its you?

I''m not prepared to give my opinion until I am assured by yourself that this story is true.

Cheers

I doubt it means he''s leaving, after all, don''t Lambert''s wife/kids live up in Scotland? I''d think it was more likely to be a stability thing; if they moved every time he left a club, they wouldn''t know how long they''d be in each new place before having to move again.

Hes a footballer, hes done this before and its part of their lifestyle so I doubt this is true.

I cant imagine how a footballer whos signed a 3 year contract, won promotion as champions and has chance to play in a league higher than one hes ever (consistently) played at before would suddenly want out.

He does however have two young girls and so they may be at an age where they want to be back home - I dont know.

while you may well have been told this by someone associated by the club, I cant help but think your source could just be a ''mate who knows someone in the know'' making up a rumour that makes sense and could be true - but proberbly isnt.

Well he comes from Carlisle and i know he still has a house there near the football ground. At 29 he probably sees his long term future in Cumbria and wants his kids to be settled. This does not mean he will stop playing for Norwich in the near future

[quote user="Queen B"]I doubt it means he''s leaving, after all, don''t Lambert''s wife/kids live up in Scotland? I''d think it was more likely to be a stability thing; if they moved every time he left a club, they wouldn''t know how long they''d be in each new place before having to move again.[/quote]

Exactly, not many footballers or managers drag their families with them to every new club they move to, especially once kids are in schools etc. Holt will probably split his time between Norwich and Carlise. Fraser Forster spend half his time in Newcastle the past season and he did alright and Dion use to live in Birmingham while playing for us and he was alright. Holty is coming up to 29 and knows that he will probably only be at Norwich another 2/3 years maximum, no point messing with your kids education for that period of time, especially given that footballers are basically part-timers.

a lot of men who enjoy going out on the lash would like to be away from the Missus... i''ve heard Holt "likes the ale"

[quote user="kc canary"]Holts children and wife moving back up to carlisle....could he be on his way to a more northern team or wil he stay with us? i think the latter is more likely...but being away from your family isnt a preferable option...[/quote]

Quite an achievement when they haven''t actually moved from there in the first place, but please don''t let me spoil a good tale.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Quite an achievement when they haven''t actually moved from there in the first place, but please don''t let me spoil a good tale.

[/quote]

lol you beat me to it

Someone I know went to Holts house to do a repair job a few weeks ago, Holt told him he really liked it here but when he finishes playing he wants to move back to Carlisle which he still considers to be his home. The only way I could see this being true is if Middlesborough or some team in that area came in for him and he decided to move there to be nearer home.

beausant and we are yellows...his family do live here...fact

and i wasnt saying tht he is moving...i was just asking peoples opinions on the fact that his wife and kids are now moving back carlisle and what people thought this would mean for holt...i never once said that holt was actually going to leave

[quote user="kdncfc"]Someone I know went to Holts house to do a repair job a few weeks ago, Holt told him he really liked it here but when he finishes playing he wants to move back to Carlisle which he still considers to be his home. The only way I could see this being true is if Middlesborough or some team in that area came in for him and he decided to move there to be nearer home.
[/quote]

Yes see your point Carlisle right on the top of the M6 and middlesborough on the A1 a19 ON THE EAST not the easiest of trips to make, but when I served in the forces my wife and family stayed in England, for reasons the kids schooling, oh yes an I got more money for seperation allowence which I believe footballers get too   

[quote user="kc canary"]i never once said that holt was actually going to leave[/quote]... but the subject of your post is Holt Leaving!  At least you''ve got some attention I suppose, you can go to sleep happy tonight.

ok admitedly i shud hav put a question mark on the end of the title..but it still remains that i said i was wondering what peoples opinions were on what he would do once his family is not here

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Middlesbrough????  That''s bloody ages to get to Carlisle!  Check your British Geography.  Burnley would be nearer![/quote]Maybe but still a lot easier and shorter journey than Norwich to Carlisle which is 225 miles while Middlesborough to Carlisle is only 72 miles, Carlisle to Burney is 81 miles and the journey times I''d guess are pretty similar.