Sign in to follow this  
Carra_Rud

Its all down to the rest of us to stop the club issuing life bans!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2043166,00.htmlEverybody has to behave themselves on Saturday, or else the fans that ran on to the pitch after the Gillingham game will get life bans.If we all stay in our seats, they all get an amnesty and don''t get banned.Seems a bit odd to me[:^)]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="morty"]Seems fair enough to me.[/quote]

Agreed 

[/quote]Im of the opinion that they shouldn''t have run on after the game(they were given so many warnings), however, they have been told they will not face life-bans on the proviso that no Norwich fan runs on during or after the Carlisle game. All you need is some fool to jump on the pitch forgetting about the amnesty and the rest of them suffer.Just seems a bit odd, in my opinion. Its like saying we won''t send you to prison as long as there are no crimes committed by anyone else.

The club are bluffing, they know the identity of about 4 of those that ran on the pitch. Do other clubs blackmail their own fans?!

Chief Executive David McNally commented "Norwich City is a family club blah blah bah.....

So that didn''t take long did it? McNasty is now McNicety and another of those Happy Clappy Delia Lapdogs in the employ of the club[:O]

Sensible from the club in my view. The events this week, particularly at Luton, are stark reminders of what can happen and also reminders of days gone by before football was sanitised by those cringeworthy muppetts in wigs and jester hats[;)]

great idea. very well handled by mcnally, the fans that ran on the pitch were clearly in the wrong with there being numerous warnings against doing so, but they deserve a 2nd chance and have been granted one. i dont understand why people are making a fuss of it, if your told to not go on the pitch then obey the rules. weve seen the trouble that can be caused by pitch invasions twice this week, we dont want that at carrow road. pitch invasion are overated anyway

[quote user="wedgie"]The club are bluffing, they know the identity of about 4 of those that ran on the pitch. Do other clubs blackmail their own fans?![/quote]LOL guess much?

[quote user="wedgie"]The club are bluffing, they know the identity of about 4 of those that ran on the pitch. Do other clubs blackmail their own fans?![/quote]

Have to agree with this, but its a good move by the club. I doubt a pitch invasion or not will have any effect on those who trickled onto the pitch after the Gills game.

Not that I want to see a pitch invasion, and im sure there wont be one, we all want to see the presentation after all.

the club are not bluffing, they have cameras in the stands and can see exactly who ran on the pitch and where abouts they sit in the stadium. a quick look at the name of the person linked to that seat, then they can ban them immediately, pretty simple really.

[quote user="wedgie"]The club are bluffing, they know the identity of about 4 of those that ran on the pitch. Do other clubs blackmail their own fans?![/quote]The entire ground is covered by security cameras, the police had camcorders recording peoples faces, it really wouldn''t take Sherlock Holmes to work this one out.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="wedgie"]The club are bluffing, they know the identity of about 4 of those that ran on the pitch. Do other clubs blackmail their own fans?![/quote]

The entire ground is covered by security cameras, the police had camcorders recording peoples faces, it really wouldn''t take Sherlock Holmes to work this one out.

[/quote]

Now my dear Watson.. I deduce that we can rule out Smudger as he was in the Upper Tier. (Wish he''d jumped though[:O] )

Pitch Invasions are so 80’s and they do not get that much attention unless a few mindless morons what to have a “tear up” in the centre circle.

I would much rather see a sea of yellow and green, flags, balloons tickertape etc, and the whole ground singing in one voice, I really don’t think the players appreciate invasions as it only cuts short their moment of celebration as they would head off the pitch far earlier than they would want too rather than enjoying the moment and interacting with the crowd.

One of the most impressive sights in football has always been the Liverpool Kop in full voice with scarfs aloft and flags waving, that sight has more impact than any pitch invasion.

Carrow Road will be awash with colour and noise that will do for me!

Seems fair enough to me, nearly everyone wants to see the presentation after the match on saturday so the club have put more pressure on those fans who may wish to pitch invade on saturday to not do so.

Why don''t one of you biscuit chasers run after your digestive biscuit onto the pitch and get these "thugs" and people who are not "real supporters" banned as you all continuously advocate?

Then we can all have a quiet and peacefull saturday afternoon

56 cameras, 23 of those are pan tilt and zoom (PTZ) with full recording facilities, police video and numerous fans photo''s posted all over the web, as you suggest Morty its not too difficult.

If we all cast our minds back to the start of the season you will remember the so called ''season ticket two'' and the subsequent FA investigation into their actions.

Then midseason we had the angel that accidently fell onto the perimeter track from the snake pit

Now I agree that the first was in a completely different context to the others however all are classed as pitch incursions and are in contravention of FA Ground Regulations and therefore the club could theoretically incurr the wrath of the FA if they were seen to not be doing anything to stop further incidents.

I think following this weekends events around the country, the evidence is there for all to see that things can and do go horribly wrong even when they are instigated with the best intentions.

A pitch incursion this Saturday, with the FA in attendance would not only bring a halt to all celebrations but could have serious consequences.

Let us all enjoy the day from the safety of the stands and let the players enjoy receiving the spoils of victory.

Do you not think it would be more special if the players were awarded the trophy up in the stand where delia sits (along that row) and fans were all on the pitch? WOuld make for a much better picture in my opinion.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]the club are not bluffing, they have cameras in the stands and can see exactly who ran on the pitch and where abouts they sit in the stadium. a quick look at the name of the person linked to that seat, then they can ban them immediately, pretty simple really.[/quote]

That''s right, ban the poor sods who left their seats to go to the toilet, get a hot dog etc

It''s all very well having rules and what happened at Luton yesterday is clearly unacceptable but as that nice Mr McNally said , we are a family club, and the supporters who ran on the pitch were just over exuberant and enjoying the moment. IMHO opinion is it is totally heavy handed to talk about banning such supporters and, frankly, a bit like biting the hand that feeds you. As for the stewards that got injured, does anybody know what their injuries were ? Serious or just bruised egos ? Either way I''m sure they''ve been booked on a 10 week course of counselling.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2043166,00.htmlEverybody has to behave themselves on Saturday, or else the fans that ran on to the pitch after the Gillingham game will get life bans.If we all stay in our seats, they all get an amnesty and don''t get banned.Seems a bit odd to me[:^)][/quote]

As a result all supporters identified on the day or subsequently via

video footage as having encroached on to the pitch will be subject to an

indefinite ban from attending games at Carrow Road.

Since when has indefinite meant life?

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Do you not think it would be more special if the players were awarded the trophy up in the stand where delia sits (along that row) and fans were all on the pitch? WOuld make for a much better picture in my opinion.[/quote]And how do us in the upper Barclay join in exactly lol?

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]

Why don''t one of you biscuit chasers run after your digestive biscuit onto the pitch and get these "thugs" and people who are not "real supporters" banned as you all continuously advocate?

Then we can all have a quiet and peacefull saturday afternoon

[/quote]WTF are you on about?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Irish Messi"]Do you not think it would be more special if the players were awarded the trophy up in the stand where delia sits (along that row) and fans were all on the pitch? WOuld make for a much better picture in my opinion.[/quote]

And how do us in the upper Barclay join in exactly lol?
[/quote]

woops should of quoted..
tough S*** that you sit up there :)

[quote user="The Irish Messi"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Irish Messi"]Do you not think it would be more special if the players were awarded the trophy up in the stand where delia sits (along that row) and fans were all on the pitch? WOuld make for a much better picture in my opinion.[/quote]And how do us in the upper Barclay join in exactly lol?[/quote]woops should of quoted..tough S*** that you sit up there :)[/quote]Thanks for your insightful, well thought out answer.[Y]

Alf - I agree im sure if we did a pitch invasion it would be very friendly and good natured. But every club has its share of idiots who can mess it up for everyone else, thats the issue.

[quote user="the mole"]

56 cameras, 23 of those are pan tilt and zoom (PTZ) with full recording facilities, police video and numerous fans photo''s posted all over the web, as you suggest Morty its not too difficult.

If we all cast our minds back to the start of the season you will remember the so called ''season ticket two'' and the subsequent FA investigation into their actions.

Then midseason we had the angel that accidently fell onto the perimeter track from the snake pit

Now I agree that the first was in a completely different context to the others however all are classed as pitch incursions and are in contravention of FA Ground Regulations and therefore the club could theoretically incurr the wrath of the FA if they were seen to not be doing anything to stop further incidents.

I think following this weekends events around the country, the evidence is there for all to see that things can and do go horribly wrong even when they are instigated with the best intentions.

A pitch incursion this Saturday, with the FA in attendance would not only bring a halt to all celebrations but could have serious consequences.

Let us all enjoy the day from the safety of the stands and let the players enjoy receiving the spoils of victory.

[/quote]

FA Investigation ! They ran onto the pitch and threw their season tickets at Gunn - what''s to investigate ? IMO those supporters who want to come onto the pitch to join together, in front of the City Stand, in applauding what''s been achieved this season should be invited onto the pitch after the players have left it so that this can be done in an orderly fashion. Instead of always controlling and banning people there should be more flexibility and cooperation.

[quote user="Alf Tupper"][quote user="the mole"]

[/quote]

FA Investigation ! They ran onto the pitch and threw their season tickets at Gunn - what''s to investigate ? IMO those supporters who want to come onto the pitch to join together, in front of the City Stand, in applauding what''s been achieved this season should be invited onto the pitch after the players have left it so that this can be done in an orderly fashion. Instead of always controlling and banning people there should be more flexibility and cooperation.

[/quote]Or that..I still think from the clubs point of view its too big a risk, and has to be discouraged. Especially in the wake of Luton and Sheff Weds, we could end up with our own Wannabe casuals trying to kick off after one too many weak lagers.