Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

David Wright or Tommy Spurr - Full Backs.

I would love to have Tommy Spurr here. Several times ive seen him play, and he''s never failed to impress! He also has a bigger throw than Rose ;) (Sheffield Wednesday)

David Wright, I''ve see that he has stated that he would love to join us... I cant remeber seeing much of him when he was on loan here or when he played for scum.

Any good? Thoughts...

Both of them! I suggested them both in a thread yesterday.If for some reason we could only sign one though I''d go for Tommy Spurr.

Considering ones a RB & the other LB & IMO we could do with strenghtening each, i''d go both.

[quote user="freddyf105"]I want Andy Griffin! Tommy Spurr doesn''t sound too bad for left back though...[/quote]

Andy Griffin?  No, no, no ! Just like me - past it !

Grounds, yes, yes and yes again! Give spillane his due at right back and leave the defence be, secure forster and use any money elsewhere.

I have been saying Tommy Spurr too, absolutely peach player, seen him play live several times - quality every time.

Agree regarding Jonathan Grounds, looked good when he was on loan and is versatile. Also looked as if he was actually enjoying playing for us and was glad to be here...unlike some!

Noticed this morning that Preston have released Chris Sedgewick and Richard Chaplow, bith decent players and more than capable at CCC level, Chaplow, especially is a good midfielder, creative, a real passer of the ball, he was very highly rated a while ago, so has perhaps "lost hos way" at Deepdale? Anyway...

...the point is, are either of those, Grounds, Wright or Spurr "hungry" enough? That looks like Lamberts defining factor, and, if they are just seasoned pro''s looking for another move, another couple of years somewhere, and another signing on fee, well, let someone else have the buggers!

Well I would hope that Tommy Spurr would be hungry enough, 165 league appearances already at the age of 22 suggests so doesn''t it? He also has 3 years remaining on his contract, so "another couple of years somewhere" isn''t really applicable!

As for Sedgwick, no thanks! Preston were proved 100% correct the last time they decided a right winger wasn''t good enough for them..... that being Simon Whaley of course...

I''ve not seen enough of Spurr to judge, though my Sheffield United supporting chum begrudgingly thinks he''s ace. So was he the shining light in Wednesday''s relegated side?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Yesterday''s EADT said that both Wright and Jonathan Stead were set to leave in the summer.

[/quote]

So the question remains the same, should we sign David Wright?

Stead is useless, always has been. Huff, puff, and no end product..... Lee Croft up front....

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="freddyf105"]I want Andy Griffin! Tommy Spurr doesn''t sound too bad for left back though...[/quote]

Andy Griffin?  No, no, no ! Just like me - past it !

[/quote]

haha, I''ll admit he''s a bit tubby and hir hair has turned grey but he''s been amazing for Reading, really really consistent. Anyway I reckon Stoke would let us have him on loan for a season and after that Spillane could step up.

I know a guy who is a Wednesday fan, goes to watch them home and away.

His verdict throughout the season on Tommy Spurr has been that he''s a total liability for them.

[quote user="GJP"]

His verdict throughout the season on Tommy Spurr has been that he''s a total liability for them.

[/quote]

And? I sit near two people who think that Hoolohan is a complete liability for us, it certainly doesn''t mean that he is. I also used to sit near a couple who genuinely believed that Daryl Sutch was our best player, again, it doesn''t mean that he was.

Chaplow would be great- we have central midfielders that can graft but not any that can dictate play from there.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

And? I sit near two people who think that Hoolohan is a complete liability for us, it certainly doesn''t mean that he is. I also used to sit near a couple who genuinely believed that Daryl Sutch was our best player, again, it doesn''t mean that he was.

[/quote]

Well the other day I was speaking to this chap, we were talking football. I just asked him what he thought of some of the Wednesday players and he commented that he thought Spurr had been poor for them this season.

Seeing as we''re talking about Tommy Spurr in this thread I didn''t think it was unreasonable to mention it.

Or have you just got your back up because you were singing his praises in an earlier post and I''ve put forward a view that goes against it?

Just because you think Spurr is a "peach" of a player doesn''t mean he is, just the same way that he may not be as bad as my Wednesday supporting mate thinks he is.