Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Can anyone believe Dickson Etutu will be playing in the UEFA Cup Final

I actually thought, after a bad start, he turned out to be rather a strong player.

As or a UEFA cup final, I honestly didnt expect Fulham to get there, but I do think Etuhu is good enough for a premiership team like them so in answer to your question, yes, I can

Not really, he was always a strong and hard working midfielder much like Darel Russel and I''m pleased to see him doing well.

Same Morty, as did Huckerby.

He was always pressured here by the crowd, and it pushed him into making mistakes.

It''s nice to see Roy doing such a good job with Fulham, manager of the year for sure!

Can anyone else believe how many things Dickson Etuhu likes on facebook? Haha. He always seems to like stuff on my news feed!

The irony is that he''s playing for Fulham........the opposition in his worst ever Norwich performance...the 6-0 drubbing that saw us exit the premier.

Is he related to John Higgins?

[quote user="Methane"]The irony is that he''s playing for Fulham........the opposition in his worst ever Norwich performance...the 6-0 drubbing that saw us exit the premier.

Is he related to John Higgins?[/quote]I know he didn''t turn up sometimes but not sure you can blame him for not doing so that day, he wasn''t even a Norwich City player back then.

[quote user="Methane"]The irony is that he''s playing for Fulham........the opposition in his worst ever Norwich performance...the 6-0 drubbing that saw us exit the premier.

Is he related to John Higgins?[/quote]Errr he wasn''t even with us then. [:$]

Is he related to John Higgins?[/quote]Aren''t you getting confused with Damien Francis?

Dickson, Damien, they were like peas in a pod but yes WITS i did get confused and can only blame the trauma of putting my cross in the box earlier today.

Apologies to Dickson....but to be fair he was never on the end of a cross in the box.

If I remember correctly, he has a poor first season and many fans weren''t his biggest fan. But I think he came in two weeks early for the next season to improve, and I always loved how passionate he was his work rate, and thought he was alright. But in answer to your question, no.

Dickson always had the ability - but it was the variability of his performances while he was with us that made him so frustrating;   when he wanted to play he was clearly a prem player;  sadly that dickson only appeared to show one game in four or so.

[quote user="Brendo "]If I remember correctly, he has a poor first season and many fans weren''t his biggest fan. But I think he came in two weeks early for the next season to improve, and I always loved how passionate he was his work rate, and thought he was alright. But in answer to your question, no.
[/quote]

Are you serious?

He always had ability but even now his passion and workrate are hardly exceptional.   At Norwich they were virtually nonexistent.   With his ability and Hughes passion, we would have had a player like Viera rather than two underperforming disappointments.

Chris Waddle made the best assessment of Etuhu in a radio commentary.  It was to the effect that the best players move for the next play after they have passed the ball but Dickson tends to watch and then move after.  Watch him.  It is very true.  He is quite a static player.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]Not really, he was always a strong and hard working midfielder much like Darel Russel and I''m pleased to see him doing well.
[/quote]

Etuhu - always strong & hard working? Are you sure?

He''s a decent player. Fulham are very much a "team". Everybody player has their job to do and they do it well, Etuhu being one of those.

He didn''t necessarily always play well week in week out for us but, at the same time, there''s no doubt that he was a loss to us and we took another step backward after he went.

Etuhu was and is a good player. Got great fundamentals about him, his problem is in his head. With a bit more graft, and movement he could be a very good player. Unfortunately I can''t see that happening, as the only time he got going at Norwich was when an opposition player started on him. I think it is clear that Norwich missed him when he left.

I always thought he was frustrating. He scored goals when he made those late runs into the box but all to often would get into the opposition half, pass and then stay still.

Good luck to Etuhu and to Fulham and yes I can believe he is playing in for a prem team and in the final