Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

HOME FRIENDLIES VS NEWCASTLE AND EVERTON CONFIRMED

As well as a full pre season line up with games against Dagenham, Lincoln, Stevenage and some Norwich XI fixtures against "the locals". Also they''re going to Germany for a week.

Anyone else think that the time PL spent in Germany is the reason he takes his teams there for pre season?? Perhaps he knows some guys out there that he will bring in to help out with coaching or fitness work.

Sounds like everyone is taking this step up very seriously, it''s nice to see that we mean business in pre-season with some tough games

[quote user="Duffman"]Anyone else think that the time PL spent in Germany is the reason he takes his teams there for pre season?? Perhaps he knows some guys out there that he will bring in to help out with coaching or fitness work.[/quote]Perhaps. Maybe he thinks the German game will help us build the technical ability for the Championship season.

[quote]In a change to recent summer preparations the Club won''t be conducting a

pre-season tour with matches, instead the team will travel to Germany

for a private training camp between July 11 and 18.

City''s pre-season fixtures are as follows:

Saturday, July 10 Dereham Town (A) 3pm kick-offTuesday, July 13

Lynn FC v Norwich City XI, 7.45pm kick-offThursday, July 15 Norwich

United v Norwich City XI, 7.45pm kick-offTuesday, July 20 Stevenage

Borough (A) 7.45pm kick-offThursday, July 22 Dagenham &

Redbridge (A) 7.45pm kick-offSaturday, July 24 Newcastle United (H)

3pm kick-offTuesday, July 27 Diss Town v Norwich City XI (A) 7.45pm

kick-offWednesday, July 28 Lincoln City (A) 7.30pm kick-offSaturday,

July 31 Everton (H) 3pm kick-off

[/quote]are they borrowing the tardis?

[quote user="liamcicada"]are they borrowing the tardis?[/quote]Who Houstan Canary??? ... Oh wait you said tardis.. not re.... doesn''t matter. [^o)]

Am I alone in thinking that the words friendly and Everton shouldn''t be in the same sentence?

I detest them more than Ipswich and are only matched in my contempt by Man Ure (PLC).

[quote user="morty"]Good stuff.

[:D]
[/quote]

great insight

[quote user="jew"]

[quote user="morty"]Good stuff.[:D][/quote]

great insight

[/quote]Bore off mate.

Looks like a very tough pre-season schedule playing 5 football league sides in 11 days including 2 premiership sides. Certainly no excuse for starting slowly and being caught cold like last season.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jew"]

[quote user="morty"]Good stuff.

[:D]
[/quote]

great insight

[/quote]

Bore off mate.
[/quote]

good banter morty...

some good ones in there for me

Drive past Stevenage''s ground everyday and some interesting matches aside from this!

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "][quote user="morty"][quote user="jew"]

[quote user="morty"]Good stuff.[:D][/quote]

great insight

[/quote]Bore off mate.[/quote]

good banter morty...

some good ones in there for me

Drive past Stevenage''s ground everyday and some interesting matches aside from this!

[/quote]Just another boring troll lol.I will probably go to the Everton and Newcastle as live in Norwich, they should be good moneyspinners for the club.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looks like a very tough pre-season schedule playing 5 football league sides in 11 days including 2 premiership sides. Certainly no excuse for starting slowly and being caught cold like last season.
[/quote]

The irony here is that we actually DID have a good pre-season last year including a win over Wigan and an unheard of win at Selhurst Park, where even Simon Whaley looked good, and there was no evidence of what was to come when the season started as we appeared in good shape.

Just goes to show that you can''t really read anything in pre-season performaces ?! 

Think we all expected Lincoln away after Chris Sutton going there.. I expect us to send a player or 2 on loan to Lincoln.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="CT "]

Am I the only one who has made the link between Newcastle coming here and FF possibly coming back on loan [;)]

[/quote]

Nope: http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2095643/ShowPost.aspx
[/quote]

That thread was made 4 minutes after this post so technically you should be posting this post on that thread [<:o)]

[/quote]

Regardless of timing you asked the question, not them. Why do you have ?!? at the start of your name?

Sounds like some good games! Hopefully there will be another game at Dartford again. Lots of their fans turned up to see good old Cody last time!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looks like a very tough pre-season schedule playing 5 football league sides in 11 days including 2 premiership sides. Certainly no excuse for starting slowly and being caught cold like last season.[/quote]

The irony here is that we actually DID have a good pre-season last year including a win over Wigan and an unheard of win at Selhurst Park, where even Simon Whaley looked good, and there was no evidence of what was to come when the season started as we appeared in good shape.

Just goes to show that you can''t really read anything in pre-season performaces ?! 

[/quote]The problem was, Gunn''s tactic of getting the opposition pissed up before the game came unstuck in league games.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems to be a relationship with Lincoln since Sutton has gone there, Stephens out on loan and now the friendly. Lambert & Sutton obviously got on well at Celtic.[/quote]Fair assumption, if I was a manager first people you''d call on the phone would be past team mates you got on with.  And it shows with the match with the Toon, the two clubs must''ve got a good business relationship over Forster.