Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ian Harte Link

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6134970,00.html

Definately a good option for left back to help out Drury or vice versa !

Thought he was older than 32, been around for about 100 years it seems. 18 goals from left back is crazy, even if he is free kick and penalty (?) taker.

Has been poor defensively for Carlisle this season at centre back, he has no pace whatsoever anymore so doesn''t play at left back. He''s scored a few goals from free kicks and penalties and was once a top player, masks his  poor defending this season, if he''s struggled at League 1 level there is no way he''ll perform at Championship level a year down the line.

I agree. I have seen him a couple of times this season and he is basically poor most of the time as far as defending goes. He is good at free kicks and takes their penalties . He is valuable to carlisle on that basis but would not fit into our club, not good enough for midfield or defence

I would have him but our left backs would be getting on a bit. Doubt he will be wanting to come to us just as cover but hope we will give him a chance.

So bad he made the league one team of the season...... give me strength

[quote user="Mike Grant"]So bad he made the league one team of the season...... give me strength[/quote]At left back despite playing no more than a couple of games there, ask any Carlisle fan how good defensively he is, perhaps we should just play with 10 men for 90mins, concede a few goals and wheel him on to take the set pieces.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]So bad he made the league one team of the season...... give me strength[/quote]I seem to remember a certain Mr Otsemebor being in a League One team of the season just before signing for us....

He''s always been a good footballer but even during his best years at Leeds he never had any pace and that situation hasn''t improved.

I guess not a bad signing if you want someone as backup for Drury.

He''s like the kicker US football teams bring on for that purpose alone.

Great at set pieces, unquestionably, but no, not the sort of signing we should be pursuing. Sky are speculating and making (in this case, ill-)educated guesses. This one won''t go anywhere.

I would prefer to see Patrick van Aanholt to come in on loan for a season. Had a good spell at Newcastle. Another Ryan bertrand type player.

[quote user="Lambo"]No thanks, not when Tommy Spurr''s going on a free transfer.[/quote]

Unfortunately Spurr is not on a free transfer, he was on that list that somebody posted, but actuallys signed a 3 year deal in 2009 :(