Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

N & P Stand

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

I never made any comments about blankets and pensioners so I can''t really answer that, but it does seem awfully quiet and almost deviod of life from my vantage point. Of course, not everybody is going to stand and sing all game, but the ground would be morgue like without parts of the Barclay and the Snakepit wouldn''t it?

Also, I realise that some of the comments are in jest, but I''m unsure where this assumption that the Barclay is full of teenagers that have aversions to spot cream and homework come from. It''s patently false, or certainly is at the back of Blocks D and E.

What is without question is that the players and management have huge appreciation for the parts of the ground which provide the vocal support (before anybody gets their knickers in a twist, I''m not saying that he doesn''t value every City fan, regardless of the stand they''re in). Look at where Lambert decided to throw his kit. That his tracksuit ended up in Block E of the Barclay and the Snakepit is not a coincidence.

Up the Barclay.

[/quote]

Yup....and when Lambo addressed the fans, he actually only faced the Barclay for the duration of his speech....

In that case, we should just be a Barclay only, one-stand stadium....With the rest of the ground surrounded by a 14 foot fence.....

Saying that, I don''t suppose for one minute anyone would actually notice....

As the 14 foot fence would actually make more noise - than if they retained the Jarrold, N&P and City Stands and the support seated within....FACT! 

some of the barclay (a + b block) is just as bad as the river end. though i used to sit in block tl 10 years ago and it was noisy ;)