Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

N & P Stand

i love the peace and tranquility of the River End. I first stood there in ''71 before moving to the South Stand Terrace. I love it and the banter with those around me.

The N&P is quiet.. It would be nice for all the stands to sing "we''re the..." Even the Jarrold have tried! [:P] I''m in The Barclay, always have, always will.. But.. Without the fans in the N&P, the Jarrold, and ofcourse the posh people area [:P] we wouldn''t have the support and reputation we do, so singing or not, fair play, SING UP THE N&P.. Not quite the same [:P]

I''m using a friends season ticket in the N and P and I will be brining inflatables this weekend. I have to say though the N and P is full of moaning old biddies! The women a couple of rows back from me never stops telling the players what to do when she has obviously never played football in her life, she thinks she''s Deli with all her comment and quotes I feel like turning round and telling her to shut up. The women directly behind me asked me to sit-down 20 seconds after Martins goal against Leeds!! I just turned around and ignored her. Then she was huffing a puffing when the final whistle went and everyone was standing up. WHY DO THESE PEOPLE GO TO FOOTBALL? PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM! RANT OVER :)

So they reconise each other on tv

also id love to sit in the barclay join in with all the banter etc. but my season ticket cost me 63 quid and in the barclay it would cost 180mm im gonna get saving!

[quote user="First Jedi"]"You all soooo want to be in the Barclay." Barclay Lower E blockers RULE! (All the non-E block, or upper tiers are just N&P wannabes...) :P[/quote]

ha [:D]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Why are there so many people in that little huddle that wear high vis jackets in the River End?[/quote]Yes! I''ve wondered who they are for ages. Anyone know?

[quote user="Bird Table"][quote user="CallsignViper"]Why are there so many people in that little huddle that wear high vis jackets in the River End?
[/quote]

Yes! I''ve wondered who they are for ages. Anyone know?
[/quote]

didn''t notice this - probs becuse i sit in the N&P!

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Why are there so many people in that little huddle that wear high vis jackets in the River End?
[/quote]

I have long since wondered the answer to this question. They always seem to be on TV. And from what i gather they sit down a few minutes after the game starts.  It must be Programme sellers or St. Johns ambulance?

the people in the high vis jackets are the programme and golden goal sellers and that is always where their free tickets are...........i know because i used to be onei sit in the N&P with my daughter for two reasons. one it is a lot cheaper for both us to have season tickets in there and two as she is only 12 she cant see very well when everyone is standing up like in the barclay so when we have sat in the barclay she ended up missing lots of the game as she cant see. but beleieve it or not we do make lots of noise esp the area of the N&P we sit in so those of you that think differently ought to try it one day, they might be surprised.will add that although the barclay do make lots of noise most of the ''noise'' from the snakepit is inaudible to the rest of the ground and the theory goes it is because of the so called chavs who dont know the words to a lot of the songs so just mumble their way through them

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]the people in the high vis jackets are the programme and golden goal sellers and that is always where their free tickets are...........i know because i used to be one

i sit in the N&P with my daughter for two reasons. one it is a lot cheaper for both us to have season tickets in there and two as she is only 12 she cant see very well when everyone is standing up like in the barclay so when we have sat in the barclay she ended up missing lots of the game as she cant see. but beleieve it or not we do make lots of noise esp the area of the N&P we sit in so those of you that think differently ought to try it one day, they might be surprised.

will add that although the barclay do make lots of noise most of the ''noise'' from the snakepit is inaudible to the rest of the ground and the theory goes it is because of the so called chavs who dont know the words to a lot of the songs so just mumble their way through them
[/quote]

Ah thanks for answering that!

LOL I love to "chav-it-up"

Sorry for those who defended the N &P in this thread earlier but must admit the atmosphere (or lack of) was appaling on Saturday

I know the dire game and performance wouldnt of helped but even at the start and during the post match celebrations it was so flat.

Made even more dissapointing by having to sit and watch all the fun in the Barclay opposite.

Must admit will only ever sit their again if I cant find anywhere else in the ground

Barclay E Block back row.

The beat place in the ground. Ask Nutty (across the aisle from me). Ask Herb, a few rows in front. Ask my great friends, Neil, Nev, Mike, and my son Chris. We have a great set of youngsters in front of us who are great fun and start off lots of songs, though not as many as us. We have a great steward who lets us stand all game and most of all we have a great time. We support and sing, we are positive, we might moan a the ref or anything to do with the Scum (be that the Suffolk lot, Wolves or Leeds). We love the team, Lambert and the songs, from the old ones to the new ones.

Could never be anywhere else. They will have to carry me out of the Lower B in a box. OTBC.

I sit in the N & P and would love to have all the fans singing. I go to quite a lot of away games and I am singing for most of the game like the rest of us. Unfortunately the vast majority of the people in the N & P don''t like to sing for whatever reason. But this doesn''t mean that  they are "shit fans" just because they don''t sing.

Jarrold Or Barclay Are Both Quite Good When ever im in the Jarrold they always seem to sing ;)

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]The barclay is full of kids who think they''re hard because they haven''t handed in they''re homework on time.[/quote]

Apart from it isn''t, but don''t let that small fact stop you from talking utter crap will you?

[/quote]

That statement is just as true as the constant ''utter crap'' about the N & P being full of pensioners with blankets. Perhaps some of us just to prefer to watch our football as far away as possible from a bunch of nauseating adolescents acting hard and stinking of clearasil [:)][;)]  

I never made any comments about blankets and pensioners so I can''t really answer that, but it does seem awfully quiet and almost deviod of life from my vantage point. Of course, not everybody is going to stand and sing all game, but the ground would be morgue like without parts of the Barclay and the Snakepit wouldn''t it?

Also, I realise that some of the comments are in jest, but I''m unsure where this assumption that the Barclay is full of teenagers that have aversions to spot cream and homework come from. It''s patently false, or certainly is at the back of Blocks D and E.

What is without question is that the players and management have huge appreciation for the parts of the ground which provide the vocal support (before anybody gets their knickers in a twist, I''m not saying that he doesn''t value every City fan, regardless of the stand they''re in). Look at where Lambert decided to throw his kit. That his tracksuit ended up in Block E of the Barclay and the Snakepit is not a coincidence.

Up the Barclay.

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

I never made any comments about blankets and pensioners so I can''t really answer that, but it does seem awfully quiet and almost deviod of life from my vantage point. Of course, not everybody is going to stand and sing all game, but the ground would be morgue like without parts of the Barclay and the Snakepit wouldn''t it?

Also, I realise that some of the comments are in jest, but I''m unsure where this assumption that the Barclay is full of teenagers that have aversions to spot cream and homework come from. It''s patently false, or certainly is at the back of Blocks D and E.

What is without question is that the players and management have huge appreciation for the parts of the ground which provide the vocal support (before anybody gets their knickers in a twist, I''m not saying that he doesn''t value every City fan, regardless of the stand they''re in). Look at where Lambert decided to throw his kit. That his tracksuit ended up in Block E of the Barclay and the Snakepit is not a coincidence.

Up the Barclay.

[/quote]

Cracking sense of humour too I see [:D][:D] You''re correct in your assumption that these comments are in jest [:)]

Some people seem to be taking this a bit too seriously.[:)] I''m just making the point that if people in the barclay can generalise about supporters in the river end, then they should be able to take it back.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Some people seem to be taking this a bit too seriously.[:)] I''m just making the point that if people in the barclay can generalise about supporters in the river end, then they should be able to take it back.[/quote]

Exactly [Y]