Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you for these Star, they look nailed on to me and surely only bad luck can stop you from completing a unique Free Bet Hat-trick. I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

I popped in to see Billy yesterday afternoon and told him of all the good things you PUPs have been saying about him this week. I''m sure he appreciates it. There''s no computer in Billy''s shop so I don''t think he ever sees this for himself. He had a big smile because we''d won again last week. He really is an incredible guy but of course, like us, he is a City Fan. The good news is that Billy and Angie can make our meet on 4th June.

So the darts challenge should be back on and we won''t have to throw them at young Nana. Now Kev, I know I mustn''t serve ale to young Nana and if in doubt I have to ask him for ID. This happened to me just the other day when I was drinking in one of those bars down Riverside! A lovely young lady behind the counter asked me for proof I was 18. Just about made my day that did! Five grandchildren and I still get asked for ID in the pubs!!! Of course a similar thing happened to our good friend Tilly a few weeks ago. He got on the bus and when he paid his fare the driver said "You do realise if you apply to the Council you can get a pass so you travel free"![;)]

[/quote]

its just routine now-a-days [:P]

[/quote]Lol my 17 year old friend (who probably looks more like 15...) got someone else to buy him a drink in the pub last night (i was on Coke unforutnatly [:P]) and know one really took any notice....Anyway, Good picks again this week, and good luck [:D]

Can''t see us losing this one. [:)] Except maybe something like Soton because they don''t care. I reckon we''ll win though. [Y]

I''m heading to Portugal for the final week of a brilliant season, not just for us PUP''s but for Norwich as well.  Thank you to everyone for making the freebet so enjoyable and special thanks to Eddie for his continued hard work on this and of course to the man who made all this a reality, Ray[Y]

My nap for this final week is -

Benfica vs. Rio Ave - home win.

Benfica should be far too strong at home against Rio, where they will hopefully put on a bit of a show and celebrate winning the league in style.

God luck everyone, and of course the very best of luck to ncfcstar[:)][Y]

I am looking forward to making one of these meets one day and meeting some of you and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Thanks again everybody and not forgetting Billy Dixon, thank you too for your ongoing support and generosity.  I really hope we can secure this for another season, it is such a wonderful thing[Y]

Sorry its late.

This week i''m also going for.........

Chelsea to beat Wigan

Good luck everyone!

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends NCFCStar  and Billy Dixon we have...

1/9 Chelsea 
4/9 Norwich 
1/6 Benfica 
10/11 Bayern Munich 
1/8 Real Madrid 
4/11 Southampton 

Which will win for the Academy £44.83p.  As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £36.09. So once again that’s big difference and it just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Star for these excellent selections. I think there’s a great chance of a third consecutive winning week.

So now it’s "game on". Bayern Munich  get us under way today at 2:30pm followed by Norwich and Southampton at 3pm. Then Real Madrid kick off at 8pm. Hopefully we will be unbeaten overnight looking forward to Chelsea at 4pm and Benfica at 6pm tomorrow.

Good luck everyone [:)]

on the day norwich life the trophy, they fail to win. Unlucky NCFC[*]. Nice to see Korey and Tom, Micky and Chris picking up winners medals today [;)]

Very unlucky Star. The other three all won today, but I guess we can''t moan too much about our beloved Norwich letting us down They have done us proud this season just as you PUPs have done the club proud.

I hope all you PUPs still managed to have a good day. I know I did even thouigh the weather and Carlisle rained on our parade[st]

I will be back after tomorrows games with our final stats.

Thanks again NCFCStar. I hope you still enjoyed your week despite the disappointment at the end. You join the 5/6 club which has a lot of members!

The stats were good again. 49 of you selected giving 20 correct picks (82%). Between us we gave Star 20 different games to consider of which 15 won (75%).

I was remiss earlier in the thread by not welcoming AndyCanary who made his first selection. So welcome Andy. You are the 97th PUP to select this season. If we get the opportunity to do this again next season we’d love to see you back.

Mr Bump[*] is our new Champion[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

An incredible season where he managed to pick correctly in 39 of the 40 weeks. Truly awesome mate and well done[Y]

Beauseant, Fonejacker & Till1010 tied for second place on 93% and the top five is completed by Scooby on 92%. All you top five will be receiving a PM from me regarding the “Rays Funds For FONCY at the World Cup”. Thanks again to our great friend Tilly for his £50 which allows us to do it.

The final stats make terrific reading. We had an amazing 7 PUPs on 90% or above and a further 17 of you on 80% or above. I salute you 24 PUPs, I did my best but couldn’t get to 80% to join you. But the biggest “well done” should go to each and every one of you. Not just those on the published list but all who have taken part. Because it’s the variety of selections that have helped us be successful. And because of all those selections we have the most fantastic stat of all - This season’s winnings of £241.54 for FONCY. All us PUPs should feel that little bit extra pride when we see the youngsters from our academy playing for the first team.

Here is the final PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 39-40 98
Beauseant 37-40 93
Fonejacker 37-40 93
Til 1010 37-40 93
Scooby 34-37 92
Delia''s Devonshire.. 35-39 90
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
Cityangel 34-39 87
Cosmic Twin 34-39 87
Statto 19-22 86
Graham Humphrey 34-40 85
Sports Desk - Pete 34-40 85
Mister Chops 33-40 83
NCFCStar 33-40 83
Newyorkcanary 33-40 83
Norfolkbroadslim 33-40 83
1Dartmoore 19-23 83
Obiwancanary 31-38 82
Pboro_Canary 31-38 82
Sparkos 31-38 82
Berkshire Canary 18-22 82
Davo 25-31 81
Fellas 32-40 80
Trent Canary 32-40 80
Leedscanary 31-39 79
Norfolkchance1 31-39 79
Hughesy 31-40 78
Inch High 31-40 78
Norwich 31-40 78
Canary Cherub 28-36 78
Shack Attack 25-32 78
Diesel Doris 30-39 77
methcanary 30-39 77
nutty nigel 30-39 77
Big Bob 15-20 75
City-Til-I-Die 29-39 74
GMF 28-38 74
Kathy 25-34 74
Camuldonum 17-23 74
MacDougall''s perm 17-23 74
Hissing Sid 29-40 73
Yankee Canary 29-40 73
The Butler 24-34 71
1st Wazzock 28-40 70
Muddy funster 26-37 70
Jellytot 27-40 68
Dion Dublin = Legend 23-34 68
Legend Iwan 21-31 68
Yellow Fever (BBI) 22-34 65
Brendan 23-36 64
Ginger Pele 25-40 63
Mandie Moo 25-40 63
Gregt 24-39 62
Blahblahblah 24-40 60
Scrimmage 22-37 59
I''m A Banana 21-40 53

Well done all pups and a massive thanks to Nutty and Billy for giving us another great thread this season. Now all we have to do is ply Billy with drinks on the 4th get him drunk and then get him to agree to another season.[;)]

[quote user="obiwancanary"]Thank you Nutty for the work that you put into this. I dont think I would be alone in saying that it is very much appreciated![/quote]

Seconded!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="obiwancanary"]Thank you Nutty for the work that you put into this. I dont think I would be alone in saying that it is very much appreciated![/quote]

Seconded!

[/quote]Thirded [:D]Really hope it can carry on next season [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Seconded!

[/quote]

Thirded [:D]
Really hope it can carry on next season [:D]
[/quote]fourthded[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Seconded!

[/quote]Thirded [:D]Really hope it can carry on next season [:D][/quote]fourthded[Y][/quote]Fithed, brilliant work Nutty and look forward to challenging for Mr Bumps title next season.

[quote user="Tony DaWonderful"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Seconded!

[/quote]

Thirded [:D]
Really hope it can carry on next season [:D]
[/quote]fourthded[Y][/quote]
Fithed, brilliant work Nutty and look forward to challenging for Mr Bumps title next season.
[/quote]

You are certainly in with a chance my friend. You finished the season on 80% with 8 from 10 correct[Y]

Thanks all of you for your kind words but it really never is a chore to do this. It reminds me of the time I spent with Ray and is a great way to keep those great memories to the fore for all of us. And of course to have that little stake in our great clubs future.

Brilliant season for Norwich City and for all us PUPs (although I didn''t do so well on my picking week)

Well done everyone.

MC

Thanks for the opportunity this week Nutty, I really tried my best, and I can''t believe Norwich let us down I thought it was nailed on!  Hopefully I might get the chance to make it a winning week sometime next year.

Congratulations on all your work this season, and let''s hope we can continue raising money for the academy next year.

Many thanks Nutty, top work as always and looking forward to seeing you all, old faces and new, on the 4th.

Have got it sussed for next season - avoid Norwich and The Gas and I predict a top two finish.

I''m now off to spend the summer months hunting down Sparta Rotterdam''s Rydell Poepon (90+3)...

Brilliant work NN, I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my first season as a PUP.

I am sure Ray would be very impressed with how well it has gone this season and the progress of our youngsters into the first team. : )

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Brilliant work NN, I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my first season as a PUP. I am sure Ray would be very impressed with how well it has gone this season and the progress of our youngsters into the first team. : )[/quote]

me too [:)]even better to beat an experianced pup AKA drinks [;)]

Really unlucky, ncfcstar.

Congratulations to Mr. Bump! [B] And well done to all PUPs for a great season of picks!

A BIG ''Thank You'' to Nutty Nigel for all his hard work. And to Billy, who will hopefully let us do it all again next season! [:)]

Mr Bump, Beaus, Fonejack, Tilly and Scooby - you all have PM''s regarding the Rays Funds at the World Cup.[Y]

I can only echo what previous posters have said, thank you NN and Billy for continuing with the PUPs thread.

As you know, this is also my first season and I''ve thoroughly enjoyed it - even though Mum convincingly won our little side wager!!  [:$][:$][:S][:S]

We''re both looking forward to meeting some more PUPs on 4th June.  [<:o)][<:o)]

For those of you who can''t make it, have a great Summer and enjoy the World Cup before the main event starts in August!!  [:D][;)]

I can only echo Mandie Moo''s sentiments - I have enjoyed it, I will be better next season, I am very proud of what Billy, Ray and now Nigel have worked so hard to start and continue. 

I wish I could attend on 4th June but as always, I am hamstrung by work here in Cardiff.  I hope to get down to see everyone next season, it would be nice to put names to faces!

Good Pupping this season and lets''s hope we can top this season next season!!!

Muddy