Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

2pm on Friday is fine Star. I''m sure all us PUPs will do our best to get our suggestions in by Friday lunchtime to give you all the help we can.

Tilly - It just goes to show there''s a first time for everything[;)]

Now I have been looking after our good friend Hissing Sid''s selections since he left them with me before he went to do his stint in the desert. If you ever get the chance to look in Sid we all send our best wishes and look forward to your safe return home.

Sid''s selection is :-

West Ham     v     Man City      Away Win

And of course, as always, Sid left his best wishes to Star and all us PUPs.

I can''t see Chelsea blowing it now, so my final nap is CHELSEA v Wigan HOME win.

This has been my first full season as a Pup and it has been great fun with lots of good banter. I''m looking forward to seeing you all on the 4th ( and., I''m sure I''ll be seeing many of you in the Nelson on Saturday!), but would just like to add my thanks to Nutty for all his hard work in making it happen every week, and to Billy for his generosity.

Finally, best of luck to NCFC Star, on of my favourite posters, and to all you lovely Pups who make this the one thread not to miss each week in what is often, sadly, a sea of inanity on here.

In the hope of putting the Blake curse on them, Leeds to beat Bristol Rovers.

Thanks for all your efforts NN. I know how much work you have to put in to run this sort of thing.

I''m jetting off to the US storm chasing for three weeks on Saturday so signing off on my favourite thread. See you all next season.

Storm chasing sounds interesting Kathy[li][st][^o)][Y] Hope you have a good time and hope to see you at our meet on the 4th June.

As for my pick this week - I don''t think it''s been selected yet so I''m going to suggest a home win for Real Madrid. Barcelona face a tough trip to Sevilla so Real will want to win at home to Bilbao and hope Barcelona drop some points.

Real Madrid     V     Athletic Bilbao     Home Win

Keep them coming guys, I''ve got a couple sorted but you''ve still got plenty of time to help me with the others!

I''m with newyorkcanary and am going for a home win for Benfica v. Rio Ave.

Benfica are W13 D1 L0 F44 A5 at home and Rio Ave are W3 D6 L5 F11 A17 away.

Good Luck, ncfcstar!

Big game as it comes down to the wire in Spain. Real Madrid to beat Bilbao. Good luck NCFCStar for the last one, you may well need it! Best of luck again to all the PUPs and congrats to all the winning nappers this season, we spent a long time on the 5 outta 6 club and it has been great to break that bogey a couple of times at the death, fingers crossed we might get another one this weekend.

Good luck NCFCStar.What a priviledge it has been to pick again this season. I thank Ray, Eddie and Billy so much for giving us so much enjoyment with this weekly thread, and also the opportunity to forge lifelong friendships.This week, as much as it pains me to do so, LEEDS v Bristol Rovers - HOME WIN is my nap this week.Really looking forward to seeing some new faces along with my many PUP friends on the 4th June. Great Drinkell - bring your arrows boy, we have a score to settle! (oh and bring yer Nana too!)[Y]Have booked a hotel for night, and am bringing Mrs Leeds ands Leeds Jnr to the fine city for a couple of days - but they''ll probably go to the cinema if I''m on a beer and darts mission [;)]Well done everyone this season, its been a blast. Now lets see if Eddie has a silvery tongue like Ray''s in trying to convince Billy to let us do it again!Leedscanary

I''ll take a Millwall home win this week please....

Millwall v Swindon Home win.

Can I also echo what has been said on here already this week, Thanks Nutty,Billy, and the great man Ray for giving us probably the most enjoyable thing on the internet. I like Kev above look forward to meeting my fellow pups again next month. Bagsy I throw the first dart at Nana.[:D][;)]

Scottish PO semi-final, Arbroath are 4-0 up after the first leg and surely will stroll to a comfortable win at home to Queens Park so..........

Arbroath v Queens Park........Home win.

Good luck NCFCStar. [Y]

I came late to the PUPs thread but have thoroughly enjoyed playing my small part in what one previous poster stated was the best thing on the internet ;) Thanks to all who make it so from Billy and Nutty to all the other pups and of course Ray who started it all off - I''m unable to make the meet but really hope you all have a fantastic time.      So for my last pick of the season, I shall change the habit and rather than pick with my head, pick with my heart.          With that said, it has to be Norwich Vs Carlisle - Home Win       So, for the last time this season, heres hoping for both a City and PUPs win               Cheers one and all                         Statto

Right here we go then, I''ve got all of the picks written down in  front of me, and some of the people at work are giving my some funny looks!  Anyway...here we go:

Chelsea to beat Wigan (fonejacker, DDD, methcanary, Mister Chops, muddyfunster, Pete, Gingerpele, Beauseant, gregt, The Butler, GMF)

Norwich to beat Carlisle (Brendo, Statto...and also my pick).

Benfica to beat Rio Ave (NYC, Cosmic Twin)

Bayern Munich to beat Hertha Berlin (Diesel Doris)

Real Madrid to beat Athletic Bilbao (Nutty Nigel, Fellas, Trent Canary)

Southampton to beat Southend (1st Wazzock)

Here''s hoping we can finish the season off with another win, make it 3 in a row, and pass the £900 marker.  Thank you so much for the opportunity to do this Nutty, and thanks also to Billy, and of course to our old friend Arrdee who made this all possible!

I''ll be paying very close attention to all of these results this weekend, good luck to everyone who picked this week, and who will pick from now onwards.

Bring it on!

This week it''s to the south coast for me:

Southampton Vs Southend - Home Win

I honestly think Pardew will want to go out and win this last game at home versus a team already relegated.

Sadly I can''t make the PuP''s meet up as I will only jsut of returned from holiday and wouldn''t be able to get any more time off work.

Good Luck NCFC Star.

Well done to everyone who took part and to those who won.

Lastly thank you Billy and nutty for allowing this to happen it''s been good fun and FONCY as ever are the true winners. Long may it continue!

Davo

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

Right here we go then, I''ve got all of the picks written down in  front of me, and some of the people at work are giving my some funny looks!  Anyway...here we go:

Chelsea to beat Wigan (fonejacker, DDD, methcanary, Mister Chops, muddyfunster, Pete, Gingerpele, Beauseant, gregt, The Butler, GMF)

Norwich to beat Carlisle (Brendo, Statto...and also my pick).

Benfica to beat Rio Ave (NYC, Cosmic Twin)

Bayern Munich to beat Hertha Berlin (Diesel Doris)

Real Madrid to beat Athletic Bilbao (Nutty Nigel, Fellas, Trent Canary)

Southampton to beat Southend (1st Wazzock)

Here''s hoping we can finish the season off with another win, make it 3 in a row, and pass the £900 marker.  Thank you so much for the opportunity to do this Nutty, and thanks also to Billy, and of course to our old friend Arrdee who made this all possible!

I''ll be paying very close attention to all of these results this weekend, good luck to everyone who picked this week, and who will pick from now onwards.

Bring it on!

[/quote]great picks ncfcstar, if these don''t come in  then I will be shocked. Makes my choices for my personal accumulator a lot easier too [:)]

Sorry, bit later than planned from me but couldn''t be helped.  This week my pick is Man Utd to beat Stoke.Best of luck to ncfcstar - that looks a very sound set of picks and I can''t see you losing here.As it''s the last pick of the season (gone quickly eh?) I would also like to say well done to everyone who has taken part, and especially those who have claimed a victory this year - a tidy sum raised for the Academy once again.  And, of course, a big thanks to Nutty for his excellent work and dedication in running this all season (Ray would be proud I''m sure), and Billy for being incredibly generous in allowing us to do this for yet another season.

Appologies for being late....CHELSEA win and take the title....good luck one and all....lets make it 3 on the bounce

Sooooooooooooo looking forward to making the trip to Carra Rd this Saturday[Y] OTBC

[quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]

Can I also echo what has been said on here already this week, Thanks Nutty,Billy, and the great man Ray for giving us probably the most enjoyable thing on the internet. I like Kev above look forward to meeting my fellow pups again next month. Bagsy I throw the first dart at Nana.[:D][;)]

[/quote]

Aarrr, im not going now [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]

[/quote]

Aarrr, im not going now [;)]

[/quote]Awww Nana, we all love ya really - can''t wait to meet you. Although, if Nutty is looking in - remember how old the Nana is, can''t be serving him ale especially if Tilly''s about! [;)][B][:D]

Thank you for these Star, they look nailed on to me and surely only bad luck can stop you from completing a unique Free Bet Hat-trick. I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

I popped in to see Billy yesterday afternoon and told him of all the good things you PUPs have been saying about him this week. I''m sure he appreciates it. There''s no computer in Billy''s shop so I don''t think he ever sees this for himself. He had a big smile because we''d won again last week. He really is an incredible guy but of course, like us, he is a City Fan. The good news is that Billy and Angie can make our meet on 4th June.

So the darts challenge should be back on and we won''t have to throw them at young Nana. Now Kev, I know I mustn''t serve ale to young Nana and if in doubt I have to ask him for ID. This happened to me just the other day when I was drinking in one of those bars down Riverside! A lovely young lady behind the counter asked me for proof I was 18. Just about made my day that did! Five grandchildren and I still get asked for ID in the pubs!!! Of course a similar thing happened to our good friend Tilly a few weeks ago. He got on the bus and when he paid his fare the driver said "You do realise if you apply to the Council you can get a pass so you travel free"![;)]

Sounds like you''ve been down Riverside this afternoon Eddie!Can''t wait to see you all again on the 4th.Hope all the Pups enjoy the game and celebrations tomorrow and Thursday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you for these Star, they look nailed on to me and surely only bad luck can stop you from completing a unique Free Bet Hat-trick. I will get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

I popped in to see Billy yesterday afternoon and told him of all the good things you PUPs have been saying about him this week. I''m sure he appreciates it. There''s no computer in Billy''s shop so I don''t think he ever sees this for himself. He had a big smile because we''d won again last week. He really is an incredible guy but of course, like us, he is a City Fan. The good news is that Billy and Angie can make our meet on 4th June.

So the darts challenge should be back on and we won''t have to throw them at young Nana. Now Kev, I know I mustn''t serve ale to young Nana and if in doubt I have to ask him for ID. This happened to me just the other day when I was drinking in one of those bars down Riverside! A lovely young lady behind the counter asked me for proof I was 18. Just about made my day that did! Five grandchildren and I still get asked for ID in the pubs!!! Of course a similar thing happened to our good friend Tilly a few weeks ago. He got on the bus and when he paid his fare the driver said "You do realise if you apply to the Council you can get a pass so you travel free"![;)]

[/quote]

its just routine now-a-days [:P]