Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week forty, the last week of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend NCFCStar in charge and making the final selections. Now Star first joined the free bet last season where he had a few selections here and there. But this season he has come into his own. He has selected every week and has been one of our most consistent pickers with 33 wins from 39 selections. A strike rate of 85%. So when this week became available I had no hesitation in asking Star to make the final selections.

However NCFCStar will still need all our help if he is to get a third consecutive win for the Academy after the brilliant efforts of Inchy and Norfolkchance over the last 2 weeks. So we need to find our very best naps to give him plenty to consider. We have no worries on that score though because once again last week the selections were outstanding with 84% of all PUPs posting a winning selection.

So this is the last time I shall be opening the Free Bet this season and I shall miss it. Here’s hoping we get the chance to do it all again next year. I will put it to Billy later in the summer so keep your fingers crossed. I have enjoyed being part of such a great community of posters and am proud of the success we have had and the great spirit shown in both winning and losing weeks. I’d like to thank you all for your part in making this such a special part of this message board. And of course a special thanks to Billy for his generous sponsorship & prices and for willing us to win at his expense. Doing the Free Bet each week keeps my happy memories of spending time with Ray fresh in my mind. I just know Ray would be so proud too.

Don’t forget the PUPs Meet on 4th June. I am off on my holidays next Tuesday so when I return the 4th June will only be just over a week away. In the mean time I know our good friend Lapp will be around to answer any questions you may have about the Meet.

And don’t forget the top five PUPs in our league will get the chance to Rays Funds For FONCY in the World Cup thanks to our good friend Tilly’s generosity. I will say more about this when I post the final stats after this weekends fixtures.

That’s it for now so I’ll hand the free bet over to NCFCStar. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name added to Ray’s signature. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away James... the free bet is yours................[:)].......

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, yes Norfolkchance1 £899 for the Academy,so far.

With so much riding on it this weekend, it has to be.....Chelsea vs Stoke City - home winGood luck everyone! [:)]

Millwall need to win to stand any chance of making the 2nd spot. Swindon also need to win to stand any chance, but Millwall with the home advantage just not win.

Actually scrap that....

....Ill go for an Exeter HOME win Vs Huddersfield. Exeter need to win to be playing league 1 football next year and huddersfield need to rest players for the play offs - as they just won''t get the 2nd spot (although they could, buts its so unlikely its not worth trying.)

So Ncfc[*] my Nap is Exeter vs Huddersfield Home Win.

[quote user="fonejacker"]With so much riding on it this weekend, it has to be.....Chelsea vs Stoke City - home winGood luck everyone! [:)][/quote]sorry! My pick is.....Chelsea vs Wigan Athletic - home winGood luck everyone! [:D]

Thanks for the introduction Nutty, I will be doing my best to keep the run going and finish this great season on a high.  I will be posting my picks around 2pm on Friday if that is ok, as I won''t be able to get near a computer on Friday night.  Best of luck to everyone, and I promise to take all the picks into consideration.Let''s make it 3 in a row [:)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Thanks for the introduction Nutty, I will be doing my best to keep the run going and finish this great season on a high.  I will be posting my picks around 2pm on Friday if that is ok, as I won''t be able to get near a computer on Friday night.  Best of luck to everyone, and I promise to take all the picks into consideration.

Let''s make it 3 in a row [:)]
[/quote]

put us over the £900 mark this season [;)]

Chelsea to win for me this week.

Good luck NCFCSTAR and all PUPs.

Hope you all enjoy the party on Saturday, I know I will.

MC

Well i''ve tried all season to offer something different rather than follow the crowd and as it''s the last time for a while. I''m going for

Stockport County V Tranmere Rovers Away win 

Good luck with your picks NCFCSTAR

And I wish all the PUP''s a very good break [ip]and will see you all here again next season (hopefully)[O]

And before I go I''d like to say a great big thanks to Nutty and Billy for thier effortsand support in keeping this thread going in the memory of Ray - a guy who I never met, never spoke to, but somehow felt I''d lost a friend when he left us.[D]

Hertha Berlin  - v -  BAYERN MUNICH   AWAY WIN

Good Luck Star and all you Lovely PUPs[Y][:D]

Can''t believe it''s the last week[:''(] the only plus is that we have the World Cup to look forward to.

Thanks to NN and Billy for all they do to keep  this fantastic thread going and hope all PUPs have  a great day on Saturday(and next Thursday[<:o)])

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Well i''ve tried all season to offer something different rather than follow the crowd and as it''s the last time for a while. I''m going for

Stockport County V Tranmere Rovers Away win 

Good luck with your picks NCFCSTAR

And I wish all the PUP''s a very good break [ip]and will see you all here again next season (hopefully)[O]

And before I go I''d like to say a great big thanks to Nutty and Billy for thier effortsand support in keeping this thread going in the memory of Ray - a guy who I never met, never spoke to, but somehow felt I''d lost a friend when he left us.[D]

[/quote]

Aaahhh I see what you did there with the big ''Thanks'' - very clever that [;)]

Would also like to 2nd the point ''my dad''(YES BRENDO HE IS MY DAD) made about NN and Billy allowing this thread to continue.

Good luck Ncfc[*] My pick is going too be, Leeds versus Bristol Rovers - Home win [Y]Thanks for everything this season Nutty it has been an absolute joy to be involved with [:D]

Go for it NCFCStar and my pick is a home win for INTER MILAN v Chievo.

By the way Nutty i posted about something you said on the "Expectations " thread and you never responded....oh well i suppose there is a first for everything.

Good luck NCFC[*] and all you PUP''s for the last week of this season.

Thanks to Nutty and Billy Dixon, Nutty for all his hard work and Billy for his generosity.

Lastly a mention for Ray, without this wonderful man we would have no free bet and therefore no PUP''s. Having the free bet has brought together lots of us fans, to the extent that we now have some great get togthers. The number of people that take part has now reached fantastic levels, Ray would have loved this and I''m sure he''s looking down on us and smiling. I hope Nutty, you are able to pursuade Billy to part with more of his money next season - a bookie who wants you to win - and with HIS money. Just amazing !

So for the final time this season I''m going for...

Southampton v Southend - Home Win

PUP''s are City''s future ...(Norwich) -My pick is going too be, Leeds versus Bristol Rovers - Home win [Y]Thanks for everything this season Nutty it has been an absolute joy to be involved with [:D]

Bloody hope not. [:P]And I''ll second that Alec, [Y] thank you Nutty for putting so much effort into this wonderful event.

In a last ditch attempt to hang on to that vital 5th spot, I''m going for Roma to push Inter all the way and a home win against Cagliari.

Thanks for a great season Nutty, and everyone who''s taken part.

And good luck all for the last week!

[quote user="Brendo "]PUP''s are City''s future ...(Norwich) -

My pick is going too be, Leeds versus Bristol Rovers - Home win [Y]

Thanks for everything this season Nutty it has been an absolute joy to be involved with [:D]

Bloody hope not. [:P]

And I''ll second that Alec, [Y] thank you Nutty for putting so much effort into this wonderful event.
[/quote]

i hope not too - but leeds were going to do it [:@]

ill 3rd the comment from Pup''s...Norwich

I''ve had a terrible season for the Pups, but if it means that Norwich and the Pups have a good season, I''m more than happy to be our Jonah!

I''ll aim to recover a modicum of face by going for Chelsea to beat Wigan in a very obvious and unexciting pick. I was going for Norwich but I don''t want to be a jinx!

Chelsea v Wigan - Chelsea win

Good luck all and it was fun this season - thanks Nutty!

My nap this week is Arsenal to beat a Europa League final distracted Fulham at the Emirates. Can''t see Fulham putting out their best team and that should mean a home win.

Good Luck NCFCstar and all pickers lets continue the great run were on!

Finally thanks to Nutty and Billy for keeping this thread going and keeping it as popular as it is. I know Ray would be very proud of the total that we have so far achieved and the good that the money is doing for FONCY with players such as Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, Chris Martin and Decan Rudd all making several appearances for the first team since coming from the academy. Hopefully we can look forward to another good year next year.

I have been saying to people all week that Chelsea will win the title this weekend, there is no possible way they can lose to Wigan......

So Chelsea home win against Wigan