Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

ColWho hearing

Been away for the weekend (Queen''s Day in Amsterdam ;) ) and can''t find the Colchester hearing thread, or any news of it... has anything been decided?! When do we find out? (what happened to the thread, too?)

It does seem very odd that it needs to take so long? Is there a precedent that anyone knows of for such matters? I think the Grayson situation was sorted on the day in a secret deal of some sort?

Well at least we can rule out any meaningful points deduction for this season as the trophy will be presented on Saturday.

So as my Nan used to say..

Robbie Cowling can go and eat coke!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well at least we can rule out any meaningful points deduction for this season as the trophy will be presented on Saturday.

[/quote]
There''s still time for that to be cancelled Nutty!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
There''s still time for that to be cancelled Nutty![/quote]

My Nan always had a bunker full so there would be plenty enough for you Wiz[;)]

No way. It would mean we would be ''unpromoted'' and ''dechampionised.'' These words don''t even exist, I have had to make them up. That is how farcical a massive points deduction would be at this stage.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Now I''m getting nervous again............could we in fact land up in the playoffs?..............or worse.[:S]

[/quote]

Now come on mate, think positive.  Maybe they are thrashing out compensation that both can agree on.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Now I''m getting nervous again............could we in fact land up in the playoffs?..............or worse.[:S]

[/quote]

Now come on mate, think positive.  Maybe they are thrashing out compensation that both can agree on.

[/quote]Or maybe we don''t owe them anything as we didn''t do anything wrong?[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I agree ... i think we deserve at least 100k for the emotional hurt [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or maybe we don''t owe them anything as we didn''t do anything wrong?

[;)]
[/quote]

Oh how I would laugh if they got punished and NCFC walked away without having to pay anything, however unlikely that may be, still makes me chortle a little

I can''t believe that Bowkett & McNally would have let it go to a tribunal if they really thought the outcome would affect promotion.  Given their track record to date, there''s no reason not to trust their judgement afaic.

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree ... i think we deserve at least 100k for the emotional hurt [;)]
[/quote]

Emotional hurt for saying hed rather have empty seats than NC fans in them, how rejected we felt [:''(][:)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I can''t believe that Bowkett & McNally would have let it go to a tribunal if they really thought the outcome would affect promotion.  Given their track record to date, there''s no reason not to trust their judgement afaic.

[/quote]

Nor Delia and MWJ, I think if they''d have thought it so wrong then B & M wouldn''t have been allowed to proceed. 

They said it would take "days or possibly weeks" to make a decision.  We''re still waiting . . .

[/quote]

thats another way of the panel saying "we really dont give a sh*t and will deal with it eventually"

I hear the tribuneral can''t make there minds up on the fee we owe Colwho.Its split with half saying a Mars Bar and the other half lobbying for a half eaten twix.This one could go on raging for months people :-/

[/quote]Agree with that

It is just the very quiet voice that keeps popping up and saying "don''t forget this is the Football League that we are dealing with". Agree with the comment re McNasty though, can''t believe he wouldn''t have done a deal if he thought there was a major problem.

Hartlepool played an illegible player and their case comes up this week. I think I might be a bit more concerned if I were in their shoes.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Agree with that

[/quote]

Always a first time ! You''re described as infallible until you make a mistake. Seriously, I don''t know what all the fuss is about.

Compensation : Cowling allowed Norwich to "talk to Lambert" and within days after Lambert had joined Norwich he was declaring that he had appointed  a better manager than Lambert in Boothroyd. Remember, that was almost the start of the season. So, what case is there for compensation ?

Punsihment :  on the basis of reasonable probability, IMO the League will find us guilty of poaching Lambert. he resigned after speaking to Norwich but anybody with any sense will conclude that " deal was done". However, any court or tribunal always takes into account mitigatign circumstances and these are :-

a) Cowling allowed Norwich to approach Lambert - therefore, reasonable for the Tribunal to assume that Colchester were not opposed to Lambert leaving otherwise why allow Norwich to talk to a manager who is contracted to you ? Members of the Tribunal may have even wondered if Lambert leaving actually suited Cowling - they might have wondered if Cowling was already in contact with Boothroyd and saw an opportunity of appointing a "better" manager and being compensated - having your cake and eating it comes to mind !

b) what lasting damage was done  ? Minimal - they were in the play off zone until almost the end of the season.

So, a small fine and a slap on the wrists plus a token compnsationa award is my conclusion !

[quote user="Alf Tupper"]

a) Cowling allowed Norwich to approach Lambert - therefore, reasonable for the Tribunal to assume that Colchester were not opposed to Lambert leaving otherwise why allow Norwich to talk to a manager who is contracted to you ?

[/quote]

unless there was a clause in Lamberts contract that allowed him to talk to bigger clubs.

[/quote]

Come on Wiz there is no way in Hell that this is going to happen.  The playoffs start on Saturday, the fixtures are there and arranged and there is no way there will be disruption to this now or later.  If the tribunal deducted points then we would appeal it would drag on for months and potentially delay the release of new fixtures for the new season.

Not gonna happen!

Why don''t we play ball on this one and offer a 6 points deduction, but no fine. Accept the trophy on Saturday and party all the way to the Championshipwaving good bye to Mr Cowling and his friends down the road.

Then go back in the summer and pinch any players that we want!

[D]

[/quote]

Behave

i think the maximum penalty is 10 points deduction (very unlikely  ) with that in mind that will put us still 2 points ahead of second place and a win at home on saturday will mean we can celebrate winning the title all over again (more beer)lol

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I hear the tribuneral can''t make there minds up on the fee we owe Colwho.

Its split with half saying a Mars Bar and the other half lobbying for a half eaten twix.

This one could go on raging for months people :-/
[/quote]

Will it be a case of which one goes mouldy first, or will that go under tribunal too?!