Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

Elliott Ward

Hate to be starting another of these ''potential signing'' threads but I reckon that Elliott Ward could actually make a decent signing over some others mentioned. Ward was on loan at Peterborough and I''ve just seen that they''ve sent him back to Coventry saying they aren''t interested in him. This suggests that Coventry must be willing to sell him, but for how much? and would you take him? I remember only a couple of years ago he was being linked with some big money moves, he''s lost it a bit since but I still think he''s wuite a decent player and if Preston were in contention to afford him surely we could be?? Or is this all just wishful thinking [8-)]

[quote]Ward was on loan at Peterborough and I''ve just seen that they''ve sent him back to Coventry saying they aren''t interested in him[/quote]

If relegated Peterborough don''t want him, why would we ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Ward was on loan at Peterborough and I''ve just seen that they''ve sent him back to Coventry saying they aren''t interested in him[/quote]

[/quote]

oops sorry I mean''t to say preston! [:$]

Very good player from what I remember of him at West Ham and his early Coventry days, don''t know whats happened to him over the past 18months but he''s still young and obviously won''t have lost any ability.

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

oops sorry I mean''t to say preston! [:$]

[/quote]Unfortunately that single mistake is more than probably going to have 9 out of every 10 City fans leave this thread without a second thought.

Unfortunately that single mistake is more than probably going to have 9 out of every 10 City fans leave this thread without a second thought.

What ''cause of the ''Peterborough'' bit or just because of my lack of general competence? [:S]

Elliott Ward is class! Would love to see him here.

Very surprised that Preston haven''t taken him on. Mind you, they have just released Sedgwick, Carter, Chaplow & that Macedonian binner - All very decent Championship players so God knows what mini Fergie is up to there

[quote user="Guy"]Elliott Ward is class! Would love to see him here.

Very surprised that Preston haven''t taken him on. Mind you, they have just released Sedgwick, Carter, Chaplow & that Macedonian binner - All very decent Championship players so God knows what mini Fergie is up to there[/quote]They''re all average Championship players, guessing he''s fed up finishing in the bottom half.

Yeah, I''ve always been a fan of Sedgwick ever since his Rotherham days. He''s just a good proper winger who loves to get chalk on his boots and chips in with a few goals every so often.

Darren Carter is also a very good player. He''s always played well against us anyway!

[quote user="Guy"]Yeah, I''ve always been a fan of Sedgwick ever since his Rotherham days. He''s just a good proper winger who loves to get chalk on his boots and chips in with a few goals every so often. Darren Carter is also a very good player. He''s always played well against us anyway![/quote]

If we want experience then he knows the championship pretty well for a 26 year old!

Canary on the Trent - Think it''s a little harsh to say they''re all average. Chaplow & Carter were both big parts of getting West Brom promoted (can''t say what year exactly but it''s one of their many promotions within the last 5 years)

[quote user="Guy"]Canary on the Trent - Think it''s a little harsh to say they''re all average. Chaplow & Carter were both big parts of getting West Brom promoted (can''t say what year exactly but it''s one of their many promotions within the last 5 years)[/quote]Darren Carter never won promotion with WBA, he started 11 games when they were relegated from the Premiership in 2006 and 19 the following season when they failed to go back up, they went up the following season after he''d left, he''s started 20 games in 2 seasons for mid-table Preston, coming off the bench 23 times.Richard Chaplow started 26 games in 3 years at WBA before moving onto Preston. Showed a little promise at Burnley as a youngster in a poor side and has since proven an average player at Championship level. They wouldn''t be bad players as "cover" but for me we need to be looking to push on and improving on what we already have, i''m not sure they are much of an improvement.

[quote user="Guy"]Sorry Canary on the Trent, forgot to check Wikipedia for the exact stats, thanks for doing it for me..

Darren Carter did get promoted with Brum tho.[/quote]Not a problem, Carter was a local youngster coming up through the system at Brum when they went up,  but once up he only started another 16 games in 3 seasons before moving on, but for 1 season at PNE in 2008 he''s never held down a regular first team place anywhere, only making 117 league starts since making his senior debut over 9 seasons ago, on average 13 starts a season.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Guy"]Sorry Canary on the Trent, forgot to check Wikipedia for the exact stats, thanks for doing it for me..

Darren Carter did get promoted with Brum tho.[/quote]Not a problem, Carter was a local youngster coming up through the system at Brum when they went up,  but once up he only started another 16 games in 3 seasons before moving on, but for 1 season at PNE in 2008 he''s never held down a regular first team place anywhere, only making 117 league starts since making his senior debut over 9 seasons ago, on average 13 starts a season.[/quote]That''s still more starts than Michael Owen averages, and I wouldn''t mind having him at Norwich!

In all seriousness tho, I''ve always been impressed when I''ve seen Carter play against us and imo he would be a very welcome addition at Carra Rd

Elliot Ward should be our penalty taker if he joined!!!

He''s all about scoring pens!

would,''t mind ward or carter , both been good before preston , carter scored the penalty that won the playoff final for brum against us too

[quote user="Guy"]Elliott Ward is class! Would love to see him here. Very surprised that Preston haven''t taken him on. Mind you, they have just released Sedgwick, Carter, Chaplow & that Macedonian binner - All very decent Championship players so God knows what mini Fergie is up to there[/quote]

Getting ready to ship in Man Yoo reserves/youth team probably.

What other predictions are you going to make then? Before you get too cocky [;)]
Haha... Ade Akinbiyi? I just like getting something right for a change! [:D]

Congratulations on spelling his name correctly, no-one else has. [:P]

dont want carter!!!!!! he scored the winning pen against us at cardiff!!!!!!! my mates love 2 remind me!!!!!

[quote user="freddyf105"]What other predictions are you going to make then? Before you get too cocky [;)]
Haha... Ade Akinbiyi? I just like getting something right for a change! [:D][/quote]

...apart from the bit about being able to afford him. How much did he cost us?