Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Totally Pathetic!

Unfortunately the way they will catch all the people is down to the (good or unfortunate depending how you look at it) fact that there are very few times at the football that you are not on CCTV.

The police will take the footage that they filmed and try to match the pictures to footage taken over the season while people are sat in their seats.

Any matching faces will then be picked out from their seat numbers and they''ll know who the seat belongs to or who the seat was sold to at the ticket office.

Yay for technology hey?

Over the top and completely unnecessary. They had their moment, we all waited, and the players had theirs.

I''d have loved it if the whole crowd got on the pitch and celebrated with their "fellow man" but that was never going to happen now was it?

Let''s move on and look forward to watching the lads lift the trophy and a hopefully exciting season next season.

[quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Henry"]Can''t believe the attitude of some of our fans on here. Maybe that comment from that Leeds fan about us being a sanitised football club were spot on [:|][/quote]Spot on fella! Reading some of the comments on here,and on the original pitch invasion thread,makes me realise that  I have more contempt for some of City''s support than for fans of certain other clubs![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. The majority of our fans are an embarrasment. No wonder we are ridiculed (and deservedly so) by most supporters nationwide. But then most canary fans just don''t ''get it.'' As far back as i can remember the atmosphere at carrow road has been and always will be a timid, watered down version of a real matchday experience.

Absolutely right that they should be banned. We all know what happens to people that run on the pitch from the Colchester game. It would be hypocritical to the so-called "Colchester Two" if, after they were banned, we allowed others to get away with it in the heat of the moment.

Let''s put it another way. You''re driving. The car next to you is doing exactly the same speed. The police pull over you, but not the car next to it.

It''s not fair.

So what if I didn''t think the Colchester 2 should have been banned?

I actually think that they had even less reason to be banned than the fans that tried a pitch invasion. Theirs truly was the heat of the moment and through the intensity of their passion for this club. There''s no way they pre-meditated that if we were to be losing by that heavy a margin on the first day of the season they would run on and throw their ST''s at Gunn.

They had a minute (if that) to go "S*d this!"

[quote user="CallsignViper"]So what if I didn''t think the Colchester 2 should have been banned? I actually think that they had even less reason to be banned than the fans that tried a pitch invasion. Theirs truly was the heat of the moment and through the intensity of their passion for this club. There''s no way they pre-meditated that if we were to be losing by that heavy a margin on the first day of the season they would run on and throw their ST''s at Gunn. They had a minute (if that) to go "S*d this!"[/quote]

That''s exactly it, but this attempted pitch invasion was premeditated, for days on here there were some saying they were going to invade the pitch.

However those who ran on the pitch knew the consequences, wel all do, the ST throwing 2 and those last weekend.

Maybe it might have been nice for the club on that day to have allowed fans on the pitch, the fans won''t get a chance to do the same when the trophy is presented.  But I don''t run NCFC or make the rules.

I''ve done my fair share of pitch invasions before I had a ST and when I was younger and can understand how ''''in the heat of the moment'''' you get carried away, but this small invasion was premeditated.

[quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"][quote user="Henry"]Can''t believe the attitude of some of our fans on here. Maybe that comment from that Leeds fan about us being a sanitised football club were spot on [:|][/quote]Spot on fella! Reading some of the comments on here,and on the original pitch invasion thread,makes me realise that  I have more contempt for some of City''s support than for fans of certain other clubs![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. The majority of our fans are an embarrasment. No wonder we are ridiculed (and deservedly so) by most supporters nationwide. But then most canary fans just don''t ''get it.'' As far back as i can remember the atmosphere at carrow road has been and always will be a timid, watered down version of a real matchday experience.[/quote]The majority of our Fans are an embarrassment? How would you like them to be?

Would you class me as an embarrassment? I''m 47, have a season ticket in the Snake Pit, sing and shout for the majority of the match, I had season tickets in the Barclay going back to the early 80'', I''ve invaded the pitch at Carrow Road on a couple of occasions,  I''ve seen Norwich play in 72 different grounds in this Country, I always wear my Norwich shirt to games (except for ColU away this season when I was in the Home end), I don''t find people wearing coloured wigs embarrassing, I think that if people who pay the money for their tickets want to sit and be happy clappers that''s up to them, it''s still money in the Clubs coffers, I found the idea of an organised pitch invasion embarrassing because they should be spontaneous otherwise people stand around waiting for someone else to start it (as happened Saturday), I think the invasion should have happened at Charlton when we gained promotion not a week later, I think that "Fans" who find the majority of Norwich Fans embarrassing should go and support a Club who''s Fans aren''t embarrassing.

Just for the record I didn''t go on the pitch Saturday, haven''t criticised those who have and don''t think they should be banned.

The biggest crimes in today''s Britain:-

(1) Park on a double yellow line.

(2) travel at 31 mph in a 30 mph area.

(3) Leave the wrong coloured bin out on collection day.

(4) Be one day late with your Council Tax.

(5) Call a gay a poof or a dyke..

(6)  Refer to our European Community friends as scrounging aylum seekers.

(7) Celebrate Christmas.

(8) Call the Koran a load of medieval tosh.

(9) Fail to call a postman a post person.

(10) Attempt to obstruct anybody robbing your house or molesting your wife or daughter.

(11) Sip a beer on a train or a long distance coach journey.

(12) Buy alcohol in Tesco''s without carrying your passport as proof of age.

(13) Smoke

(14) Take yours and your neighbour''s kids to the park without police permission.

(15) Stand waiting outside a school gate for longer than three minutes, even though they know you are a parent.

(16) Climb a ladder without at least three people holding it.

(15) Cut down a tree that is old overgrown and obstructing your light.

(16) Leave the stand-by on your T.V. permanently on.

(17) Fail to use energy efficient light bulbs.

(18) Eat junk food  more than once a week,

(19) Trouble your doctor. He is a busy man. At least telephone one week before for an appointment, but only in emergencies.

(20) Fail to fill in your Census form, return your Tax Form or put your newly acquired road tax disc in its'' little folder straight away. I got done for that, as it was still in my wallet.  

I give up now, but there''s a long way to go before we come to running on a football pitch, as serious as it is

Signed, 

Reactionary Roy (who is half a dozen strong lagers to the good, but not a Daily Mail reader.)

P.S. I am going to take the dog for a walk before retiring. If I get taken short, should I risk taking a piss in the nearest hedge? 

This comes back to the same question - why do people feel the need to run on to the pitch? It''s nothing to do with celebrating the title or a spontaneous outpouring of joy (like at Crewe in the prem promotion season); it''s about a few sad, attention-seeking individuals who want to be the centre of attention for 30 seconds.  

[quote user="CallsignViper"]Unfortunately the way they will catch all the people is down to the (good or unfortunate depending how you look at it) fact that there are very few times at the football that you are not on CCTV.

The police will take the footage that they filmed and try to match the pictures to footage taken over the season while people are sat in their seats.

Any matching faces will then be picked out from their seat numbers and they''ll know who the seat belongs to or who the seat was sold to at the ticket office.

Yay for technology hey?

Over the top and completely unnecessary. They had their moment, we all waited, and the players had theirs.

I''d have loved it if the whole crowd got on the pitch and celebrated with their "fellow man" but that was never going to happen now was it?

Let''s move on and look forward to watching the lads lift the trophy and a hopefully exciting season next season.[/quote]IMO you''re into the realms of fantasy.  The police have far more pressing things to do than waste time on this BS.  Nothing is going to happen.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]This comes back to the same question - why do people feel the need to run on to the pitch? It''s nothing to do with celebrating the title or a spontaneous outpouring of joy (like at Crewe in the prem promotion season); it''s about a few sad, attention-seeking individuals who want to be the centre of attention for 30 seconds.  [/quote]

Where was it you got your degree in human psychology?

A third class degree in twatology? Some people need to get a grip. It''s happened it''s going to be forgotten about eventually.  I suspect the idiots who take the moral high ground and spout smug comments about breaking football laws are just hypocrites.  I''m far from religious, but the saying about those with no sin cast the first stone is very appropriate on this occasion.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

Bloody pathetic as were all the fans booing them

[/quote]

Quite agree and if the club do take action against them I will be more than a little disappointed.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mike Grant"]

Bloody pathetic as were all the fans booing them

[/quote]

Quite agree and if the club do take action against them I will be more than a little disappointed.

[/quote]

Why were you one of them CA? hahaha [;)][:P]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]This comes back to the same question - why do people feel the need to run on to the pitch? It''s nothing to do with celebrating the title or a spontaneous outpouring of joy (like at Crewe in the prem promotion season); it''s about a few sad, attention-seeking individuals who want to be the centre of attention for 30 seconds.  [/quote]

[/quote]

In a job that deals with inadequates like these. As you obviously know all about these things, have you got a better reason for it?

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

In a job that deals with inadequates like these. As you obviously know all about these things, have you got a better reason for it?

[/quote]Are you the Pope?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]A third class degree in twatology? Some people need to get a grip. It''s happened it''s going to be forgotten about eventually.  I suspect the idiots who take the moral high ground and spout smug comments about breaking football laws are just hypocrites.  I''m far from religious, but the saying about those with no sin cast the first stone is very appropriate on this occasion.[/quote]

Absolute b******s. Only people who can''t argue for toss resort to quoting biblical lessons. And I, for one, won''t stand for any small, idiotic, narrow minded idiot insinuating I''ve done wrong and that should be why I should tolerate others breaking the law.

Ban the lot of them, good riddance.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mike Grant"]

5 years? Rubbish, as football banning order are 3 years max.

They were told? Those bloody women in the past asking for a vote eh... should have done what they were told eh?

Celebrating on the pitch IS part of football tradition and a cook & her hencemen just don''t understand

[/quote]

Can actually be more

CPS: Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences

[/quote]Ahh yes, but do they actually work in practice anyhow WAY?In a ground like ours where 80% plus of the ground is filled with Season Ticket Holders then yes maybe, but how many times have I entered the ground without NCFC officials knowing anything about it this season alone (not that I have a banning order I might add).[/quote]

The point is mate and the point I was making is that fans ''could'' get a longer ban if the courts say so, so to say that there is an upper limit (as someone else stated) is not quite true.

I wouldn''t ask for those who were just harmlessly on the pitch to be banned, if it is indeed true that one fan attacked a female steward/police woman (different rumours heard), then IMHO they deserve to be punished.

I would think if those fans can be identified as ST holders then there is a threat that they may lose them, if that''s right or not is not for me or anyone else to judge or decide.

[/quote]I would agree that if somebody attacked somebody then they deserve to be punished, but if that is the case then surely that is for the individual to press charges?I saw little evidence of this happening on the day or from the video footage supplied by Morty further up this thread however.

A lot, but none of them delve into  a "deep" psychological need to be noticed.

How about uncontrolled exhuberance?

How about following the crowd?

How about a lack of discipline in the home?

How about wanting to show approval in the only way at their disposal?

How about feeling enough at home at their club''s ground to consider the hallowed turf part of their territory at such moments?

etc.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How about feeling enough at home at their club''s ground to consider the hallowed turf part of their territory at such moments?

etc.

[/quote]

How about them being a bunch of tw**s?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you the Pope?
[/quote]

Oh no - busted at last.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]This comes back to the same question - why do people feel the need to run on to the pitch? It''s nothing to do with celebrating the title or a spontaneous outpouring of joy (like at Crewe in the prem promotion season); it''s about a few sad, attention-seeking individuals who want to be the centre of attention for 30 seconds.  [/quote]Considering we won promotion without playing in 2004 and won the title the night we lost 1-0 at Sunderland and they paraded a cardboard cut out trophy, I think that you are talking out of your backside about what happened at Crewe the last game of that season?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mike Grant"]

5 years? Rubbish, as football banning order are 3 years max.

They were told? Those bloody women in the past asking for a vote eh... should have done what they were told eh?

Celebrating on the pitch IS part of football tradition and a cook & her hencemen just don''t understand

[/quote]

Can actually be more

CPS: Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences

[/quote]Ahh yes, but do they actually work in practice anyhow WAY?In a ground like ours where 80% plus of the ground is filled with Season Ticket Holders then yes maybe, but how many times have I entered the ground without NCFC officials knowing anything about it this season alone (not that I have a banning order I might add).[/quote]

The point is mate and the point I was making is that fans ''could'' get a longer ban if the courts say so, so to say that there is an upper limit (as someone else stated) is not quite true.

I wouldn''t ask for those who were just harmlessly on the pitch to be banned, if it is indeed true that one fan attacked a female steward/police woman (different rumours heard), then IMHO they deserve to be punished.

I would think if those fans can be identified as ST holders then there is a threat that they may lose them, if that''s right or not is not for me or anyone else to judge or decide.

[/quote]I would agree that if somebody attacked somebody then they deserve to be punished, but if that is the case then surely that is for the individual to press charges?I saw little evidence of this happening on the day or from the video footage supplied by Morty further up this thread however.[/quote]This did happen, I saw it with my own eyes, it was a blonde female steward and it looked to me like she was punched/slapped.

Only NCFC could give out banning orders over this. Its just embarrasing really and living up to all the sterotypes about us from other clubs. Litttle old Norwich, nice Family club, please don''t go on the pitch. What other club would give out a five year ban for a similar incident to what we saw on Saturday? Lol, laughable really.

This just looks like an excuse for people to have a moan about the club when there has been little else this season to express their undying dislike of the board. Do we actually know if this is fact? Are some of us jumping the gun in our judgement?  However, if banning orders are to be issued I would hope it’s not a blanket ban for all of those who “invaded” but a measured view is taken. Assaults should be dealt with firmly but for those who made it to the pitch maybe a warning letter would be appropriate.

There were warnings and I can’t see the spillage onto the pitch as being spontaneous. Some had spoken of an invasion some time before the match. It was a satisfying win and a time for celebration but hardly a relief after an exciting game. If it had been a last minute winner clinching promotion I could understand the utter excitement which could overwhelm a good number of people who would want to rush the players maybe.

It was just a none event and was unnecessary. No need to hit a steward who is only doing his/her job. “Excitement” is no excuse to hit out. Just to balance things, I think some stewards may have been a little heavy handed. The guy who ran out to the team on the lap of honour from the Jarrold was, IMO, pushed more than needed to get him off the pitch. He was on his way back to the stand but still got a push and shove from a couple of stewards when just being ushered would have been enough.

Lets not pre judge.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

etc.

[/quote]

How about them being a bunch of tw**s?

[/quote]

We knew that already.

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]A third class degree in twatology? Some people need to get a grip. It''s happened it''s going to be forgotten about eventually.  I suspect the idiots who take the moral high ground and spout smug comments about breaking football laws are just hypocrites.  I''m far from religious, but the saying about those with no sin cast the first stone is very appropriate on this occasion.[/quote]

Absolute b******s. Only people who can''t argue for toss resort to quoting biblical lessons. And I, for one, won''t stand for any small, idiotic, narrow minded idiot insinuating I''ve done wrong and that should be why I should tolerate others breaking the law.

Ban the lot of them, good riddance.[/quote]Jolly Good