Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Totally Pathetic!

I sit in the upper barclay and was disgusted by fans booing and chanting off off off. Whats wrong with youngsters these days? The''ve got no sense of rebellion.

All those saying "Fans were clearly told not to go onto the pitch" just dont get it. In the words of Rage Against the Machine "fu ck you i wont do as you tell me"

[quote user="keyser Soze"]I sit in the upper barclay and was disgusted by fans booing and chanting off off off. Whats wrong with youngsters these days? The''ve got no sense of rebellion. All those saying "Fans were clearly told not to go onto the pitch" just dont get it. In the words of Rage Against the Machine "fu ck you i wont do as you tell me"[/quote]

Are you for real? [^o)]

[quote user="keyser Soze"]I sit in the upper barclay and was disgusted by fans booing and chanting off off off. Whats wrong with youngsters these days? The''ve got no sense of rebellion.

All those saying "Fans were clearly told not to go onto the pitch" just dont get it. In the words of Rage Against the Machine "fu ck you i wont do as you tell me"[/quote]Oh dear...... [8-)]

I saw a clip on TV the other day, of Dion Dublin in his Villa days,head-butting Robbie Savage. Surely the ''they must be punished'' brigade would agree that he should have been charged with assault?What about Delia Smith and her drunken clarion call? Not only came onto the pitch but was clearly under the influence of alcohol in a football stadium.Both arrestable offences apparently.There were City fans in the away section last week,and in home areas at Bristol Rovers today. They are breaking ground regulations and would have done so in a ''premeditated'' manner.They would be far more likely to cause crowd disorder (the reason that running on the pitch is a ''crimimal ''offence) than anyone celebrating the title or whatever,on said pitch.Come on all you whiter than whites, where''s your consistency?P.S hundreds of Grimsby fans on the pitch as I was typing this!

I THINK THOSE MOANING ON HERE ABOUT THE SNAKEPIT GOING ON THE PITCH, DEEP DEEP DOWN, WISH THEY HAD THE BALLS TO DO THE SAME, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE LIVED SUCH A SHELTERED LIFE, THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO MOAN ABOUT!! GET A LIFE HAVE SOME BALLS, HAPPY CLAPPERS

I think it''s a pity that the club warned people not to go on the pitch in the first place. They obviously knew people would want to invade the pitch as is the tradition on the very rare occasions when we win things, so why didn''t they just allow people on the pitch and do a lap of honour with the fans? It would''ve been a great and happy occasion instead of this pathetic bitching about banning OUR fans and slagging each other off. Very sad that so many people were SO offended by such a minor ''offence''

Great pitch invasion at Grimsby , see some clubs can do it without their fans telling them to get off.

Seven pages of posters getting hot under the collar for a rumour that the OP has now decided to distance himself from [:^)]

[quote user="zemas tendon"][quote user="Champions"]

Those that ran on the pitch knew the consequences - They did continually warn us over that oudated tannoy system!

Do the crime do the time - Pricks everyone of them!

[/quote]

Cant believe some fans on here are would be happy for the Snakepit to be banned from games, if this was to happen the ground would be like a morgue, because lets face it Jarrold, N+P, City Stand are full of happy clappers!! No noise what so ever!! And as for the champions calling them "pricks"!! I would love to see him say it to there faces.......... Now that would be a banning offence

[/quote]

Nothing to do with the invasion but I''d be happy for the snakepit to be banned from games. If they were real fans like they pretend to be they would climb over the hoardings every game climb into the Barclay and insist on standing all game and fight the police that try to stop them. I only recognise this stand, knock the others down and extend the Barclay I say. The others stands are for theatre goers, the snakepit is for the "ooh I can be a little bit feisty sometimes (like if the paperboy is late), would like to sing a little bit, but only we''re the snakepit over here".  [;)]

Great pitch invasion at Hillsborough by the Palace fans

[quote user="cityangel"]Great pitch invasion at Hillsborough by the Palace fans[/quote]

Not quite so great by the Sheff Wed fans though....

[quote user="cityangel"]Great pitch invasion at Hillsborough by the Palace fans[/quote]

Apparently a couple of players were attacked, hope thats not right

I think the simple answer is that there''s times when pitch invasions are fine and times when they aren''t - today at Hillsborough was obviously one of those that definitely wasn''t going to go down at all well and anyone who says differently is a fool.

I actually can understand a pitch invasion at Hillsborough due to the great relief felt at staying up. That don’t mean I condone it if it turns into a battle with the opposing fans, police, officials or anyone else. Our spill onto the pitch was a bit crudely planned, un-spontaneous but in good spirit, I would hope. I’m sure most who ran onto the pitch at our match had no ill intensions and just wanted something to laugh about with their mates, and tell their grandchildren of the great pitch invasion of 2010.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

Let''s hope that''s not true

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

Hope thats not right, didn''t see anything in the celebrations on tv and no mention of it afterwards.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

Hope thats not right, didn''t see anything in the celebrations on tv and no mention of it afterwards.

[/quote]It was on the BBC website.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It was on the BBC website.[/quote]According to our man Paul Fletcher, it''s all getting rather ugly at Hillsborough as some Wednesday

fans storm the pitch and try to get into the tunnel, while one supporter aims a

punch at Johannes Ertl. Not good.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was on the BBC website.
[/quote]

According to our man Paul Fletcher, it''s all getting rather ugly at Hillsborough as some Wednesday fans storm the pitch and try to get into the tunnel, while one supporter aims a punch at Johannes Ertl. Not good.
[/quote]

And some people think pitch invasions are always good, sadly that''s not the case, and this is evidence maybe why clubs don''t allow it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It was on the BBC website.[/quote]According to our man Paul Fletcher, it''s all getting rather ugly at Hillsborough as some Wednesday fans storm the pitch and try to get into the tunnel, while one supporter aims a punch at Johannes Ertl. Not good.[/quote]

And some people think pitch invasions are always good, sadly that''s not the case, and this is evidence maybe why clubs don''t allow it.

[/quote]Eggzackly.[Y]

[quote user="Row Q"]

I actually can understand a pitch invasion at Hillsborough due to the great relief felt at staying up. That don’t mean I condone it if it turns into a battle with the opposing fans, police, officials or anyone else.[/quote]

It was obvious that if Palace fans went on the pitch it would kick off, they had just relegated Sheff Wed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

According to our man Paul Fletcher, it''s all getting rather ugly at Hillsborough as some Wednesday fans storm the pitch and try to get into the tunnel, while one supporter aims a punch at Johannes Ertl. Not good.
[/quote]

Just read something about it on another footy forum, says there was loads of trouble outside after the game, guess with 6000 Palace fans being there and them winning it was going to be a recipe for disaster afterwards. Also confirms what you said that a Sheffield Wed fan had tried to punch at a Palace player but says riot police stepped in to keep them all apart.

Guess pitch invasions dont work when the home team is relegated and its the away team doing the invading. You would have thought with 6000 Palace fans being there the police would have kept them in their block.

BLACKPOOL FANS RAN ON THE PITCH...IDIOTS, THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER, I MEAN SHOULD''NT THEY JUST SIT THERE WITH THEIR DRUMS, IN THERE HALF BUILT GROUND, AND JUST SUCK ON THERE ROCK, BEING GRATEFUL THAT HOLLOWAY HAS JUST GUIDED THEM TO THE PLAYOFFS, NOT LIKE THEY HAVE WON ANY TROPHY, NOT LIKE US BACKWARD NORFOLK BOYS, I JUST SAT THERE WITH A CARROT AND PIECE OF STRAW!!!

Yeah what a great move at an away ground in front of 30 odd thousand home fans who are distraught that you have just relegated them.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It was on the BBC website.[/quote]According to our man Paul Fletcher, it''s all getting rather ugly at Hillsborough as some Wednesday fans storm the pitch and try to get into the tunnel, while one supporter aims a punch at Johannes Ertl. Not good.[/quote]

Just read something about it on another footy forum, says there was loads of trouble outside after the game, guess with 6000 Palace fans being there and them winning it was going to be a recipe for disaster afterwards. Also confirms what you said that a Sheffield Wed fan had tried to punch at a Palace player but says riot police stepped in to keep them all apart.

Guess pitch invasions dont work when the home team is relegated and its the away team doing the invading. You would have thought with 6000 Palace fans being there the police would have kept them in their block.

[/quote]As long as fans outnumber police then there will always only ever be one outcome though. The only time this isn''t the case is if the police up the ante. I went to a game in Italy once where the police had machine guns and dogs, there was no pitch invasion that day.There can be problems regardless of the situation, some drunken idiot maybe with a personal grudge against a certain player, maybe even who has smuggled a knife into the ground.Without wanting to be a killjoy, this is exactly the reason they would rather keep the fans in their seats.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good to see a total contradiction with your original post Angel.A nice easy job it must be as well containing a mere 6000 people who obviously would resent such action with a few thousand home fans with their angry heads on dancing around the pitch behind you.Simples as some would say.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yeah what a great move at an away ground in front of 30 odd thousand home fans who are distraught that you have just relegated them.

[/quote]It was said tongue in cheek Tilly, think every pitch invasion has been mentioned since ours so thought I''d mention that one.

Agree it wasn''t a great idea for the away fans to do that but still think we wouldn''t have had any trouble if we''d had one at Carrow Road against Gillingham.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]It was said tongue in cheek Tilly, think every pitch invasion has been mentioned since ours so thought I''d mention that one.

Agree it wasn''t a great idea for the away fans to do that but still think we wouldn''t have had any trouble if we''d had one at Carrow Road against Gillingham.

[/quote]

Sorry my little Angel,i did not realise the forum Police carried out their duties with humour.