Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Totally Pathetic!

I have heard a very strong, well its not a rumour but more of an action that NCFC and the police will be taking against those who invaded the pitch after the Gillingham game.Every person has been identified through the plods videoing the events and those that turn up for the Carlisle match will be taken from there seats and facing a banning order.So if you were one of those, as hard as it may be, i''d prob stay away! Pathetic if you ask me. Yes rules are rules but FFS, what harm was done? The lap of honour still went ahead!

Aren''t you the guy thats normally good with the rumours?I hope this isn''t the case, I don''t agree with what they did but a banning order is a tad excessive.

Total overkill if true, they didn''t hurt anybody did they?

Whatever people think about the people who invaded the pitch, it''s fair to say that they are part of a group of fans that contribute to the atmosphere at games. Will the club not be happy until the attendance at Carrow Road is full of families with horns and wigs?

There are less and less groups of lads at the football who, whether you like it or not, turn up after a few beers and get behind the side. Banning everyone who went on the opitch will further dilute the atmosphere.

Another case of the club putting distance between themselves and the fans, its the end of season ffs celebration time, i am sure running on the pitch to celebrate will mess the pitch up for August.

IF it''s true this will **** a lot of people off, we''ll become the laughing stock of the football league once again, I don''t think our board would sink to such low levels but I hope to god your wrong.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]IF it''s true this will **** a lot of people off, we''ll become the laughing stock of the football league once again, I don''t think our board would sink to such low levels but I hope to god your wrong.[/quote]

Almost as pathetic as the so called pitch invasion hahaha

[quote user="E Block Loyal"]

Whatever people think about the people who invaded the pitch, it''s fair to say that they are part of a group of fans that contribute to the atmosphere at games. Will the club not be happy until the attendance at Carrow Road is full of families with horns and wigs?

There are less and less groups of lads at the football who, whether you like it or not, turn up after a few beers and get behind the side. Banning everyone who went on the opitch will further dilute the atmosphere.

[/quote]

I can only think that those supporters who are in favour of banning the fans who briefly went on the pitch last week are also in favour of a silent carrow road full of old people and kids in wigs and jester hats. [:(]

It is true that no harm was done except to the dignity of a few people forever immortalised om YouTube as running round aimlessly and looking like braindead morons.  But I guess they have no dignity to harm in the first place.

BUT, very clear warnings wee given repeatedly not to invade the pitch.   Everyone who went on the pitch knew that they were acting against the Club''s instuctions and that they were committing a criminal offence.   They went onto the pitch knowing that there could be consequences.

So, no one can complain if there are consequences.   They knew the risk they were taking and chose to go on the pitch.  Tough.

Choices have consequences.  You make a choice and you live with what happens as a result.  That is how things are in the grown up world.

If you can''t do the time don''t do the crime.

maybe people were a bit niave in running on but no real harm done,especially with another home game to come.Wonder if the fans of Newcastle,Bournmouth etc are looking at banning orders ?

I hope that this in not the case, how are they going to do this , as I sit in the upper Barclay I saw dozens of people come up into the stand below ( next to teh snakepit, and gather on teh steps , obviously from other parts of the barclay or may have just walked in the gorund as the gates would have been open !

Are they going to have a most wanted list of photos posted at each turnstyle ???

And what after the trophey has been presented and the players have walked round the pitch dispapeared down the tunnel , then a few thousand invade then ! are they goind to indentify every single one and ban them all .....

Cant see any of this happening really ,

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Invading the pitch is stupid and moronic but banning orders is way too far. The club could certainly handle it a lot better.
[/quote]

Of course they could, it''s a crazy step to jump to (if they do, of course). There are pitch invasions up and down the land every year at the end of the season, should they all be banned?

I really cannot understand how any supporter can consider a ban to be a just punishment. It was over in the blink of an eye and made no difference whatsoever to the lap of honour.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

It is true that no harm was done except to the dignity of a few people forever immortalised om YouTube as running round aimlessly and looking like braindead morons.  But I guess they have no dignity to harm in the first place.

BUT, very clear warnings wee given repeatedly not to invade the pitch.   Everyone who went on the pitch knew that they were acting against the Club''s instuctions and that they were committing a criminal offence.   They went onto the pitch knowing that there could be consequences.

So, no one can complain if there are consequences.   They knew the risk they were taking and chose to go on the pitch.  Tough.

Choices have consequences.  You make a choice and you live with what happens as a result.  That is how things are in the grown up world.

[/quote]Never was a truer word spoken. [Y]Yes, you can harp on all day about ''the end of season high'', ''over-excitedness'', ''joy of promotion'', ''what Rochdale did'', etc etc......... But those are cold hard facts. The club said don''t do it, and yet hey still did.

It''s obviously crap. The videoing was done as a precaution in case trouble broke out.  Plus if they have identified everybody they would''ve contacted them and punished them in writing after being sure of the identities of each of the fans.They won''t and can''t wait for them to turn up and then accuse them and throw them out.  What the police and stewards going to have a clipboard with still pictures of the fans so they know who they are?

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]Never was a truer word spoken. [Y]Yes, you can harp on all day about ''the end of season high'', ''over-excitedness'', ''joy of promotion'', ''what Rochdale did'', etc etc......... But those are cold hard facts. The club said don''t do it, and yet hey still did.[/quote]haha watch out boys (and girls) the Club Gestapo are after you! [:D]Get in the real world people... there are unlikely to be any banning orders and even if there are we all know that banning orders do not work.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]

I can only think that those supporters who are in favour of banning the fans who briefly went on the pitch last week are also in favour of a silent carrow road full of old people and kids in wigs and jester hats. [:(]

[/quote]Its got nothing to do with being in favour of anything. Before the game and during the game, supporters were repeatedly told that no-one should go on the pitch. We all knew that. We also all know that it is a criminal offence to go on the pitch, so what exactly are the police supposed to do? I think it will be a great shame if they are all banned - we should of course keep such things in proportion, but rumours of stewards, including women, being hit in the face and vicious language don''t reflect too well on these supposedly fanatic City fans who succumbed to a little passion and high jinks.

They can''t really complain if they are banned - they should have done what they were told, like the other 25,000 of us.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I can only think that those supporters who are in favour of banning the fans who briefly went on the pitch last week are also in favour of a silent carrow road full of old people and kids in wigs and jester hats. [:(][/quote]So who on here has been in favour of banning anybody and how does it follow that they ''favour'' people wearing wigs and jester hats?  And why is that relevant?

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Its got nothing to do with being in favour of anything. Before the game and during the game, supporters were repeatedly told that no-one should go on the pitch. We all knew that. We also all know that it is a criminal offence to go on the pitch, so what exactly are the police supposed to do? I think it will be a great shame if they are all banned - we should of course keep such things in proportion, but rumours of stewards, including women, being hit in the face and vicious language don''t reflect too well on these supposedly fanatic City fans who succumbed to a little passion and high jinks.

They can''t really complain if they are banned - they should have done what they were told, like the other 25,000 of us.

[/quote]Hi Hitler!

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H13160%2C_Beim_Einmarsch_deutscher_Truppen_in_Eger.jpg[/img]

Those that ran on the pitch knew the consequences - They did continually warn us over that oudated tannoy system!

Do the crime do the time - Pricks everyone of them!

...and we wonder why we live in a police state, with a bunch of complete morons about to choose another leader for us who will change absolutely nothing next Thursday... [:|]Honestly what harm was done???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]Never was a truer word spoken. [Y]Yes, you can harp on all day about ''the end of season high'', ''over-excitedness'', ''joy of promotion'', ''what Rochdale did'', etc etc......... But those are cold hard facts. The club said don''t do it, and yet hey still did.[/quote]haha watch out boys (and girls) the Club Gestapo are after you! [:D]Get in the real world people... there are unlikely to be any banning orders and even if there are we all know that banning orders do not work.[/quote]Just to add, I''m not in agreement with any ''potential'' banning orders, nor would I ever be. I just agree with the facts that are there. [Y](Plus, if it didn''t happen I wouldn''t have had the chance to near wet myself at seeing how incredibly lame it actually was.......) [:D]

Can''t believe the attitude of some of our fans on here. Maybe that comment from that Leeds fan about us being a sanitised football club were spot on [:|]

Before we all get our knickers in a twist and start drawing (incredibly melodramatic) analogies between club policy and that of the Gestapo shall we wait to see if it''s true. Because I for one would be amazed if it is. And no, WC, despite this being your favourite ''hobby horse'' it''s not my ambition to completely fill Carrow Road with ''grannies in wigs'' - hahah [:D]   

[quote user="Henry"]Can''t believe the attitude of some of our fans on here.

Maybe that comment from that Leeds fan about us being a sanitised football club were spot on [:|]
[/quote]

I agree, I think it is absoloutely pathetic.

I think a lot of the Leeds fans are scum, but you have to think that if those fans that invaded the pitch after Beckford put the last minute winner in against us faced the possibility of abnning orders, there wouldn''t have been many Leeds saying that they deserved it because it ''contravenes regulations and they were repeatedly told not to.''

I cannot get my head around that mentaility.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I can only think that those supporters who are in favour of banning the fans who briefly went on the pitch last week are also in favour of a silent carrow road full of old people and kids in wigs and jester hats. [:(][/quote]
So who on here has been in favour of banning anybody and how does it follow that they ''favour'' people wearing wigs and jester hats?  And why is that relevant?
[/quote]

Obviously it was a toungue in cheek remark Graham, but as I recall it many people on here were calling the pitch invaders "thugs", "hooligans" and "morons" which is just ridiculas and stinks of snobby ness and killjoys. I''m not a fan of pitch invading but a banning order on those who went on the pitch would be awfully OTT and would put shame on our club and it''s board, however I don''t think the club will go to such lengths and as I remeber it was mainly fans from the snakepit area of the ground who went onto the pitch, an area of the ground where some of our most vocal and passionate supporters sit, do we really want to get rid of fellow fans for such a minor offence which ultimately caused no harm?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Before we all get our knickers in a twist and start drawing (incredibly melodramatic) analogies between club policy and that of the Gestapo shall we wait to see if it''s true.[/quote]But where''s the fun in that?  Come on, let''s quickly get in a bit of slagging off the club and the fans and when this turns out to be nonsense we''ll just let it quietly slip until the next total outrage and injustice surfaces.