Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Not a Million Miles from here.

Does anybody agree than we could do worse that look at some of this season''s cast-offs from our illustrious neighbours down the road, when thinking of strengthening next seasom?

The Keane factor makes it a unique situation.

I am thinking mainly of players (and there are always a few) who failed to gel with the illustrious Roy Keane and his unusual managerial style. Such players, in the Keano slip-stream are often outed for personal reasons rather than for footballing reasons. He consistently fails to get the best out of certain players.

I always like John Stead as a skilful player and a decent goal scorer . He has been sent out on loan, with some success, and will in all probability, be looking for a change in the Summer.

Neither do I think Priskin is as bad as his performnces this season. He is a skilled, creative  forward who clearly didn''t fancy Keane or the way he was used by the great man. He was good at Watford. He might be cheap.

Garvan has a precarious relationship with Keane and his stay at Portman Road seems destined to end soon, even though most fans love him.

Where is Bruce now?

A lot of Town fans rate Counago, Keane doesn''t.  there must be a few other unhappies. Even the ususally timid little Kevin Lisbie had a go at Keano, behind the safety of Colchester castle.

A lot of decent players are cast aside by Keane''s abrasive and narrow style of management. They are worth a look at. .

I don''t advocate shipping a bus load in, but one or two might be useful, especially John Stead. 

Before anybody rails me with the "WE don''t want their cast-offs" line, I contend that some of my points might be valid and am totally unconcerned about a player''s history as long as he becomes am asset to NCFC. eg. Trevor Putney.

I always liked Stead. Wouldn''t say no to him as competition/back-up for Holt, but other than him I''d pass on most of their players...

i''d have G~arvan here.. why not... seems a tidy player and has caused us problems in the past... i''d take Alex Bruce too.