Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Unofficial match thread: Charlton Athletic v Norwich City

Afternoon everyone, thought I''d begin proceedings today. Big, big game - I get the feeling for once we will match the occasion with a winning performance, 2-1 for me, Martin and Johnson. OTBC!

I think we will win, Lambert might spring a surprise or two and I hope the players put in a real shift to see us over the line (thank you Huddersfield).1-3 Martin double and the King of Spain with his first of the season (30 yard screamer into the top corner)!

I''d love to see a win, but I don''t think we will, although it''s football so you never know.

3 key players out, let''s hope the other lads fill in well.

Not listening to the commentary so is it a flat 4-4-2?---------------Forster----------------R.Martin--Doc--Nelson--Drury----Spillane--Rusty--Hughes--Lappin------------Martin--Johnson---------

But WLY will be calm and won''t lose his head.  He has the experience, when nerves might get the better of the younger team members.  If he were to score the winning goal would you still be saying the same? lol

Charlton: Randolph, Richardson, Bailey, Semedo, Racon, Sam, S Sodje, A Sodje, Dailly, Borrowdale, N Forster. Subs: Elliot, Llera, Shelvey, Burton, Wagstaff, Solly, Reid.

Norwich: F Forster, Drury, Nelson, R Martin, Hughes, Doherty, Spillane, CMartin, Lappin, Russell, Johnson. Subs: Rudd, Gill, Elliott, McVeigh, Rose, McNamee, McDonald.

Ref: A Hall.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]But WLY will be calm and won''t lose his head.  He has the experience, when nerves might get the better of the younger team members.  If he were to score the winning goal would you still be saying the same? lol[/quote]

Might be useful behind the front two if we''re chasing the game. His little legs might have gone, but he''s got a good footballing brain and has always been able to pick a pass.

[quote user="yellow blood"]scapping the barrel with the subs today...McVeigh?[:$][/quote]

Hasn''t he been on the bench for the last 3/4 matches?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]But WLY will be calm and won''t lose his head.  He has the experience, when nerves might get the better of the younger team members.  If he were to score the winning goal would you still be saying the same? lol[/quote]

Might be useful behind the front two if we''re chasing the game. His little legs might have gone, but he''s got a good footballing brain and has always been able to pick a pass.

[/quote]

Exactly, his footballing brain is still sharp and he''s always a good passer of the ball.  If things get nervy you might find him coming on to settle them down.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Spillane, Hughes, Russell and Lappin in the middle[/quote]Looks solid, good to see Spillane and Hughes in.

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Spillane, Hughes, Russell and Lappin in the middle[/quote]

Looks solid, good to see Spillane and Hughes in.
[/quote]

Agreed, I like Hughes and Spillane, when was the last time Spillers played in the team?  Or at least started?

Neeeaaal just mention Orient 4-0. was when he pulled his hamstring.Looks like PL is keen to be solid and not get beaten.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Spillane, Hughes, Russell and Lappin in the middle[/quote]Looks solid, good to see Spillane and Hughes in.[/quote]

Agreed, I like Hughes and Spillane, when was the last time Spillers played in the team?  Or at least started?

[/quote]Last start was the 5-1 home win against Bristol Rovers in September.