Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Redemption at the Valley

Who would have forecast this after the opening game against Colchester?  That day, our team disgraced themselves.  Today, many of the same players completed their redemption.  Michael Nelson looked hopeless against Col U, but has grown in confidence all season and stepped in for Askou brilliantly.  His goal today capped a Man of the Match display.Alongside him, Doc played well to deliver another clean sheet with Forster again on fantastic form. Drury has been a loyal servant for this club without ever getting much reward, and I''m delighted he gets another promotion on his CV.Simon Lappin, shut out by Roeder, delivered the corner for the goal today and while he may not cut it at the next level, he''s been a real bonus this season.  Russell, who wanted away but has stayed, has been very good for most of the season, and Chris Martin has proved many people wrong and will continue to do so next season.There''s something poetic about doing it at the Valley after last year''s fiasco.  Thank you Paul Lambert.  God this is awesome, I''m off to break my marathon training vow and get pissed. [B][B][B][B [:D]][B][B][B] [+o(]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would have forecast this after the opening game against Colchester?  That day, our team disgraced themselves.  Today, many of the same players completed their redemption. 

Michael Nelson looked hopeless against Col U, but has grown in confidence all season and stepped in for Askou brilliantly.  His goal today capped a Man of the Match display.

Alongside him, Doc played well to deliver another clean sheet with Forster again on fantastic form.

Drury has been a loyal servant for this club without ever getting much reward, and I''m delighted he gets another promotion on his CV.

Simon Lappin, shut out by Roeder, delivered the corner for the goal today and while he may not cut it at the next level, he''s been a real bonus this season.  Russell, who wanted away but has stayed, has been very good for most of the season, and Chris Martin has proved many people wrong and will continue to do so next season.

There''s something poetic about doing it at the Valley after last year''s fiasco.  Thank you Paul Lambert.  God this is awesome, I''m off to break my marathon training vow and get pissed. [B][B][B][B [:D]][B][B][B] [+o(]

[/quote]SPOT ON MR CHOPS[Y]....i hope every City enjoys this moment...and we will be crowned champs nxt game.....i now cant wait until Carlise game...ITS PARTY TIME[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Don''t forget the Gillingham game!
[/quote]Im going to the Carlise game mate with Beau[Y] and staying overnight so i will bet fecking HAMMERED[B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Who would have forecast this after the opening game against Colchester?  That day, our team disgraced themselves.  Today, many of the same players completed their redemption. 

Michael Nelson looked hopeless against Col U, but has grown in confidence all season and stepped in for Askou brilliantly.  His goal today capped a Man of the Match display.

Alongside him, Doc played well to deliver another clean sheet with Forster again on fantastic form.

Drury has been a loyal servant for this club without ever getting much reward, and I''m delighted he gets another promotion on his CV.

Simon Lappin, shut out by Roeder, delivered the corner for the goal today and while he may not cut it at the next level, he''s been a real bonus this season.  Russell, who wanted away but has stayed, has been very good for most of the season, and Chris Martin has proved many people wrong and will continue to do so next season.

There''s something poetic about doing it at the Valley after last year''s fiasco.  Thank you Paul Lambert.  God this is awesome, I''m off to break my marathon training vow and get p**sed. [B][B][B][B [:D]][B][B][B] [+o(]

[/quote]

LOL- good man!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There''s something poetic about doing it at the Valley after last year''s fiasco.  Thank you Paul Lambert.  God this is awesome,
[/quote]

Indeed- and indicative of how far we''ve come- last year so many of the seemed not to care- today it was ''backs to the wall'' stuff and the whole team looked like they wanted to tough it out!! Fantastic job Mr Lambert and team!!! 

Well said, Chopsy.  This is a great feeling, regardless of the supposedly lowly status of the league, and its great to see our players - who have given so much this season - finally clinch it! Its almost a shame that Hoolahan and Holt were missing from today''s team given their own contributions this term, but we''ve never been a two-man team, and we showed that finally today.  Fantastic team effort from top to bottom, I couldn''t be more proud of NCFC today! [:D]

Not in the habit of quoting Winston Churchill, but this seems appropriate:"We may allow

ourselves a brief period of rejoicing; but let us not forget for a

moment the toil and efforts that lie ahead."

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I''d forgotten how good a promotion feels. Beware my drunken posts around 1 am.[;)][:D]
[/quote]i will be joining you with missspelt and nonsense posts IH[Y] lol

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]So emotional(almost cried)......So proud of my beloved City.Big cheer 2 all the fans.[/quote]

Hate to admit, but I was the same!

Is absolutely fantastic that we have put last season fully behind us with the win at the Valley. Couldn''t be better.

I do wonder what sort of coverage we''ll get on the Footy League show tonight...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Is absolutely fantastic that we have put last season fully behind us with the win at the Valley. Couldn''t be better.

I do wonder what sort of coverage we''ll get on the Footy League show tonight...[/quote]Featured game or so they say.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]So emotional(almost cried)......So proud of my beloved City.Big cheer 2 all the fans.[/quote]

Hate to admit, but I was the same!

[/quote]I was a little bit emotional when I saw the City fans celebrating, what football is all about.

I did cry from happiness and cried when I saw the NC fans on SSN [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Beausant phoned me so i could here the crowd sing at the end of the game.....FECKING AWESOME....made me shiver[Y] best football fans ever

I knew we would do it today, put a post on here earlier this week to keep the faith!!

I had a feeling after Leyton this week that the players were reeling from what PL had to tell them after the black tuesday

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Beausant phoned me so i could here the crowd sing at the end of the game.....FECKING AWESOME....made me shiver[Y] best football fans ever[/quote]

It was great to see the cameras focus on the away fans at the end of the game at the beamback. Made up for my miserable Tuesday night. great fans and great Club.