Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Trophy Celebration when we're mathematically champions?

Can somebody confirm for me please. If and when we''re crowned champions of the league (probably saturday) will the trophy celebration be on the match we gain the title or the final home game of the season?

I hope it''s not this Saturday, I''m in London to run the marathon and will miss it.  But if it is, so be it.  I think however it will be the final game when it''s mathematically confirmed as they present it before the game not after.

Don''t know for sure but we have a home game as our last game of the season so possibly the players will do a lap of honour next week then get the trophy and have another celebration against Carlisle. 

I hope it is on Satdee as I''m on holiday for the last game, but I suspect that it will be the last game.

I sure hope the trophy presentation isn''t any other game apart from Carlisle. Can''t get to any games apart from the final day of the season and will be very gutted to miss the celebrations.

Best of luck in the Marathon Chops!

[quote user="Kent Canary"]I hope it is next week, I have a ticket i the Barclay for the Gills game!
[/quote]i hope its the Carlise game....as i have tikets[Y] lol

I hope its after the game in the Carlisle match, think it would be good to have match first then present the trophy - like the Premier League does. Then the entire match will be a party building up to trophy presentation whatever the result.

I rekon it''ll be before the last game of the season - will be rather good, Player of the Season, which should be followed by L1 Manager of the season, and the League 1 trophy. Nice :-)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]I hope it is next week, I have a ticket i the Barclay for the Gills game![/quote]i hope its the Carlise game....as i have tikets[Y] lol

[/quote]Just happy we are going up!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I rekon it''ll be before the last game of the season - will be rather good, Player of the Season, which should be followed by L1 Manager of the season, and the League 1 trophy. Nice :-)[/quote]

God that sounds niiiceeeee

I hope it''s after the Carlisle game because before the game would seem a bit naff!

" We only need a point so it will all be down to the next Leeds and City results"

Most likley we won''t even need another point. Leeds have to win their next three games, for us to require a point. Even then they have to make up 9 goals.

Personally I want us to win the next three games. Win the trophy in style. Win it by ten points at least.

Before the game?

That seems a bit flimsy. You want them to come back onto the pitch having played won, messed up shirts and everything, dont you?