Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Charlton match Ratings and couple of vids :)

Wowowowowowowowow! what a game! We were SENSATIONAL.... (sort of)First half we we top class, great build up play and movement. We scored early on, but it was disallowed. I''d have to see the reply but for me it wasn''t offside at all.Second half we hardly got out of our half. But we were super clinical defensively and Charlton never really capitalised.Ratings:Forster: 10/10 What a performance from Fraser. He was SUPERB. He made save after save after save. Definately MOTM and just was so so strong. His kicking was off on a couple of occasions but even with him kicking the ball straight out it can''t take away enough to notch him off a 10.Drury: 8/10 Sold performance from Adam. They used the wings a lot especially their right wing and Drury probably had more to do than anyone else distance wise. He was a little slow at times at closing down, but other than that a solid performance.Doherty & Nelson: 10/10 I''m rating these two together because they were flawless. I don''t think I saw Charlton win a ball in the air all afternoon. And believe me there were LOTS and LOTS of balls drifted into the box that they headed away. Both made world class tackles which saved definate chances on goal.Spillane: 6/10 Was ok. Did make some good clearances. But that was all. Never really made play. Gave away a free kick in about the 96th minute which was right on the edge of the area to the right side as we looked at it.Lappin: 8/10 Simon goes up and down in my ratings in my head every game. I''ll wonder what he brings to the game then he''ll pop up with a game like he had today and make a real difference. Had a cracking shot on goal saved, and did everything you''d want him to today.Hughes: 7/10 Solid performance, tracked back well and was ''ok'' going forward. Frustrated me serveral times as he didn''t move forward when we did, and at one point stood on the left wing looking like he was having a chin wag with Lappin whilst Chrissy M attacked pretty much alone.Russell: 8/10 Russell was his usual self today working hard bossing the midfield. I did think at one point in the first half that the team was playing so well it was making him not look special at all.R.Martin: 8/10 He had a pretty good game today. Made some quality tackles and made some really good play. Funny to see him on the right wing, I think it suits him well though.O.Johnson: 8/10 Worked his butt off out there tried to get into everything and was really class with containing possession in difficult areas. Very closely a 9. But he wasn''t too strong in the air which he needed to be how we played the ball today. Holt would have had it off today.C.Martin: 9/10 Anyone who claims he is lazy after seeing his performance today is a complete chump. The guy worked harder than normal (which is hard enough normally in my mind) he busted a gut at every chance never gave up. Made a real difference up front.. Watch Chrissy he''s a class act and will go from strength to strength next season.

Subs:Rose: 8/10 Had obviously been well briefed by Lambo as he did a great job at maintaining possession and was the most lively at going forward in a second half that hardly saw us out of our own half.Elliott: 8/10 Like Rose was well briefed. Looked lively and did a great job of trying to attack despite us playing hugely defensively.

A couple of videos. Noise was so loud that it cuts out cheers etc. So sound is a bit odd. But hope you enjoy :) http://twitvid.com/VBPYI - Nelsons goalhttp://twitvid.com/2YQFY - Video of lead up to final whistle and team celebrations in front of fans after whistle.

What a game, what a team, what a group of fans!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Wowowowowowowowow! what a game! We were SENSATIONAL.... (sort of)

First half we we top class, great build up play and movement. We scored early on, but it was disallowed. I''d have to see the reply but for me it wasn''t offside at all.
Second half we hardly got out of our half. But we were super clinical defensively and Charlton never really capitalised.

Ratings:

Forster: 10/10 What a performance from Fraser. He was SUPERB. He made save after save after save. Definately MOTM and just was so so strong. His kicking was off on a couple of occasions but even with him kicking the ball straight out it can''t take away enough to notch him off a 10.

Drury: 8/10 Sold performance from Adam. They used the wings a lot especially their right wing and Drury probably had more to do than anyone else distance wise. He was a little slow at times at closing down, but other than that a solid performance.

Doherty & Nelson: 10/10 I''m rating these two together because they were flawless. I don''t think I saw Charlton win a ball in the air all afternoon. And believe me there were LOTS and LOTS of balls drifted into the box that they headed away. Both made world class tackles which saved definate chances on goal.

Spillane: 6/10 Was ok. Did make some good clearances. But that was all. Never really made play. Gave away a free kick in about the 96th minute which was right on the edge of the area to the right side as we looked at it.

Lappin: 8/10 Simon goes up and down in my ratings in my head every game. I''ll wonder what he brings to the game then he''ll pop up with a game like he had today and make a real difference. Had a cracking shot on goal saved, and did everything you''d want him to today.

Hughes: 7/10 Solid performance, tracked back well and was ''ok'' going forward. Frustrated me serveral times as he didn''t move forward when we did, and at one point stood on the left wing looking like he was having a chin wag with Lappin whilst Chrissy M attacked pretty much alone.

Russell: 8/10 Russell was his usual self today working hard bossing the midfield. I did think at one point in the first half that the team was playing so well it was making him not look special at all.

R.Martin: 8/10 He had a pretty good game today. Made some quality tackles and made some really good play. Funny to see him on the right wing, I think it suits him well though.

O.Johnson: 8/10 Worked his butt off out there tried to get into everything and was really class with containing possession in difficult areas. Very closely a 9. But he wasn''t too strong in the air which he needed to be how we played the ball today. Holt would have had it off today.

C.Martin: 9/10 Anyone who claims he is lazy after seeing his performance today is a complete chump. The guy worked harder than normal (which is hard enough normally in my mind) he busted a gut at every chance never gave up. Made a real difference up front.. Watch Chrissy he''s a class act and will go from strength to strength next season.

Subs:

Rose: 8/10 Had obviously been well briefed by Lambo as he did a great job at maintaining possession and was the most lively at going forward in a second half that hardly saw us out of our own half.

Elliott: 8/10 Like Rose was well briefed. Looked lively and did a great job of trying to attack despite us playing hugely defensively.

A couple of videos. Noise was so loud that it cuts out cheers etc. So sound is a bit odd. But hope you enjoy :)
http://twitvid.com/VBPYI - Nelsons goal
http://twitvid.com/2YQFY - Video of lead up to final whistle and team celebrations in front of fans after whistle.

What a game, what a team, what a group of fans!
[/quote]

Cant disagree with any of this cant think of a time in the last few years when we would have been able to hold out like that. Would have been so nice to have scored a 2nd so I could actually have enjoyed the last few minutes.

On a different thread somebody has marked C Martin and Russell with a 5 each, think they both did so much running they can be lazy all day tomorrow, have a lay in and sit in front of the tv all day, certainly should be knackered after all the running they did today. 

Nobody deserved a 5 today. We were superb. Even in the second half where we didn''t really get the ball out of our half we were just so so solid at the back it was immense. I was super tense but I had a gut feeling that they''d never score.I looked out for you today Dudley, but didn''t see you. I still owe you a pint :)

So it is only me the videos don''t work for then?

Smashing. Karma getting me back for the widescreen live streaming earlier I suppose... oh well [:D]

Cheers guys... Was it because of how tense I was or did it seem more like than 5 minutes that was added on?Do you think the officials were being harsh by adding 5 minutes on because they saw Fraser as wasting time?

[quote user="Mason 47"]

Smashing. Karma getting me back for the widescreen live streaming earlier I suppose... oh well [:D]

[/quote]can''t get the second one to work :-(

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Mason 47"]

[/quote]can''t get the second one to work :-([/quote]yes i did :-)

C.Martin: 9/10 Anyone who claims he is lazy after seeing his performance today is a complete chump. The guy worked harder than normal (which is hard enough normally in my mind) he busted a gut at every chance never gave up. Made a real difference up front.. Watch Chrissy he''s a class act and will go from strength to strength next season.

Why would anyone claim he was lazy after seeing him today? He wasn''t lazy today. He is normally lazy though which is people would claim that normally.

Top marks to Paul Lambert who decided without Hoolahan and Holt to play a tight defensive game and it worked. We did soak up an enormous amount of pressure but they never really created a clearcut chance although there were a number of awkward balls bouncing about in

our penalty box.

Ratings:

Forster - 9 extremely cool under a lot of pressure.Safe handling three superb saves.

Spillane - 7 Good solid performance.

Nelson/Docherty 8 - Won virtually everything in the air. Despite all the pressure they still looked in command.

Drury - 7 Experience showed. Won some important tackles.

R. Martin - 6 Worked hard for the team but struggled a bit in his unfamiliar midfield position.

Russell - 7 Plenty of effort as usual. As in recent weeks heavily marked and found it difficult to find space.

Hughes - 7 Put in a solid 90 minutes.and again worked very hard. Could not see anything wrong with disallowed goal.

Lappin - 8 Put in a tremendous amount of effort - probably the pick of midfield.

Chris Martin - 7 In view of our defensive set up was never ever going to get much support. Battled well.

Johnson - 6 Was not his type of game and never found much space. Tried his best.

I feel we won this game on the strength of fitness and each player gave their everything for the team effort. As I said at beginning Paul Lambert 10/10 for tactics which were spot on for the day and occasion.

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[/quote]Doesn''t work for me either...[:''(]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Why would anyone claim he was lazy after seeing him today? He wasn''t lazy today. He is normally lazy though which is people would claim that normally.

[/quote]Because I never normally think he is lazy, but people still say he is. So it wouldn''t surprise me if they said it about him today...