Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

"A lot of empty seats in the Charlton home end"

Great. I couldn''t get a ticket in the Norwich end as it had sold out, so I phoned Charlton to try and get a ticket in the home end, only to be told they would only sell them to people with a history of buying home tickets this season. So a club, in financial difficulties, turned me and my money away, and now they end up with a half empty stadium. What a joke Charlton Athletic are. I hope they go into administration at the end of the season. Pathetic.

Agreed CP - we had a party of three all dressed and ready to go with relevant train times scribbled on wrists, only to be told by the ticket office we wouldn''t get in. How a club in Charlton''s financial situation can turn away revenue opportunities is beyond me.I can understand a segregation policy on its merits, but since when have our fans sacked a city?

Doubtless the two intending travelling parties realised there might be ''difficulties'' which is why we telephoned.This doesn''t alter the fact that the home club''s policy is clearly ridiculous!I have been going to City games at The Valley since an Errol Crossan goal secured a 0-1 away win in the 1960/61 season and I have never seen anything unseemly between the two sets of fans.

yep, just over 7000 empty seats.

Had we have turned up ''en masse'' the old bill would have had np option but to let our fans in so as to be able to police them. Makes a mockery when the scumbag fans can get into games and the decent fans can''t.

5000 seats at £20 a go would give Charlton Pathetic a hundred grand. A further measure of how clueless some clubs are is the binners asking £36 a ticket today !

Anyone think City are doing something right ?

Its all very academic now, but this has been the practice for some time now at a number of clubs...However, I wonder whether if you had bought a cheap souvenir from their on-line shop, or something else rather cheap, that you would then have qualified as a previous customer and thereby have been eligible to buy a ticket. At various times over the last few years I''ve registered with a number of clubs and get annoying e-mails from their marketing teams, but if pushed I''d give it a run in the future to get tickets if I was out of the reckoning with out allocation.

]

Great. I couldn''t get a ticket in the Norwich end as it had sold out, so I phoned Charlton to try and get a ticket in the home end, only to be told they would only sell them to people with a history of buying home tickets this season. So a club, in financial difficulties, turned me and my money away, and now they end up with a half empty stadium. What a joke Charlton Athletic are. I hope they go into administration at the end of the season. Pathetic!

Total utter madness and ignorant!