Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Thanks to the NCFC team on and off the pitch

Just had to post a big thanks to all at NCFC,i''ve had a tough 9 months through illness and todays promotion has made me forget all the brown stuff i''ve been going through,the team have done us so proud with their performances week after week and the management team have given us back a passing attacking team who never say die,just bloody proud as hell today and just chuffed to bits!! On the ball City and thanks for the tonic[:D]

Totally agree Phat, and really once we hit our stride in October/November there was really only one outcome. To be honest I think thanks are due off the pitch perhaps more than for those who toiled and ran riot on it.

Without the appointment of McNally I fear we would be lower mid table having had a disastrous season under Gunn with perhaps the loss of Hoolahan and one or two others in the January window. But in came a man who could do a job and he''s achieved it. Appointed a manager who he had faith in (with very good reason) and we really never looked back.

The transformation has been one of dreams, and after all all football fans are after them aren''t they. We have suffered for more than long enough under incompetent regimes on and off the field with the previous relegations. Now we are rid of many of the reasons for them it''s upwards and onwards.

Hand on heart I can''t say I have enjoyed this season. The effects of relegation shadowed us in many ways. Fortunately Lambert showed a way out of it all and had brought some vital ingredients to CR. Confidence, team spirt, the will to win and at times lovely football to the field and his man management has been second to none. It has been refreshing listening to him in his post match interviews this season. His constant mention of the fans and their vital role hasn''t I think gone unnoticed.

Maybe we should have wrapped it up earlier, but we did ourselves proud yesterday. We indeed have hope for next year and at last I can honestly say I have confidence in those running the club. McNally is surely the man to steer us back to our former position in the Premiership and I think we will all wish him well in doing all he can to attract new investment so we can make a bid to secure a second promotion in a few years'' time.

The togetherness is evident isn’t it? A season where the board, management, players and fans have been in harmony – and look what has been achieved! A bit of ‘dig-in wartime spirit’ it seems to me; a joined-up mentality with a focus that we have all shared.

It’s a simple recipe for success - but as evidenced in the majority of other clubs, it’s far from easy to create.

Well done and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Totally agree Phat, and really once we hit our stride in October/November there was really only one outcome. To be honest I think thanks are due off the pitch perhaps more than for those who toiled and ran riot on it.

Without the appointment of McNally I fear we would be lower mid table having had a disastrous season under Gunn with perhaps the loss of Hoolahan and one or two others in the January window. But in came a man who could do a job and he''s achieved it. Appointed a manager who he had faith in (with very good reason) and we really never looked back.

The transformation has been one of dreams, and after all all football fans are after them aren''t they. We have suffered for more than long enough under incompetent regimes on and off the field with the previous relegations. Now we are rid of many of the reasons for them it''s upwards and onwards.

Hand on heart I can''t say I have enjoyed this season. The effects of relegation shadowed us in many ways. Fortunately Lambert showed a way out of it all and had brought some vital ingredients to CR. Confidence, team spirt, the will to win and at times lovely football to the field and his man management has been second to none. It has been refreshing listening to him in his post match interviews this season. His constant mention of the fans and their vital role hasn''t I think gone unnoticed.

Maybe we should have wrapped it up earlier, but we did ourselves proud yesterday. We indeed have hope for next year and at last I can honestly say I have confidence in those running the club. McNally is surely the man to steer us back to our former position in the Premiership and I think we will all wish him well in doing all he can to attract new investment so we can make a bid to secure a second promotion in a few years'' time.[/quote]Spot on post Gazza.Like you I haven''t really enjoyed this season very much and the end result only goes some way towards undoing all the wrong that preceded it. That winning feeling both on and off the pitch breeds confidence in both players and supporters alike and it''s been nice to see the smiles return to Carrow Road.Here''s to next season.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Totally agree Phat, and really once we hit our stride in October/November there was really only one outcome. To be honest I think thanks are due off the pitch perhaps more than for those who toiled and ran riot on it. Without the appointment of McNally I fear we would be lower mid table having had a disastrous season under Gunn with perhaps the loss of Hoolahan and one or two others in the January window. But in came a man who could do a job and he''s achieved it. Appointed a manager who he had faith in (with very good reason) and we really never looked back. The transformation has been one of dreams, and after all all football fans are after them aren''t they. We have suffered for more than long enough under incompetent regimes on and off the field with the previous relegations. Now we are rid of many of the reasons for them it''s upwards and onwards. Hand on heart I can''t say I have enjoyed this season. The effects of relegation shadowed us in many ways. Fortunately Lambert showed a way out of it all and had brought some vital ingredients to CR. Confidence, team spirt, the will to win and at times lovely football to the field and his man management has been second to none. It has been refreshing listening to him in his post match interviews this season. His constant mention of the fans and their vital role hasn''t I think gone unnoticed. Maybe we should have wrapped it up earlier, but we did ourselves proud yesterday. We indeed have hope for next year and at last I can honestly say I have confidence in those running the club. McNally is surely the man to steer us back to our former position in the Premiership and I think we will all wish him well in doing all he can to attract new investment so we can make a bid to secure a second promotion in a few years'' time.[/quote]

Spot on post Gazza.

Like you I haven''t really enjoyed this season very much and the end result only goes some way towards undoing all the wrong that preceded it. That winning feeling both on and off the pitch breeds confidence in both players and supporters alike and it''s been nice to see the smiles return to Carrow Road.

Here''s to next season.
[/quote]

In a strange sort of way I have enjoyed this season because there''s nothing plastic or manufactured about League One. But next season should be better. I can draw comparisons between this season and the play-off season. Like 2002 the team has excited the fans and drawn them together. Back then the new spirit and togetherness took us to the Premier League two seasons later and the same thing could happen this time.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Totally agree Phat, and really once we hit our stride in October/November there was really only one outcome. To be honest I think thanks are due off the pitch perhaps more than for those who toiled and ran riot on it. Without the appointment of McNally I fear we would be lower mid table having had a disastrous season under Gunn with perhaps the loss of Hoolahan and one or two others in the January window. But in came a man who could do a job and he''s achieved it. Appointed a manager who he had faith in (with very good reason) and we really never looked back. The transformation has been one of dreams, and after all all football fans are after them aren''t they. We have suffered for more than long enough under incompetent regimes on and off the field with the previous relegations. Now we are rid of many of the reasons for them it''s upwards and onwards. Hand on heart I can''t say I have enjoyed this season. The effects of relegation shadowed us in many ways. Fortunately Lambert showed a way out of it all and had brought some vital ingredients to CR. Confidence, team spirt, the will to win and at times lovely football to the field and his man management has been second to none. It has been refreshing listening to him in his post match interviews this season. His constant mention of the fans and their vital role hasn''t I think gone unnoticed. Maybe we should have wrapped it up earlier, but we did ourselves proud yesterday. We indeed have hope for next year and at last I can honestly say I have confidence in those running the club. McNally is surely the man to steer us back to our former position in the Premiership and I think we will all wish him well in doing all he can to attract new investment so we can make a bid to secure a second promotion in a few years'' time.[/quote]

Great post GTG,McNally seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle we have been searching for!