Matt Morriss

McVeigh for Hoolahan

Id like to see McVeigh in the Hoola role, he''s probably the only other

player in the squad who can play that role, whether he is past it is

another thing tho.

Be nice to see if he can still do it, to be fair when he has played this

season its been with defensive responsibilities like on the wing or one

of the midfield 3. I wonder how he''d perform in just an attacking free

role like Hoola.Now weve secured promotion im sure Lambert will mix things up altho  i suspect he will be ditching the likes of Macca, Gill etc in the summer so doubt theyll feature at all.Still, would be interesting to see Mac in the hole.Well done boys OTBC and bring on Gillingham and the title.

If McVeigh had been given the chance to play that role when he was at his peak (2001-2003 or that brief spell at the back end of 2005), he would have been a revelation I''m sure. Sadly those days are long gone which is a great shame as he was a wonderful player to watch at his best.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Id like to see McVeigh in the Hoola role, he''s probably the only other player in the squad who can play that role, whether he is past it is another thing tho.

Be nice to see if he can still do it, to be fair when he has played this season its been with defensive responsibilities like on the wing or one of the midfield 3. I wonder how he''d perform in just an attacking free role like Hoola.

Now weve secured promotion im sure Lambert will mix things up altho  i suspect he will be ditching the likes of Macca, Gill etc in the summer so doubt theyll feature at all.

Still, would be interesting to see Mac in the hole.

Well done boys OTBC and bring on Gillingham and the title.
[/quote]

McVeigh must not play.

Yup - I agree he could do this for us. But with the championship in the bag we should be looking to the future and giving players games to see how they do; spillane at right back, adeyemi, josh dawkins all deserve a couple of games to stake a claim for next year..

so rather than try and see if the diamond will work with WLY when he wont be here next season let give youth a go