Sign in to follow this  
Croydon Canary

My thoughts on today.

Not a good performance,really missed Holt,s hold up play and Hoolies abilty to hold possession and drive into space.After the goal I don,t think we created a single chance and couldn,t retain the ball either in midfield or up front resulting in near constant pressure in the second half.Quite poor really but got away with it by outstanding goal keeping and good blocking,heading and clearing.Alot needs to be done for next season thats for sure.

Forster.9

Spillaine 6

Admiral 8

Ginger p 7

Dury 6

Lappin 7

Russell 5

Hughes 6

R Martin 6

Oli J 6

C Martin 5

Rose 6

Eiliot 6

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]I know it,s great but just trying to be objective.[/quote]I do agree but you have to take the context into account, once we went 1-0 up Lambert was playing for a 1-0 win and set us out to not concede a goal (taking off Johnson, putting on Rose).  It worked really well and went to Lambert''s plan so I think you have to give credit where it''s due.

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]Not a good performance,really missed Holt,s hold up play and Hoolies abilty to hold possession and drive into space.After the goal I don,t think we created a single chance and couldn,t retain the ball either in midfield or up front resulting in near constant pressure in the second half.Quite poor really but got away with it by outstanding goal keeping and good blocking,heading and clearing.Alot needs to be done for next season thats for sure. Forster.9 Spillaine 6 Admiral 8 Ginger p 7 Dury 6 Lappin 7 Russell 5 Hughes 6 R Martin 6 Oli J 6 C Martin 5 Rose 6 Eiliot 6[/quote]

How on earth do you only give C Martin 5 the guy has covered every blade of grass held the ball up and run himself into the ground ( as did all players that played any part ). He was the only outlet allowing our defenders short breathers. How can you say this was poor, we picked a side to score a goal and then be able to defend. Russell 5 what on earth did he do wrong? Think this is a bit of bias reporting

I was at the game today & I understand that we did not win in the manner that some would have liked but in my opinion this was a great TEAM performance we were defending for our lives in the 2nd half but with the help of Fraser Forster, who was absolutely superb today, we got to the finishing line which is all that really matters (Lambert must try to secure his services for next season this lad will go far but if we could have him for another season that would be great).

I was also at the valley last season when we were relegated & the performance then & the performance today are poles apart!!

I think if Lambert had tried to play the diamond formation at any time today we would have lost by a margin I think Lambert was spot on & set us up to be really solid. A great day for City onwards & upwards, OTBC

I was also at the game and the second half has to be the longest 45 minutes of my life, still don''t know how we managed to keep them out after being under the cosh for almost the entire second half. Without a target man to hold the ball up it just kept coming straight back at us and it looked like it would be a matter of time before they equalised. Thankfully Forster the Doc and Nelson were excellent at the back and we managed to hang on, Charlton fans must still be wondering how they failed to get at least a point from the game.

I''d agree with the comments kdncfc and sotb have made as I too was there yesterday and last season. How we survived yesterday is incredibl  but we did. We won, we got promoted, we celebrated [<:o)]What counts is the league table. yes, I''d love us to have got promoted in style but bizzarre things happen in football, especially at Norwich. Enjoy the moment everyone [:D] [<:o)]