Sign in to follow this  
Noseybonk

Nelson

I''m really pleased he scored the goal that secured promotion.

He''s received stick on here that he hasn''t deserved.

IMO, he''s been as Collossus at the back all season.

I honestly don''t think he''ll cut it in the Championship but I will trust Lambert''s judgement on this, and I have a lot of respect for how he came back from that 7-1 mauling and has been solid and dependable when defending.  His distribution isn''t good but he''s a good honest stopper who has done a good job for us this year.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I honestly don''t think he''ll cut it in the Championship but I will trust Lambert''s judgement on this, and I have a lot of respect for how he came back from that 7-1 mauling and has been solid and dependable when defending.  His distribution isn''t good but he''s a good honest stopper who has done a good job for us this year.[/quote]Spot on [Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I honestly don''t think he''ll cut it in the Championship but I will trust Lambert''s judgement on this, and I have a lot of respect for how he came back from that 7-1 mauling and has been solid and dependable when defending.  His distribution isn''t good but he''s a good honest stopper who has done a good job for us this year.[/quote]Me either but he''ll be a good squad player to have at the very least

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I honestly don''t think he''ll cut it in the Championship but I will trust Lambert''s judgement on this, and I have a lot of respect for how he came back from that 7-1 mauling and has been solid and dependable when defending.  His distribution isn''t good but he''s a good honest stopper who has done a good job for us this year.[/quote]Agree, but Gary "Alan Hansen" Doherty has been a changed player this season in terms of quality of distribution, so there''s hope for the Admiral yet!

Go or stay ( I suspect stay ) this guy has earnt my total respect. He may not be our best footballer, but he makes up for it 100% with his never say die attitude. In his interview today he even held his hand up for the goal at Orient. He did not have to do that as after today it would have been forgotten, and also nobody would have ever known wether Forster called or not. We describe him as a hard defender that wins everything, but I tell you to get as few bookings as he has this year means his timing and reading of games must be fantastic.

One thing for certain he will always now be remembered for the goal that secured promotion.

Against all the odds well done Nelson on a fantastic season, you have done us proud.

well done to him, I have been impressed with his effort and delighted to see him secure out promotion. People give the centre backs a hard time on this board but Doc and Nelson have done the business, and those who beg to differ just look at the table tonight. OTBC.

The guy has been fanatastic in recent months. Ignore the goal he scored today, he won absolutely everything. I can only echo what others have said. I have immense respect for the guys professionalism because everyone including myself wrote him off after the 7-1 at Colchester. Admittedly He is not the quickest and he doesnt have much quality with the ball at his feet. However his aerial ability and his the timing of tackling is absolutely supreb. Intially I was against having a civic ceremony but for players like Nelson, it represents the highlights of their careers so far. He has been fantastic and thoroughly deserves the recognition of one as do the rest of the team.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]A lot of people seem to be turning a blind eye to the earlier jokes on this thread?[/quote]Brilliant! [:D] Honestly, what a Hardy bunch of fans we are to withstand the last few seasons and still attempt a bit of humour!

[quote user="Marty"]well done to him, I have been impressed with his effort and delighted to see him secure out promotion. People give the centre backs a hard time on this board but Doc and Nelson have done the business, and those who beg to differ just look at the table tonight. OTBC.[/quote]Spot on!! Both Doc and Nelson were excellent at the back today, clearing everything Charlton could throw at us.  Forster also played a blinder, pulling out a couple of brilliant saves to keep us in the driving seat.

Really pleased for him to get that goal. He''s done really well for us this season, played a big part in getting us promoted.

he''s always looked solid when I''ve seen him even if his distribution has been a bit dodgy. well done Nelson you''ve written yourself into history.

[quote user="Matthias, son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

I''m really pleased he scored the goal that secured promotion.

He''s received stick on here that he hasn''t deserved.

IMO, he''s been as Collossus at the back all season.

Couldn''t agree more!

He was immense today. There was one point for a few minutes in the 2nd half when it was almost Charlton Vs Nelson!

The guy needs a song!

Who''s that hero of the back four?

Who''s that popping up to score?

Michael Nelson is the man,

And he''s gonna rob your Nan,

Just to leave the opposition on the floor!

Nelson, thanks for giving us this Victory. There will definitely be a few Columns written about your feats, and I trust that you will survive to help us sink a few ''Hulls'' next season.  

The admirable Nelson - a classic Big Dunc style defender except with lessof the ''kick-it-if-it-moves'' philosophy. Distribution is crap but , my word, he can defend which is what a defender is supposed to do!!

I have spent the season complaining about Michael Nelson for being too slow and an old fashioned hoofer. And admittedly he has had a few bad games.

However he was absolutely quality yesterday, a fantastic effort.

Mr Nelson- I apologise :)