Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

HELVEG LEAVING ENGLAND...SKY SPORTS!!!

Thomas Helveg...

"Our roots were ripped out from under us when we moved to England," said Helveg.

"We would like to have children at some point and they should grow up in Denmark, we feel.

"Therefore, we are now looking for a house in the Odense area."

What is he going to do,fly back to Odense every night then back to Norfolk in the morning? I think not. Sorry Thomas, you were not up to Premiership class!

helveg leaving

hooray. finally he realised he can''t play football. We all new that especially after the Man U game he''s been ''underachieving'' to say the least. Poor guy, Worthy may have wrecked his career completely. No1 will want him after his spell here will they...

HOLT OUT

OK, someone explain to me how a class act in Euro 2004 ends up on the scrapheap in Norfolk?

I mean it''s not as if he has had to compete with too many established superstars in the team of galacticos that is NCFC is it?   Why has he never been given a chance to establish himself in the team?   What on earth does Edworthy (that seasoned international pro that he is) have that Helveg obviously doesn''t?

Look at any players who come in from slower leagues such as Serie A and they always struggle to acclimatise, but Helveg after a while should have been able to do it a hell of a lot quicker given his own experience in the Scandanavian leagues.   Trouble is that no-one has thought to give him a chance, poor bloke and as a result, the captain of his own international team has been reduced to bit parts here and there and being played totally out of position.

Yet another classic example of the short sightedness of Worthy and the board - it is starting to worry me that we are slipping backwards to the days of Chase and his failure to build for the future by letting any talent that we have slip through our fingers or give it the heave ho as it hasn''t been given a chance to settle...whereas if your name is Gary Holt on the other hand...(oh sorry, did someone say Safri then....)

like hes been given a bloody chance!

you cant say hes crap or not up to it afer one appearence every few weeks.

ywt again i need to say it - wake up worthington and give him a go.

yes, about chances

This is the premiership, we cant do with chances, if he flops then we get goals put in the net past us (ala Man Utd.)

I wish nedergaards was still at the club, still remember his wonder goal!

Anyway, Helveg needs to settle like Jonson has, i feel Jonson is going to be a really great and important player in our squad.

Anyway, more for danish roots, lets hope this other bloke we are  hopefully signing "the rooney of denmark" does a better job

Yeah I agree. I think it will be a big shame if he does leave. He has been given no chance what so ever by worthington. Jonson has been given a run of games to settle into the pace and is now looking quite good but Helveg has been given the cold shoulder. I thought he looked quite handy against Arsenal reserves on Monday night and should definatley be given a go. Today would be a good opportunity to stick him in midfield but it looks as if Brennan has been given the nod instead. 

[quote]OK, someone explain to me how a class act in Euro 2004 ends up on the scrapheap in Norfolk? I mean it''s not as if he has had to compete with too many established superstars in the team of gal...[/quote]

plastic scouser

i salute you, couldn''t have put it over better - as you say, how do we know helveg''s quality as he hasn''t been given a decent run in the team, this isn''t even about anyone he needs to replace, but as with safri

why bother buying replacements if all they do is sit on the bench (or not even that sometimes! As for your remarks re the dark years, agreed 100%  - let''s just hope they wake up and smell the coffee in time

What is wrong with Mr W?

Why on earth is he not playing Helveg, Jonson, Safri and Doherty on a regular basis in the first team?

Perhaps because they are no better than what we had/have

Well said plastic scouser and gazza.  Helveg appears to played well and helped turnaround the game yesterday.   He has been given no chance to show us what he can do and deserves more than 30 minutes here and there in more positions than (oops sorry moderators I will stop that sentence there

As far as conceeding goals are concerned Smiths wonder finish was the difference between us and Manure - Helveg had a below par performance but compared to some of the shocking displays by Eddie Helveg has been citys best right back by a mile - dickov, ferguson heskey and at the charlton game eddys poor position and distribution has cost us far more points that the tank engine.   People constantly blame drury for not stopping cross from the right flank.  Firstly there is the lack of protection Drury has had from Hux and secondly dont you think that our opponents have twigged that crosses from Citys left flank to the far post will deliver a goal most games while noticing that very few goals are conceeded at Drurys/Chalrtons far post?  So our opponents target that particular cross exposing the weakness that I have been pointing out for weeks.

Fatmanfat - as far as the new signings are concerned I have no doubt that they are all better than our players from last season but simply have not met Worthys work ethic yet. 

What I have,  Eddy, Flem and Holt, all have in common?  We would work my guts out if picked to play for city, and my end product is just like theirs; not good enough for this club in the premiership.  Now you wont pick me, so why them?  Get the quality we have on the pitch.  On that basis our best 11 is

Green

Helveg   Shackell  Charlie      Drury

Jonson   Francis    Mullers(?) Bentley

Hux    Sven or Leon

Subs

Ward Safri Jarvis McVeigh Eddie (not quality but gives us defence options for injuries)

OTBC