Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Marlon Harewood on Loan????

Is this me being too ambitious if we were to try and lure him on loan for next season? I believe he still has it to be a great goalscorer in the championship. The biggest concern for me would be his wages though? Thoughts?

Quite rateable on his day.

But do we really want to go down the road of expensive loanees again (eg. Sibierski?.) A couple of sensible deals such as those which brought Forster or Evans to Carrow Road is enough for me.

The whole system is unpredictable, expensive and can destroy team morale. Once  (many times actually) bitten, twice shy.

Harewood might not be totally motivated, will probably be a bit full of himself and will likely spend a lot of the loan period on the injury list, and I would consider him one of the better prospects.

It would all cost a fortune.

I get the impression that Lambet uses the loan system if and only when necessary and not in the blanket way used by Roeder (and even Gunn.) 

For the older posters on here who remember my HE WILL COME thread. I foretold his arrival at city, okay, years ago, but he will come.

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Is this me being too ambitious if we were to try and lure him on loan for next season? I believe he still has it to be a great goalscorer in the championship. The biggest concern for me would be his wages though? Thoughts?[/quote]

Doesnt really matter what YOU think of him because youre not the one making that decision...

[quote user="NCFC91"]

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Is this me being too ambitious if we were to try and lure him on loan for next season? I believe he still has it to be a great goalscorer in the championship. The biggest concern for me would be his wages though? Thoughts?[/quote]

Doesnt really matter what YOU think of him because youre not the one making that decision...

[/quote]

So are you saying that as he can''t have an opinion on who he would like brought into the club he supports because he isn''t the one who makes the decision?

Imho we need to build a team for the future, supporting the team means so much more when the players we have are signed for the club on long contracts and it gives the management team stability too.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="NCFC91"]

[/quote]

So are you saying that as he can''t have an opinion on who he would like brought into the club he supports because he isn''t the one who makes the decision?

[/quote]

I didnt say he cant have an opinion, but there isnt much point in just plucking names out of the air, you could go on forever.

So OK, say the OP isnt being too ambitious, and he is a great goalscorer at Championship level, and to add to that his wages arent too high, so what? All i''m pointing out that he isnt going to be the one who makes that decision.