Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Carlisle at home - fancy dress - Paul Lambert Day

If you''re interested in fancy dress for the last game of the season at home to Carlisle then there is a campaign urging fans to go dressed as Paul Lambert.

All that is required is a black jumper, green polo shirt underneath with collar up, and black tracksuit bottoms tucked into football socks.

There''s even a facebook group - click here

I dont know the health ans safety implications but some lads near me want to get everyone dressed as stewards

[quote user="The Duke"]I dont know the health ans safety implications but some lads near me want to get everyone dressed as stewards[/quote]

Lot funnier than dressing as Lambert, how lame would that be?

Why not come dressed as Carlisle fans. help them out a bit.

We wouldn''t even be held back after the game either. Just put on a northern accent, act pig ignorant and claim to be champions of Europe.

[quote user="City1st"]Why not come dressed as Carlisle fans. help them out a bit. We wouldn''t even be held back after the game either. Just put on a northern accent, act pig ignorant and claim to be champions of Europe.[/quote]

Does this make sense to anyone?

[quote user="City1st"]Why not come dressed as Carlisle fans. help them out a bit. We wouldn''t even be held back after the game either. Just put on a northern accent, act pig ignorant and claim to be champions of Europe.[/quote]

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

Does this make sense to anyone?

[/quote]

Ooops! Bit of premature posting before.

It would appear that we have a bit of a "whoosh" moment.....

im getting dressed up in a tutu and legwarmers, you know, distract the carlisle players so we can thrash them. green and yellow or course :)

[quote user="Beauseant"]He isn''t saying they are. He''s simply referring to the lax treatment and arrogance of the Leeds fans.[/quote]

Oh. So what''s the point of saying dress up as Carlisle fans and then going on to describe Leeds fans? You say ''whoosh'' but I haven''t missed the joke, there just isn''t one. Fair enough, now I know.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]He isn''t saying they are. He''s simply referring to the lax treatment and arrogance of the Leeds fans.[/quote]

Oh. So what''s the point of saying dress up as Carlisle fans and then going on to describe Leeds fans? You say ''whoosh'' but I haven''t missed the joke, there just isn''t one. Fair enough, now I know.

[/quote]

There are two completely separate statements. He''s joking about bulking up Carlisle''s support and then using northerness as a link to  making an amusing reference to the behaviour of Leeds fans.

You asked me to explain the joke, I''ve taken the time to do so. If you don''t find it amusing, that''s fine.

Indeed - as I said, fair enough - and I''m grateful for the explanation. By the way, let''s not tar all northerners with the same brush. As is mentioned on another thread the Huddersfield fans seem a jolly nice lot. Do we have any reason to dislike Carlisle? I didn''t make the trek to the away game so don;t know anything about them.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]Indeed - as I said, fair enough - and I''m grateful for the explanation. By the way, let''s not tar all northerners with the same brush. As is mentioned on another thread the Huddersfield fans seem a jolly nice lot. Do we have any reason to dislike Carlisle? I didn''t make the trek to the away game so don;t know anything about them.[/quote]

No, I didn''t either, but by all accounts they were pleasant enough. To be honest most opposing supporters I''ve been in contact with this season have been pretty good (and the Stockport fans extremely witty) . Even the Charlton fans on saturday were generally  gracious (with the odd exception). I''ve found League One to be much friendlier than the Championship, but you''re right, not all northerners are the same, but I think that we''ll remember the Leeds crew for a long time. I just hope Huddersfield get them in the playoffs and stuff them!

I will just have to stick with painting my nails yellow and green and taking along my blow up yellow nana, I can''t dress like Paul Lambert, I have two things getting in the way lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I will just have to stick with painting my nails yellow and green and taking along my blow up yellow nana, I can''t dress like Paul Lambert, I have two things getting in the way lol[/quote]

Erm.... your hair and your bum?

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I will just have to stick with painting my nails yellow and green and taking along my blow up yellow nana, I can''t dress like Paul Lambert, I have two things getting in the way lol[/quote] Erm.... your hair and your bum?[/quote]

lol hmmmmmm [:#]