Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Don't Kid Yourself Phil!

Yes, Fraser Forster made a couple of excellent saves.....but so did the MK Dons and Tranmere keepers against us.

But, excepting a couple of top saves, the excellent Fraser was smiling and posing for the camera as he dived because anything with any venom was from distance and at a nice height.

Like other sides who play us; Charlton''s raised their game but this time we chose to defend and defend we did. We always score!

It is Parkinson''s job to big up his players for their run in but I honestly hope he isn''t kidding himself that all the possession we allowed his side transferred itself to Norwich hanging on for grim death. Yes, the situation was tense because of the reward but it appeared to me our defenders stood up well.

Norwich were not put into a defensive state by Charlton....they were playing to a plan to take out one of their desperate rivals and it paid huge dividends.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Yes, Fraser Forster made a couple of excellent saves.....but so did the MK Dons and Tranmere keepers against us. But, excepting a couple of top saves, the excellent Fraser was smiling and posing for the camera as he dived because anything with any venom was from distance and at a nice height. Like other sides who play us; Charlton''s raised their game but this time we chose to defend and defend we did. We always score! It is Parkinson''s job to big up his players for their run in but I honestly hope he isn''t kidding himself that all the possession we allowed his side transferred itself to Norwich hanging on for grim death. Yes, the situation was tense because of the reward but it appeared to me our defenders stood up well. Norwich were not put into a defensive state by Charlton....they were playing to a plan to take out one of their desperate rivals and it paid huge dividends.[/quote]

The save from Burton was exceptional, but I agree that he was pretty comfortable with the long range stuff. To be honest between Hughesy disallowed affort and the goal I thought we had them on the rack, so to say we had one shot was churlish. Did he forget Lappin''s 20 yarder that got the corner of Hughes flick just over the bar? As you say, we let them come on in the second half, but after that first 10-15 minutes of pressure I couldn''t see them breaching us. It was a perfect example of cutting your coat according to your cloth. We lacked some offensive weapons so we played the percentages.

RUDOLPH HUCKER" -Yes, Fraser Forster made a couple of excellent saves.....but so did the MK Dons and Tranmere keepers against us.

But, excepting a couple of top saves, the excellent Fraser was smiling and posing for the camera as he dived because anything with any venom was from distance and at a nice height.

Like other sides who play us; Charlton''s raised their game but this time we chose to defend and defend we did. We always score!

It is Parkinson''s job to big up his players for their run in but I honestly hope he isn''t kidding himself that all the possession we allowed his side transferred itself to Norwich hanging on for grim death. Yes, the situation was tense because of the reward but it appeared to me our defenders stood up well.

Norwich were not put into a defensive state by Charlton....they were playing to a plan to take out one of their desperate rivals and it paid huge dividends

Just a few days ago you were saying how you''d much rather be in Leeds'' or swindon''s position, now you''re acting like head cheerleader. Are you a City fan or now? This fair-weather approach is weak.

What a one eyed c**k!

Forster is the reason we''ve got promoted? Right Phil, so i guess 30 goals from Holt has nothing to do with it, or 20 from Chrissy or 15 odd from Hooly plus a hatful of assists. Being the highest scoring side in the division is irrelevant isn''t it. All you need to win the league is a good keeper isn''t that right Phil?

DELUDED KNOB!!