Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Who would you get rid of?

not gill or macdonald, i like their 1/2 entertainment! [;)]

macdonald has the speed in the championship and gill might be able to do sometheng if given tha chance!

Tudor Jones has been injured most of the season and is still only 23 so he may yet come good. macDonald i have my doubts about even at league 1 level but i think this coming season will make or break him at Norwich. all the others mentioned will probably be on their way. I feel a bit sorry for Gill he hasnt looked too bad when he has come on but i cannot see him breaking into the set up especially as i think we need to strengthen in that area

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Players in the summer to leave the club.

Mine would be:

Cureton, McVeigh, Tudor-Jones, Cody McDonald and Matt Gill.[/quote]Cody is probably on a very low wage compared to the others and has just signed a new contract so what is the point in getting rid of him?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]OTJ, Gill, Nelson, McVeigh, Whiggins, Rose. [/quote]

Why Nelson??? He deserves a go in the championship as he has been quite a large part of our winning team. Would like to keep Wiggins to, then we wouldn''t need to buy cover.

[quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]OTJ, Gill, Nelson, McVeigh, Whiggins, Rose. [/quote]

Why Nelson??? He deserves a go in the championship as he has been quite a large part of our winning team. Would like to keep Wiggins to, then we wouldn''t need to buy cover.

[/quote]

The OP did not ask for reasons!

Basically I think the standard is that much higher in the champs.  Nelson has done his core role well - limited with the ball at his feet but he has been a formidable admirable barrier against primarily equally limited strikers.

Doc has been head an shoulders above all strikers and also other central defenders in  this league.  But we know he struggles far more in the champs than he does here - and nothing I have seen suggests that either Nelson or Askou can step up.   I keep askou because I think he is the better of the two.  Whitbread worries me because we have not seen him play.

Wiggins?  Lambert has sent him out and brought another left back in - suggests he wont be here next year.

Think you''re right about Wiggins, and despite what I''d like to do with him all indications seem to point towards lambert geeting rid of him- especially with Bournemouth now in a position to make an offer. I definately think we should keep Nelson- at least until January next year- if he doesn''t work in the championship fine bench him, or terminate his contract but I think it''s unfair to right a player off when you haven''t seen them in the Championship.

I think Nelson deserves his shot at the Championship.

Even if he wasn''t good enough to make the grade as a regular first choice player I think we''d struggle to find a better defender to have on the bench.

As for the fringe players...I guess it depends on whether we can find a taker for them/whether they want to leave. For example, is Matt Gill likely to want to move on at this stage of his career after just a year at the club?