Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Thank you Bryan Gunn

For signing Holt and Nelson....without whom we would never have been promoted.

*has dangled the carrot and waiting to see who bites!* :p

and whilst we''re at it......

Thanks to Grant Holt and Michael Nelson for not turning up on the opening day of the season allowing us to get beat 7-1 and the rest, as they say is history.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

For signing Holt and Nelson....without whom we would never have been promoted.

*has dangled the carrot and waiting to see who bites!* :p

[/quote]

thanks bryan if we still had you as manager we would be going into league 2

Hahaha, "thanks Bryan". An absolute disaster as manager. His comment after we lost 7-1 "we are very proud of the steward system we have here at the club".

Yes, he signed Holt - hardly a risky signing, has always scored goals. Nelson was a good solid centre half before he came to Norwich, no surprise there either.

You forget Theo, Mcveigh, Tudor-Jones, Maric etc.

Can''t believe people are now giving Gunn credit for that defeat. Knowing Gunn though, he''d accept any praise for anything.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Hahaha, "thanks Bryan". An absolute disaster as manager. His comment after we lost 7-1 "we are very proud of the steward system we have here at the club". Yes, he signed Holt - hardly a risky signing, has always scored goals. Nelson was a good solid centre half before he came to Norwich, no surprise there either. You forget Theo, Mcveigh, Tudor-Jones, Maric etc. Can''t believe people are now giving Gunn credit for that defeat. Knowing Gunn though, he''d accept any praise for anything.[/quote]wooooshh...we have a winner[:|]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Hahaha, "thanks Bryan". An absolute disaster as manager. His comment after we lost 7-1 "we are very proud of the steward system we have here at the club". Yes, he signed Holt - hardly a risky signing, has always scored goals. Nelson was a good solid centre half before he came to Norwich, no surprise there either. You forget Theo, Mcveigh, Tudor-Jones, Maric etc. Can''t believe people are now giving Gunn credit for that defeat. Knowing Gunn though, he''d accept any praise for anything.[/quote]

Come to the front of the room and collect your prize [:D] 

[quote user="UEA Canary"]thanks to the fans, for whom without the rebate money, the club would never have signed holt[/quote]

and the fans employers who gave them the money so they didn''t need the rebate!

People conveniently forget the 4-0 drubbing we administered to Yeovil a few days later.

Fact is, he still had the foresight to bring in the players he did. Plus, he gave players like Martin and Spillane a chance to come back and prove themselves, not to mention giving acadamey youngsters like Smith a chance. Did Grant or Roeder really do a much better job with some of the players they had at times?

And the vast majority of you actually doubted Lambert when he came in. I for one did not, and I wouldn''t change a thing about what he''s done for us this season. But the Gunn bashing is getting thin now.

"The Gunn bashing is getting thin now" - unlike Gunn himself. Jokes aside - *Superflash* - The 4-0 victory over Yeovil makes no difference to me at all, and obviously didn''t make any difference to David McNally either as Gunn eventually got what he deserved.

Whether people say it was the right or wrong thing to do, Gunn proved how serious he was about being a manager after leaving Norwich. He now sells mobile phones, so he wasn''t that serious about having a future in football was he? Makes the decision to put him in the hot seat even more ridiculous now.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Hahaha, "thanks Bryan". An absolute disaster as manager. His comment after we lost 7-1 "we are very proud of the steward system we have here at the club". Yes, he signed Holt - hardly a risky signing, has always scored goals. Nelson was a good solid centre half before he came to Norwich, no surprise there either. You forget Theo, Mcveigh, Tudor-Jones, Maric etc. Can''t believe people are now giving Gunn credit for that defeat. Knowing Gunn though, he''d accept any praise for anything.[/quote]

Was the stewarding even that good? They managed to get from the snake pit to the dugouts after all!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]"The Gunn bashing is getting thin now" - unlike Gunn himself. Jokes aside - *Superflash* - The 4-0 victory over Yeovil makes no difference to me at all, and obviously didn''t make any difference to David McNally either as Gunn eventually got what he deserved.

Whether people say it was the right or wrong thing to do, Gunn proved how serious he was about being a manager after leaving Norwich. He now sells mobile phones, so he wasn''t that serious about having a future in football was he? Makes the decision to put him in the hot seat even more ridiculous now.[/quote]

To be fair, there''s not many people who''d give him a job after the 7-1 loss. Plus, he was an employee at Norwich for years and he''s said himself he couldn''t imagine working for another club.

Sure, the 4-0 didn''t make a bit of difference and I for one am glad McNally took the action he did. I just don''t think Gunn needs to be repeatedly bashed when in actual fact, if it was Reoder or Grant, we''d be almost certainly be far worse off.

Thank you Bryan Gunn.Lambert wanted Holt at Colchester anyway but couldn''t afford him. You can''t honestly think we wouldn''t be promoted now without Nelson? Korey Smith played against Charlton but didn''t really look like starting under Bryan Gunn at the start of the season. I think it was Crook/Lambert that brought him in.Thanks for wasting money on Gill, Tudur Jones, Theoklitos, Whaley etc. Thanks for getting us relegated when we weren''t in the relegation zone when you took over

It''s probably a blessing in disguise that we did go down because we got McNally and Lambert. I agreed that Roeder should have been sacked when he was, but I do think he would have kept us up, even though he was a total p***k.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]It''s probably a blessing in disguise that we did go down because we got McNally and Lambert. I agreed that Roeder should have been sacked when he was, but I do think he would have kept us up, even though he was a total p***k.[/quote]

I totally disagree- he needed to be fired, especially afte we were beaten by Charlton, a team who hadnt won for something like 12 matches. Glenn would have definately got us relegated- it annoys me when I see people blaming Gunn for our relegation, with the squad of players we had we had no chance. I''m not trying to defend Gunn, he wasn''t a good manager but seriously people are to harsh to him- what he didn''t do for us last season/the start of this season he had surely already made up for in helpin us to one of the most succesful periods in our history in the nineties- he should be remembered for that.

Thanks Gunny for having a hot daughter who will accept a friend request from anyone on Facebook and for teaching her how to use a camera to take holiday snaps of herself in bikini''s that i can plesure myself over daily [;)]

this of course is a joke and i am in no way a stalker of Mellisa or panties off the washing line stealer, thank you [:O]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

Thanks Gunny for having a hot daughter who will accept a friend request from anyone on Facebook and for teaching her how to use a camera to take holiday snaps of herself in bikini''s that i can plesure myself over daily [;)]

this of course is a joke and i am in no way a stalker of Mellisa or panties off the washing line stealer, thank you [:O]

[/quote]

You''re lucky Cam isn''t here any longer [;)][:P]

the serious bit first..Gunn was totally out of his depth; anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves; secondly, with Gunn in charge we certainly wouldnt be going up automatically!..but thirdly..we should be happy, see the funny side...

Without the Col Utd debacle the club may would not have been able to orchestrate such a rewmarkable turnaround, and have the ammunition quickly enough to bite the bullet & implement changes that had been neede for 3 years...

However, we''vwe got away with it; we''ll cme back stronger than before, so no more sour grapes with Gunny please.

Even i, one of his biggest critics, wouldnt begrudge a little, Bryan Gunn chant coming out of the barclay on saturday...all together now...

Bryan Gunn, Bryan Gunn, Bryan Bryan Gunn!

Memo to self:

Proof read before posting...the above post looks like its been written by a GCSE GRADE F English Student!

[quote user="Huddy "]the serious bit first..Gunn was totally out of his depth; anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves; secondly, with Gunn in charge we certainly wouldnt be going up automatically!..but thirdly..we should be happy, see the funny side... Without the Col Utd debacle the club may would not have been able to orchestrate such a rewmarkable turnaround, and have the ammunition quickly enough to bite the bullet & implement changes that had been neede for 3 years... However, we''vwe got away with it; we''ll cme back stronger than before, so no more sour grapes with Gunny please. Even i, one of his biggest critics, wouldnt begrudge a little, Bryan Gunn chant coming out of the barclay on saturday...all together now... Bryan Gunn, Bryan Gunn, Bryan Bryan Gunn![/quote]

Totally agree with that.. but maybe not the spelling! [:D]

Can I add my thanks to Stavros for that dodgy kebab I had on Saturday night? Although I was sick as a dog for two and a half days I feel much better now so thanks for making me feel better Stavros.