Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Parade / civic reception

Do you think we''ll have one this time? I hope so as last time it turned into one of the best nights out in Norwich I''ve ever had. But I get the feeling it might not be Lambert''s kind of thing as we shouldn''t be celebrating getting back to where we should have been in the first place, if you see what I mean. Should we regard this as only the begining of greater success and not celebrate getting out of a crappy league, or should we just go nuts and have a party? I vote for party, we don''t get many excuses to celebrate.

I think they may put on a civic reception at City Hall,but maybe parade through the streets would be a bit OTT.I can''t see anything like the amount of people turning out in the City as did in 2004,but who knows?

I think there should be. For players like Nelson they have performed incredibly well and it is the highlight of their careers so far. They deserve to be rewarded for it. Plus its not as if teams that get relegated from the championship just waltz back up a year later. This year Charlton and Southampton could well be spending another year in league. The year before that Colchester couldnt get back at the first attempt and the year before that Leeds, Southend and Luton did''nt exactly prosper either. So fair play to the boys for getting us back. Great achievement.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]I think there should be. For players like Nelson they have performed incredibly well and it is the highlight of their careers so far. They deserve to be rewarded for it. Plus its not as if teams that get relegated from the championship just waltz back up a year later. This year Charlton and Southampton could well be spending another year in league. The year before that Colchester couldnt get back at the first attempt and the year before that Leeds, Southend and Luton did''nt exactly prosper either. So fair play to the boys for getting us back. Great achievement.[/quote]Here here!Some of these players may/probably won''t ever have the opportunity again.I heard the muppets phoning in to Radio Norfolk today saying things like, "They only did what they''re paid to do..." and I was so bloody angry.We have won the league, with a league one team. If we had come down here with Hucks, Svensson, McKenzie and other people from our prem season, it would have been expected. However, we didn''t have them and we scrapped and played some beautiful football and showed that we really are too good for this league (unlike Leeds).Parade on you yellahs!

Exactly! It has been amazing achievement, we have had to battle and we have done so when other clubs that think they''re on a par with us couldn''t!I heard David McNally say that he wants to do something for the fans so a civic reception at the City Hall is most likely.

12 months ago this Club was up the proverbial Creek without a paddle, the turnaround in fortune has been massive and should be recognised. I don''t think any team we''ve had for a number of years would have competed in this League the way this years team has done or indeed that any team prior to this one since relegation from the Prem would have cared or battled enough to see the promotion through. Any parade or celebration has been duly earned IMO look at Leeds fortunes if you think getting out this League is easy when you''re a big club playing below your standard class.

[quote user="GUcanary"]Exactly! It has been amazing achievement, we have had to battle and we have done so when other clubs that think they''re on a par with us couldn''t!

I heard David McNally say that he wants to do something for the fans so a civic reception at the City Hall is most likely.
[/quote]

I think he said it would be down to the fans, however his preference was a civic reception as winning leagues ect does not come along often and everyone should enjoy the occassion.

I have up until recently thought no, but I have changed my opinion agreeing with posters on here. The likes of Nelson deserve the regocnition, and this club has come so far in 1 year, these guys have probably saved our club, cant beleive if we were not promoted this year we would not have had administration as the only option. Imagine that pressure for McNally, Lambert and this group of players that I really beleive are Norwich through and through.   

hell yeah, its a big achievement worth celebrating............. and also i couldnt make the last one in 2004 as i was in hospital having a knee op so this would help make up for missing that one

I think we should.

Only 4 professional teams win title''s each season in England and with us about to be 1 of them we should make the most of it. We are going to win only our second trophy since 2004. Also, like others have said several teams struggled to get out of this league - QPR, Sheff Wed and Forest, and we know about Leeds. Possibly Charlton as well will not be getting an instant promotion back. Then people like Nelson, Holt, Johnson, Forster, Smith, C Martin etc they deserve credit and it will be highlight of their career too they deserve every bit of credit they get. Like they did deserve critiscism for last season.

I think we should, but McNally and Lambert should be invited, and Delia and MWJ shouldn''t be invited or allowed to watch it on BBC Look East.  In fact Delia and MWJ should be put under house arrest in Stowmarket for the duration. [8o|]

Absolutely not.  Anything other than promotion this season would have been a failure.

Overdoing it now will just draw everyone''s attention away from the real challenge, which is the next 12 months.

We have 2 home games left - use them to celebrate if you must but remeber, you are celebrating the fact that we failed miserably last season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think we should, but McNally and Lambert should be invited, and Delia and MWJ shouldn''t be invited or allowed to watch it on BBC Look East.  In fact Delia and MWJ should be put under house arrest in Stowmarket for the duration.
 [8o|]

[/quote]

Good point Mister. But it''s our right that they pay for it before they aren''t allowed to take part[:@]

I think we should, these players havent faught to get us back where we belong, only to find the fans arent grateful for what they have done! We have had team this season which  has faught for the cause, how long ago since we had that??? For that reason, the players deserve it! Imagine if holt scored a goal, then just walked back to the halfway line without celebrating with the rest of the team, just because he is in league 1 and he "should be in the championship"? We would all go mental!!!

We have won a title in a professional league, that in itself merits a civic reception. Everyone will be up for a party, every bit as good as as the last one, just a shame I won''t be able to make it.