Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Football League Show - Tonight !!!

Am i right in thinking we''re the main game on Football league show tonight ? Lets hope its something worth watching for us all !!!

Should secure us one minute of highlights and five minutes of Claridge chatting rubbish about Charlton! Dreadful programme, dreadful presenters, just a real shame there is no other League coverage on a Saturday.[:@]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Worst bit is the plonkers who read out the texts etc. How did they ever get that job ?[/quote]That is dreadful! Who cares what some plonker from Barnsley thinks? Save the time and...of I don''t know...show some football highlights!

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Should secure us one minute of highlights and five minutes of Claridge chatting rubbish about Charlton! Dreadful programme, dreadful presenters, just a real shame there is no other League coverage on a Saturday.[:@][/quote]Yeah, the coverage was great before BBC came along [:S]  Watching Sky sports news as they came in, waiting a few days for the football league highlights programme.Now we have highlights of all 72 teams on the same day, also provided on their website as well. Pretty much every club moans about their supposed lack of coverage, strange that we do seeing as though only three games (I believe?) have been game of the week from league one, two of which involved us...

It was all Charlton the second half but who gives a shat.

I quite like the football league show, what I can''t stand is that late kick off twaddle, extended highlights? nope, how about a woman who like cardboard cut outs of darren eadie, or a feature on hucks, who is brilliant, but has been done about 2 years ago, and archant keep telling us how much he loves norwich!!!I''ll watch the goal, then enjoy the final whistle over and over again! my guess is the wife will go to bed!!

I thought the coverage this week was good.

Overall I think the show is pretty good remember they have 80 mins to fit in 36 games. Sure the championship is going to get the bigger proportion as it''s the higher league much as in league two all they do is show the goals.

I remember in the early 90''s when we used to be on Match of the Day and all teams used to play on Saturday alot of the time then for some of the other matches all they used to show was the goals.

At the end this is the best coverage on TV we''ve ever had but people still complain. I do agree however about the texts and emails there''s phone in shows for that rubbish.

Davo

Agreed, if they got rid of the texts, and got someone far less irritating than that balding man going round the grounds it be better. But for me its a good show, and the fact its on the same day is even better. We have been game of the week three times, cant be many other teams in the football league that can rival that!

Was wondering that - particularly as the commentator made several references to Hughes which didn''t make that much sense without knowing he''d had a goal disallowed....would have only taken 10 secs to show and could have been shown at the expense of a Charlton miss!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Was wondering that - particularly as the commentator made several references to Hughes which didn''t make that much sense without knowing he''d had a goal disallowed....would have only taken 10 secs to show and could have been shown at the expense of a Charlton miss![/quote]Mentioned the exact same thing to my other half! Think the commentator said something along the lines of "Hughes is having an eventful game", even though there had been no reference at all to Hughes previously.Oh well, more air-time next season perhaps?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Was wondering that - particularly as the commentator made several references to Hughes which didn''t make that much sense without knowing he''d had a goal disallowed....would have only taken 10 secs to show and could have been shown at the expense of a Charlton miss![/quote]Mentioned the exact same thing to my other half! Think the commentator said something along the lines of "Hughes is having an eventful game", even though there had been no reference at all to Hughes previously.Oh well, more air-time next season perhaps?[/quote]More air time? No one else will get more than us tonight.. They have to fit in 72 teams, unfortuaently they wont get everything in. I guess they wanted all the Forster saves so they could make a big point of it in the discussion afterwards. Im assuming that if it was wrongly disallowed they might have shown it, as it might have been a talking point.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A pity - maybe it''ll be on the website Monday.  Would like to see it again as I wasn''t convinced it was offside at the time.  Weird thing to miss out.[/quote]Commentator on the live stream reckoned it was offside, my pictures had died so couldnt tell!

To be fair, I think the Beeb have done a far better job with the League coverage than ITV''s effort of previous seasons....it''s on a bit late but just lose the daft e-mail slot and it is a decent effort. We''ve certainly had more coverage than I thought we''d get this season.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]A pity - maybe it''ll be on the website Monday.  Would like to see it again as I wasn''t convinced it was offside at the time.  Weird thing to miss out.[/quote]Commentator on the live stream reckoned it was offside, my pictures had died so couldnt tell![/quote]Wasnt far off if it was offside, I had my doubts.

I agree with that.  It''s a decent effort.  The email stuff is nonsense of course but the coverage is pretty good.  I think it''s harsh when people criticise the coverage we get as they do have to cover 72 clubs in one programme.

The most important question is, how the f*ck did that Rochdale fan get such a massive dent in his forehead? You could have parked your bike in it.

I thought they gave us a pretty good show. It was worth while staying up for. Some nice shots of the fans and the empty stands. Glad Charlton shot themselves in the foot. Might have even ncouraged our boys in their efforts do you think?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Pretty good but wonder why they didn''t show Hughes'' disallowed goal.
[/quote]

I wondered that as well. maybe it will be on the Canaries World hightlights later. Good to see you at half time yesterday.