Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

D Day

not to put a dampener on the euphoria of promotion.If the verdict go against usA: can they deduct points this season?B; can they deduct point to start with for the next season?As said above, according to Mr.Mcnally at the agm, we have done nothing wrong. I hope this is the case

[quote user="lordyfan"]not to put a dampener on the euphoria of promotion.If the verdict go against usA: can they deduct points this season?B; can they deduct point to start with for the next season?As said above, according to Mr.Mcnally at the agm, we have done nothing wrong. I hope this is the case[/quote]I am sure they can do anything they like, but its more about the precedent they would set. Lets face it, probably every manager who has got a new job has technically been tapped up in some way, phone calls are made and options discussed. I would be extremely surprised if the outcome was anything other than a fine.

All valid points. I am applying common sense here (dangerous as it is the FA and the Football League involved) but surely you would not let a team celebrate promotion and get the banners out only to deduct them points about a week later. What the team can continue to do though, is to frankly kick ass like they have all season and make a deduction irrelevant.

This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

All valid points. I am applying common sense here (dangerous as it is the FA and the Football League involved) but surely you would not let a team celebrate promotion and get the banners out only to deduct them points about a week later. What the team can continue to do though, is to frankly kick ass like they have all season and make a deduction irrelevant.

[/quote]I agree, it would make the football league look a bit stupid, as they have had all season to sort this out, and could have quite easily done so but chose not to. Perhaps to give time for the dust to settle and Mr Cowling to stop trying to whip it up into some sort of David and Goliath story.Colchester have actually gone on to have a fairly decent season themselves considering their squad so their gripe is played down somewhat.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]

Well the sight of Sports Desk Pete doing that would at least soften the blow slightly if the worst happened! But there is no way that it will happen. Cowling effectively conceded that Lambert would never manage Colchester again the minute he let him talk to us and he knows it.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]Says in the story " A two-day hearing will begin on Monday, after which a final judgement is

set to

be reached."I suppose that could be read in one of two ways, I was reading it that they would reach a decision immediately.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]

I was reading it that they would reach a decision immediately.
[/quote]

This is the Football League we''re talking about here...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]I was reading it that they would reach a decision immediately.[/quote]

This is the Football League we''re talking about here...

[/quote]Lol, point taken.[:)]

Good lets get this out of the way. Pay a small fine if we really have too then Cowling can shut the hell up for at least a year or hopefully more. A lot more.

Bring back the PROPER derby.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

I agree, it would make the football league look a bit stupid, as they have had all season to sort this out, and could have quite easily done so but chose not to. Perhaps to give time for the dust to settle and Mr Cowling to stop trying to whip it up into some sort of David and Goliath story.

Colchester have actually gone on to have a fairly decent season themselves considering their squad so their gripe is played down somewhat.

[/quote]

Although their form since January has been pretty alarming and nearer relegation form than it is promotion. Could it be that Bothroyd was initially riding along on the coatails of Lambert''s excellent pre season preparations (apparently he kept them behind for 2/3 weeks after last season finished to work on fitness etc). So now you are seeing the real Aidy Bothroyd.

Having said all this it would surely be counterproductive for team morale if Colchester admitted their current manager is rubbish and not as good as the old one.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]I agree, it would make the football league look a bit stupid, as they have had all season to sort this out, and could have quite easily done so but chose not to. Perhaps to give time for the dust to settle and Mr Cowling to stop trying to whip it up into some sort of David and Goliath story.Colchester have actually gone on to have a fairly decent season themselves considering their squad so their gripe is played down somewhat.

[/quote]

Although their form since January has been pretty alarming and nearer relegation form than it is promotion. Could it be that Bothroyd was initially riding along on the coatails of Lambert''s excellent pre season preparations (apparently he kept them behind for 2/3 weeks after last season finished to work on fitness etc). So now you are seeing the real Aidy Bothroyd.

Having said all this it would surely be counterproductive for team morale if Colchester admitted their current manager is rubbish and not as good as the old one.

[/quote]Agreed.Also McNally is a shrewd operator and I''m sure would have done everything above board, fully expecting Colchester to kick up a fuss.By "above board" I obviously mean being sly enough to remain in a grey area where nothing can be really proved either way.[:)]

Far be it from me to dispute the validity of info from Archant or the FA, but this is clearly a fabrication as Wiz has already assured us that "a deal has been done dependent upon promotion".

Can I please urge all of you to ignore these sensationalist scaremongers and look to Lowestoft for the real stories from someone with their finger on the pulse......[:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Far be it from me to dispute the validity of info from Archant or the FA, but this is clearly a fabrication as Wiz has already assured us that "a deal has been done dependent upon promotion".

Can I please urge all of you to ignore these sensationalist scaremongers and look to Lowestoft for the real stories from someone with their finger on the pulse......[:P]

[/quote]Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that lol.[:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Oct 18th 2009.......... ''City will finish in top 2''......Wiz.

Now THAT IS finger on the pulse![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Oct 18th 2009.......... ''City will finish in top 2''......Wiz.

Now THAT IS finger on the pulse![;)]

[/quote]

Even a broken watch is right twice a day Wiz, but I''ll give you that one[;)]

I suppose if you make enough speculations and guesses, just by the law of averages, you''re going to get one right sooner or later.[:)]

No offence Wiz but didn''t you also say we were going into administartion, if you make enough assertions surely some will be right?

[quote user="Rivvo"]No offence Wiz but didn''t you also say we were going into administartion, if you make enough assertions surely some will be right?[/quote]

None taken Rivvo.

But I made my prediction after watching our defeat at Leeds and the evidence was plain to see, we were a ruddy good side.

On admin I was completely and utterly wrong, and failed to interpret correctly the evidence I had.

On the Col Who compo farce, this was based on their own fans opinion, so blame them!

Phew, did I get away with it?

I find it hard to believe this case is over 2 days .

Surely anything that needs to be said from either side from cant take any more than a few minutes....!!!

"we asked you if we could talk to Lambert"

you replied "yes"...end of..!!!

If there was any chance of being deducted points we would have settled when McNally and Delia were spotted in Colchester a few months ago. I would suggest that Cowling was still making unreasonable demands and McNally told him to get stuffed. Colchesters season was messed up by the idiot Cowling making so much of one game, and after that 5 - 0 drubbing their season fell apart.

Providing we get at least a point on Saturday ( although I expect 3 ) the players celebrations will show there is no chance of a points deduction.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]Err Pete? You also said Gunn would never get the City job![;)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]This is, of course, only the hearing - the result of which could take weeks, and if it was a points deduction I would buy a very large hat and eat it.[/quote]

Then again how funny would it be were we to win the league by nine points, and the FL decide a six point deduction was our only punishment.