Sign in to follow this  

Thank you to those supporters...

...who kept faith with the club despite a truly horrible few seasons, and chose not to claim their season ticket rebate. It''s been well publicised that this money, along with the generous contribution of Michael Foulger, facilitated the signing of Grant Holt without whom we would probably be in Leeds'' position, or worse.Nothing against those who chose to claim - I can fully understand why those in difficult circumstances took the rebate to which they were entitled, but I genuinely feel those who didn''t have contributed massively to our success this season. Take a bow and enjoy the atmosphere next Saturday as we seal the title at Carrow Road!

Cheers.I didn''t take mine, but it wasn''t really my decision so I gotta thank my Daddy. [:)]

I completely agree, quite why people think that taking money out of the club in order to remove Delia et al from the board was the best way forward I don''t know. Hopefully those people are feeling a little foolish now...

I took my rebate. I stand by my decision. Do we need reminding that at the time it was on offer, Bryan Gunn was (ludicrously) our manager?

People who took it are no less of a fan than those who didn''t. By having a little bit of extra cash, I was personally able to make more home games than originally possible - given it''s a good 12 hour round trip.

But hey...I''m not a true fan eh?

I claimed my rebate only as i was a college student with no money coming in, plus my dad was redundant at the time so i didnt take the money as an act against Delia. anyway, even if people have only been to one or two games this year, surely everyone needs a clap for help filling a 25000 seater stadium in League 1 every week.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]I took my rebate. I stand by my decision. Do we need reminding that at the time it was on offer, Bryan Gunn was (ludicrously) our manager?

People who took it are no less of a fan than those who didn''t. By having a little bit of extra cash, I was personally able to make more home games than originally possible - given it''s a good 12 hour round trip.

But hey...I''m not a true fan eh?[/quote]

Here Here - I took my rebate also. My reasoning for taking it was that it was a contract I entered into and I believe that it should have been honoured. Not a case of trying to get rid of Delia (why oh why do people keep having a go at her? What short memories they have and also how many of them in her position would plough the money in that she has?) or of getting at the board but merely an agreement that had been made. How many times have agreements been made by the club and not honoured (EG Chase - if Sutton is not here next season I won''t be either!)

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Not sure you can take a pop at those who took the rebate when they''ve ploughed money into the club for years for it to be wasted.[/quote]I think I just did... you pay to watch the team you support play football, you don''t pay for success. Otherwise we''d all support Man United or Chelsea? As the original poster said, it''s not a dig at people who for whatever financial reasons required the extra cash, but at those who did it out of spite to prove a point.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Claimed mine too - nothing to do with the board, I just needed a new pair of shoes.[/quote]Nothing wrong with that. They comfy? [:)]

A bit like my mate Ryan, i had to claim the extra few quid out of circumstances,However, it''s nothing more than we deserve, we''ve put up for rubbish for long enough.But now, it loos like we''re back in business.Onwards and upwards, OTBC

[quote user="Norwich MP"]I completely agree, quite why people think that taking money out of the club in order to remove Delia et al from the board was the best way forward I don''t know. Hopefully those people are feeling a little foolish now...[/quote]

I did''nt feel foolish then and I most certainly don''t now. Those of us who claimed the refund offer did so for a variety of reasons. Personally, I feel the majority (over 60% from memory) who took the refund sent a very clear message to the Boad that they had no confidence in the bunch of amateurs who had been running the club for several years. I believe the refund issue was one of the factors that finally made The Smiths sit up and small the coffee. Ditto the meeting at St. Andrews Hall. Sure the Board will deny until their last breath that the decisions had anything whatsoever to do with ''the natives''. Events have proved that ''the natives'' have been proved correct I believe.

It''s those people who blindly followed The Smiths in all their decision making who should be feeling ''a little foolish now''. If they had held sway there would have been no McNally, no new manager and (quite possibly) no promotion!!  

[quote user="Norwich MP"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Not sure you can take a pop at those who took the rebate when they''ve ploughed money into the club for years for it to be wasted.[/quote]I think I just did... you pay to watch the team you support play football, you don''t pay for success. Otherwise we''d all support Man United or Chelsea? As the original poster said, it''s not a dig at people who for whatever financial reasons required the extra cash, but at those who did it out of spite to prove a point.[/quote]So you''d happily give money to a regime that has failed and wasted money for years without hesitation?The new regime has proved itself and i''m sure many who took the money last summer wouldn''t do so now because they have a regime they can trust with the money.

Then why renew your season ticket atall? Was it not

stated that the extra cash would be spent on players?

There''s really no need for people come on here and start justifying why

they took their rebate because who really cares? It just seems a lot of people saw it as an opportunity to take something out of the club when it needed it most, surely a letter to the board is a better way of sending a message?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Norwich MP"]I completely agree, quite why people think that taking money out of the club in order to remove Delia et al from the board was the best way forward I don''t know. Hopefully those people are feeling a little foolish now...[/quote]

I did''nt feel foolish then and I most certainly don''t now. Those of us who claimed the refund offer did so for a variety of reasons. Personally, I feel the majority (over 60% from memory) who took the refund sent a very clear message to the Boad that they had no confidence in the bunch of amateurs who had been running the club for several years. I believe the refund issue was one of the factors that finally made The Smiths sit up and small the coffee. Ditto the meeting at St. Andrews Hall. Sure the Board will deny until their last breath that the decisions had anything whatsoever to do with ''the natives''. Events have proved that ''the natives'' have been proved correct I believe.

It''s those people who blindly followed The Smiths in all their decision making who should be feeling ''a little foolish now''. If they had held sway there would have been no McNally, no new manager and (quite possibly) no promotion!!  

[/quote]

What he said [B]

[quote user="Norwich MP"]Then why renew your season ticket atall? Was it not

they took their rebate because who really cares? It just seems a lot of people saw it as an opportunity to take something out of the club when it needed it most, surely a letter to the board is a better way of sending a message?
[/quote]Agree with that - there are various opportunities to get your thoughts across, ranging from letters through to supporters'' forums, through to a verbal protest or even something as radical as not renewing your season ticket if you had that little faith in the board. I fail to see how a rebate that was a small percentage of the cost of the season ticket, achieved anything other than to starve the club of vital income, especially when the money was matched and put directly into the player budget. Needless to say, many people were happy with the signing Gunn had made over the summer, so obviously had faith in the scouting network at this time.It is a fair point that this may have been the straw that broke the camel''s back in terms of the Smiths getting McNally in, although I doubt we will never know this for sure. People are, of course, free to do what they want with their money, but my point was simply that people who didn''t take their rebate have directly funded our likely Player of the Season. Nobody wants to pay over the odds for third division football (although perhaps this has something to do with why Leeds are still stuck in this division), but thankfully those that have have probably been the difference between playoffs and automatic promotion this season.

[quote user="Norwich MP"]Then why renew your season ticket atall? Was it not

[/quote]Send a letter? are you taking the pish?Clearly there is a need for people to come on here and justify,as the OP has raised this issue (unnecessarily in my opinion,presumably because he or she is feeling superior).People did what they felt was right at the time,for whatever reason.GET OVER IT!

I took mine to state a point that I wasn''t happy to pay that much to watch a team fielded by a manager I had no faith in as a football manager.

There''s two sides to each story, but yes you are all better fans than those who took their rebate. God bless you all, the saviours of our fine football club.

[quote user="jeagle"]

I took mine to state a point that I wasn''t happy to pay that much to watch a team fielded by a manager I had no faith in as a football manager.

There''s two sides to each story, but yes you are all better fans than those who took their rebate. God bless you all, the saviours of our fine football club.

[/quote]Thanks, it''s nice you''ve seen the errors of your ways. It''s nice to be appreciated.

The board offered the rebate in the first place. So they can''t really complain when people took it. I didn''t take the rebate but I think the people who did were perfectly entitled to do so.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Norwich MP"]Then why renew your season ticket atall? Was it not stated that the extra cash would be spent on players?

There''s really no need for people come on here and start justifying why they took their rebate because who really cares? It just seems a lot of people saw it as an opportunity to take something out of the club when it needed it most, surely a letter to the board is a better way of sending a message?
[/quote]

Agree with that - there are various opportunities to get your thoughts across, ranging from letters through to supporters'' forums, through to a verbal protest or even something as radical as not renewing your season ticket if you had that little faith in the board. I fail to see how a rebate that was a small percentage of the cost of the season ticket, achieved anything other than to starve the club of vital income, especially when the money was matched and put directly into the player budget. Needless to say, many people were happy with the signing Gunn had made over the summer, so obviously had faith in the scouting network at this time.

It is a fair point that this may have been the straw that broke the camel''s back in terms of the Smiths getting McNally in, although I doubt we will never know this for sure. People are, of course, free to do what they want with their money, but my point was simply that people who didn''t take their rebate have directly funded our likely Player of the Season. Nobody wants to pay over the odds for third division football (although perhaps this has something to do with why Leeds are still stuck in this division), but thankfully those that have have probably been the difference between playoffs and automatic promotion this season.
[/quote]

What an absolute load of pretentious codswallop!

The paying fans had just watched an inept manager take the club to the lowest point for 50 years . Lead in no little way by a board that had proved over many years a disaster.

Those fans were entitled,by the clubs own statement to get the money they had "over paid" refunded. That point alone and the numbers that did perhaps shook the complacency of those concerned.

To then say those who didn''t funded Holt is also disengenuous as it could have funded Gunns/Doncasters pay off or the funding of the other crap that Gunn brought in.

Stop trying to heap praise on yourself when attitudes like yours lead to the situation we were in.

The true fans stood up for what was right and that stance forced the necessary changes. The majority at St Andrews Hall can''t all have been wrong.

I didn''t need the rebate. I didn''t need a new pair of shoes, money for the gas meter or any of the thousand and one reasons why people did take it. But I took it.I took it because I was fed up to the back teeth with the year after year antics of the clowns who''d been in charge of the club I love. I took it because the clowns that made bad decision after bad decision year after year culminated in the club I love being humiliatingly relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in 49 years. I took it because I wasn''t prepared to trust the clowns who had the cheek to ask me to bail them out after the complete pig''s ear they''d made of the whole thing.To those saintly people on here who coughed up the readies to buy Grant Holt - allegedly - by all means feel smug if you must but you won''t see me on any guilt trip. Around two thirds of season ticket holders who claimed their cash felt the same at the time and I hope they all feel the same now.At last, probably more by luck than judgement, the owners have ended up with really good people under them, and, not before time I can see some real hope at NCFC.Of course this unspeakable '' crime '' I''ve committed may well come to bite me on the bum at the Day of Reckoning. As I line up to face St Peter at the Pearly Gates he may well decide that as I trousered my wedge I''ll have to go downstairs.I''ll have to take my chances on that one.......

I took my rebate too and don''t see why I should have to justify why I made that decision.

Thanks to all of those people that took the rebate and made the board realise we''d had enough with failure. Thanks to those people, Delia & co realised that the board needed a change & brought inMcNally & co, who soon realised Mr Gunn was out of his depth. Thank god for those people that took the rebate because can you imagine the dross we''d be saddled with above & beyond, Gill, Tudor, Whalley, Wiggins, Maric & the truly incredible Theo (although thankful he is gone now).

Enjoy your promotion you deserve it!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I didn''t need the rebate. I didn''t need a new pair of shoes, money for the gas meter or any of the thousand and one reasons why people did take it. But I took it.I took it because I was fed up to the back teeth with the year after year antics of the clowns who''d been in charge of the club I love. I took it because the clowns that made bad decision after bad decision year after year culminated in the club I love being humiliatingly relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in 49 years. I took it because I wasn''t prepared to trust the clowns who had the cheek to ask me to bail them out after the complete pig''s ear they''d made of the whole thing.To those saintly people on here who coughed up the readies to buy Grant Holt - allegedly - by all means feel smug if you must but you won''t see me on any guilt trip. Around two thirds of season ticket holders who claimed their cash felt the same at the time and I hope they all feel the same now.At last, probably more by luck than judgement, the owners have ended up with really good people under them, and, not before time I can see some real hope at NCFC.Of course this unspeakable '' crime '' I''ve committed may well come to bite me on the bum at the Day of Reckoning. As I line up to face St Peter at the Pearly Gates he may well decide that as I trousered my wedge I''ll have to go downstairs.I''ll have to take my chances on that one.......

[/quote]I bet you spent the extra on a few more shandies prior to and after our matches hey mate? [B]Anyhow, what are these people on?  I am sure they don''t need promotion or any excuse to hit the loopy juice?  We were never likely to be going up until those who sat in the boardroom decided that things had to change.  We then got in somebody (McNally) who did not care so much for NCFC being a lovely little family club, but who wanted to turn us in to winners.  He then wasted no time in bringing a manager in who he knew could do the business for us in Lambert and how nice it was to see us poach another clubs manager instead of going for the same sorry losers we usually employ.It was bascially sh*t or bust for those in the NCFC boardroom this season and they knew it.  Let''s not get carried away now though as we all kinow there is much hard work to be done during the summer.Let''s make no mistake though NCFC is a big club and the dury is still well and truly out on those in control of it.  How much will be spent in the summer and/or can Lambert do it on a shoe-string?  We all wait and hope, but make no mistake - this club needs to be punching a lot higher than it has done for the last 5 years!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
I didn''t need the rebate. I didn''t need a new pair of shoes, money for the gas meter or any of the thousand and one reasons why people did take it. But I took it.

I took it because I was fed up to the back teeth with the year after year antics of the clowns who''d been in charge of the club I love. I took it because the clowns that made bad decision after bad decision year after year culminated in the club I love being humiliatingly relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time in 49 years. I took it because I wasn''t prepared to trust the clowns who had the cheek to ask me to bail them out after the complete pig''s ear they''d made of the whole thing.

To those saintly people on here who coughed up the readies to buy Grant Holt - allegedly - by all means feel smug if you must but you won''t see me on any guilt trip. Around two thirds of season ticket holders who claimed their cash felt the same at the time and I hope they all feel the same now.

At last, probably more by luck than judgement, the owners have ended up with really good people under them, and, not before time I can see some real hope at NCFC.

Of course this unspeakable '' crime '' I''ve committed may well come to bite me on the bum at the Day of Reckoning. As I line up to face St Peter at the Pearly Gates he may well decide that as I trousered my wedge I''ll have to go downstairs.

I''ll have to take my chances on that one.......

[/quote]

Yet not sick enough to not pay to help them in their bad decisions by buying a season ticket? you love helping Delia and the clan make bad choice after bad choice [;)]

I saw the rebate as an incentive to renew early in the season given our predicament. Nobody should feel bad for taking it, that is what it was there for. Personally, I seriously questioned renewing my season ticket as I felt a message needed to be sent. Infact claiming the rebate gave me an option to voice my concern at how the club was being managed, take the missus out for all those aways days she lets me go on (not many nowadays alas), send a message to the board and keep my season ticket all in one go. I certainly do not feel foolish, and would do the same again.

Im not a season ticket holder, but I would have took it. Why pay championship prices for league one football? You wouldnt overpay for a house, or for your groceries. Infact from a marketing perspective the whole rebate tactic was a bit unethical. My arguement at the time was if people are so keen not to take the rebate, and rub other peoples faces in it, then surely they will happily pay an extra £50 every single season (I cant remember how much it was).  IS, not saying your one of the ones rubbing peoples faces in it, but there were some posters getting pretty vicious about it back in the day. Either way, we went back up, thats all that matters