Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

What Price Forster?

Yes. Although people are saying that Forster shoudl be in the England squad in a few years so I''d fear that unless we became a stable Premiership side, managing to stay in there, another club would come in and buy him. By then Jed Steer should be ready.

Wouldn''t happen, Newcastle wouldn''t sell, no need to & even if they did it would probably be a big fee. Harper''s in his 30''s and they have a young upcoming England international to replace him. Think theres a good chance of another loan, could help both us and them, well im hoping anyway !

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]If it were possible, would you let Newcastle have Declan Rudd plus £500,000 in exchange for Fraser Forster?[/quote]

Yes if it were possible, but I can''''t see it happening myself. They would''nt want to lose a better goalkeeper (at this moment in time) for the sake of 500k now they are back in the Premier League. I still think another loan move for him is possible. Newcastle don''t want to sell him, that position is explicitly clear. The plan for them has always been when Harper retired to  have Forster and Krul battling for the shirt like Given and Harper did before them.

At the moment though that could work to our advantage. He should be available on loan again this season. I would be surprised if he picked up a Premier League club at the moment so realistically the championship is the level he would be operating at. So why not join the club where you know you will play every week and the coaching staff rate you. I know I am biased but surely coming back to the Norwich is the best thing possible for him to develop. By which time hopefully Rudd will be ready. Greeno only started being a regular in 01/02 when he was 21. So Rudd I think is a little way off yet but will be the man in time I am sure.

My question started, "If it were possible," and like most I do not think it is. Newcastle are clearly screwed on about this one.

I was more expecting a reaction regarding the loss of Declan Rudd in such a scenario..

No.

A) It would never happen. Rudd is a Norwich fan and is just breaking into the side. He isn''t going to make the first team at Newcastle if Forster can''t.

B) Forster is worth a lot more than £500k + Rudd. I would say Rudd is worth no more than £250k himself atm, and Forster about £1-1.5m.

No, but I''d love to have Forster back on loan. He''s been terrific this season and by all the accounts I''ve read he was the true man of the match against Charlton in the game where we secured promotion. Rudd is making good strides and has already proven to be a perfectly good deputy, and I expect that to continue into next season in addition to Jed Steer continuing to improve via the reserves.

I would love to have Forster back for another season on loan and for us to buy an experienced keeper (maybe near the end of their career) to sit on the bench as cover and as competion. I would like to see Rudd go on loan to a club in this division to play regularly and build his experience.

I would love to have him back and am hoping for a season long loan.

[quote user="city till i die"]if Newcastle would say you can have him for 2/3 million + add-ons. I would say go get him regardless.[/quote]

I would say Lambert could spend 2/3 million plus add ons a little better elsewhere on the team

Pretty sure Lambert is planning a loan bid for forster next season- he hinted at that after the charlton match while speaking about him. Then I think after next season Rudd could b ready...

[quote user="cityangel"]I would love to have him back and am hoping for a season long loan.[/quote]

Yep, I think that is the most likely outcome, he has indicated he wants to play regularly next season, hope so! 

In addition to what''s been said, I''d hope that the loan deal for Forster would be concluded as soon as possible, predominantly for Lambert''s sake so that he knows where he needs to strengthen, but also for us fans so that we know Forster''s coming ''home''.

I think the key question is, are Newcastle prepared to go with Harper as no1 and Fraser as no2 in the Prem? I think that''s risky as Harper is not the best and was found out a few times when they were relegated after Given left. And then Fraser as cover at that level is also a gamble.

Therefore it has to be in their interest to let Fraser out again and get some more experienced cover in.

In which case we have to be in pole position. I feel quite confident we can get him on another season loan. I think. Maybe.

Newcastle are in a similar position with Forster as we are with Rudd in so far as they probably aren''t completely confident about Fraser at Prem level nor us with Rudd at Champ level.

There is absolutely no point in trying to sign Fraser. True he has been fantastic this year,but the one thing Norwich do consistently well is bring goalkeepers through from the youth team. The biggest mistake Peter Grant made was buying David Marshall for one million while we had Joe Lewis coming through. One Million that needed to be spent strengthening the outfield team.

If Fraser comes on loan again, then its a fantastic piece of business, If we try and sign him long term it will really hamper our ability to bring in the depth we need to compete in the championship. Rather pick up a seasoned old keeper to help with Rudd''s development and play the odd game to take the pressure off.

One million could be far better spent on a proven striker, a fast winger, or a new CB....or 2/3 of the above.