Sign in to follow this  
morty

Southend tax bill.

Good stuff, but don''t expect this thread to get anywhere near as many replies as the ones suggesting they''d be kicked out of the league and we''d lose out on promotion as a result...

[quote user="morty"]Paid.

Phew.

[:D]
[/quote]

No Morty what were you thinking. After we have won the title on Saturday and Cowling proves he is just full of hot air on Monday what are people going to moan about then?! Tut tut.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="morty"]Paid.Phew.[:D][/quote]

No Morty what were you thinking. After we have won the title on Saturday and Cowling proves he is just full of hot air on Monday what are people going to moan about then?! Tut tut.

[/quote]Sorry lol, I shall see if I can come up with something to keep the misery queens happy.[:)]

[quote user="Babyface"]Whilst I never considered this an issue, I am pleased it''s sorted.

For our sake not Southend''s. Not too fussed about them.[/quote]If they went out of business we would have had 6 points deducted that we took off them, and Leeds would only have had 4 points deducted.Could have made things tight.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Babyface"]Whilst I never considered this an issue, I am pleased it''s sorted.

For our sake not Southend''s. Not too fussed about them.[/quote]If they went out of business we would have had 6 points deducted that we took off them, and Leeds would only have had 4 points deducted.Could have made things tight.[/quote]

I know this issue has been debated considerably both here on the Pinkun and elsewhere Morty but, and has been said prior, how docking us 6 points for going out and winning as opposed to losing, should benefit teams who have lost is fair I will never understand.

I appreciate the letter of the ''law'' states that if a club goes out of business then all points - regardless of won or lost - are wiped but it is simply not fair to the clubs - not just Norwich - effected.

[quote user="Babyface"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Babyface"]Whilst I never considered this an issue, I am pleased it''s sorted.

For our sake not Southend''s. Not too fussed about them.[/quote]If they went out of business we would have had 6 points deducted that we took off them, and Leeds would only have had 4 points deducted.Could have made things tight.[/quote]

I know this issue has been debated considerably both here on the Pinkun and elsewhere Morty but, and has been said prior, how docking us 6 points for going out and winning as opposed to losing, should benefit teams who have lost is fair I will never understand.

I appreciate the letter of the ''law'' states that if a club goes out of business then all points - regardless of won or lost - are wiped but it is simply not fair to the clubs - not just Norwich - effected.[/quote]It is probably the only real fair way to do it though unfortunately, especially if the club that goes out of business still had fixtures to fulfill.

Yes agreed it is only fair.

Sadly.

Must be some logical way around it.

Luckily it''s not the case for us this year, but some poor sod is going to get clobbered one day.

[quote user="Babyface"]Yes agreed it is only fair.

Sadly.

Must be some logical way around it.

Luckily it''s not the case for us this year, but some poor sod is going to get clobbered one day.[/quote]Haven''t the football league already put in place restrictions on league two clubs concerning debt and expenditure compared to income?I remember hearing something vaguely about it ages ago, if it is the case then I should imagine in will spread up the leagues (and stop before it gets to the Prem lol) and clubs overspending and going into admin shouldn''t happen.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Old news reported on BBC Look East last week if I remember correctly.

Apparently the money is coming from Sainsburys! Presumably they are going to get Southends current ground when Southend move into their new stadium.

[/quote]Well they only paid the tax bill today so maybe you don''t remember correctly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Apparently the money is coming from Sainsburys! Presumably they are going to get Southends current ground when Southend move into their new stadium.

[/quote]

Well they only paid the tax bill today so maybe you don''t remember correctly.

[/quote]

They only paid it over today but last week said they were going to do so.

So perhaps his memory is better than yours if not his paper is Times v Sun[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]Well they only paid the tax bill today so maybe you don''t remember correctly.

[/quote]

[/quote]Well of course they said last week they intended paying it, otherwise the court wouldn''t have given them another week to do so.[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Well they only paid the tax bill today so maybe you don''t remember correctly.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well of course they said last week they intended paying it, otherwise the court wouldn''t have given them another week to do so.

[:|]
[/quote]

Its more than intending to pay it...they would have to explain to the Judge where the money was coming from.

As I say old news.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Babyface"]Yes agreed it is only fair. Sadly. Must be some logical way around it. Luckily it''s not the case for us this year, but some poor sod is going to get clobbered one day.[/quote]

Haven''t the football league already put in place restrictions on league two clubs concerning debt and expenditure compared to income?

I remember hearing something vaguely about it ages ago, if it is the case then I should imagine in will spread up the leagues (and stop before it gets to the Prem lol) and clubs overspending and going into admin shouldn''t happen.
[/quote]

We were told this by the Football League but then how do you explain Notts County this season??  They certainly have not kept within any debt and expenditure compared to income guidelines.  And they are going to end up going up as champions which is not surprising with the wages they are paying