Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

A civic reception smacks of "little old Norwich"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

So that''s what they meant when they said the club was "looking for infestors". [:S][/quote]Touché![:D][:)][:D][/quote]And from me - I do like a good pun!

Sorry not just chant LAMBERTS name till his ears bleed,but MCNALLY for having b### and DELIA who use to be controlling and misguided but realised she had to dump her pet dog,doomcaster,and stand back and, it was better to bring in a gunslinger who would do the job however it hurt delia,like firing one of her hereos gunn...so

"Theres only one PAUL LAMBERT"                                                                                                                           "Theres only one MCNALLY"                                                                                                                                    "Theres only one DELIA!"                                                                                                                                              "Theres only one PAUL AMBERT"                                                                                                                                    "Theres only one MCNALLY"                                                                                                                                    "Theres only one DELIA"

Repeat until all their eardrums explode!!!! :):):)

" Just give us the frigging trophy after Carlisle and move on"

Us ? You forget who actually won the ''frigging trophy''.

You forget the likes of Rose and Johnson who were looking down the wrong end of a gun at Stockport before Xmas.

Lambert who saw us plummet through the leagues and get thrashed by the not so ''deserving of success'' Colchester.

The Doc, Russel and Hoolahan who bit on the bullet, got their heads down and proved their worth.

The board who somehow not only kept us afloat but re-energised the whole club. Who took the likely risk of fines/points deductions regarding Lambert''s appointment. Who put a bit of pride back by telling the NOTW to back * off.

You forget the whole assortment of others from the ''nothing flash'' players, the awesome fanbase and various club staff who have all come together to achieve this. Acheived not an expected playoff place or promotion, but what will be a quite convincing title win.

Digging out wins at Walsall, last minute goals at Gillingham, Charlton, Yeovil and elsewhere, likewise Oli at home to Southend, Martin v Leeds. Hanging on at Charlton.

So maybe you go and tell Holt all that chasing about was worthless as we should not be amongst all these ''lower orders''. Come and tell me and all the others who have seen the bad timesthat we shouldn''t enjoy the club''s success. Those who were at Fulham in 2005, were at Charlton last year that we shouldn''t enjoy the moment, that we shouldn''t celebrate winning, celebrate being chanpions then I can tell you what our reply will be (in your immortal words).

" Just give us your frigging season ticket after Carlisle and you move on *"

* use another word if it is more suitable

why people being so downsided about it,

we have gone through a tough few years, arent we entitled to see the players enjoying themselves and us celebrating with them at a civic reception which is due and an open top bus parade, think of the youngsters they need something to enjoy. i remember when i was that age i loved celebrating like this.

let all norwich fans have a get together on this day and celebrate which is sumit we havnt done ina while. long overdue!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

why people being so downsided about it,

we have gone through a tough few years, arent we entitled to see the players enjoying themselves and us celebrating with them at a civic reception which is due and an open top bus parade, think of the youngsters they need something to enjoy. i remember when i was that age i loved celebrating like this.

let all norwich fans have a get together on this day and celebrate which is sumit we havnt done ina while. long overdue!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

cant agree enough barclay''babe''

not many times we get to celebrate supporting Norwich and being from the City....we''ve won something and deserve to milk it.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]That is all kinds of awesome.[/quote]What he said.

i dont want a civic reception. probably be a really cringeworthy affair like it was last time.

[quote user="anon"]i dont want a civic reception. probably be a really cringeworthy affair like it was last time.[/quote]You are kidding right?[:|]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]For all our sakes I hope Osama Bin Laden doesn''t see that pic...[/quote]And this thread is now being monitored by eighteen different military intelligence agencies... [:O]Did you know if the Nazis had taken England, Hitler would have used our city hall for his triumphant first appearance as our Fuhrer?  Apparently the City Hall''s large pillars were ideal for the giant swastikas to hang from.

I think IOW canary is talking out of his ar*e and dont call me a muppet or my sons who faithfully follow the canaries through thick and thin.......it strikes me the one calling us muppets is one himself!

[img]http://blogs.suntimes.com/cornerkicks/winner-theme.gif[/img][quote user="City1st"]" Just give us the frigging trophy after Carlisle and move on"

Us ? You forget who actually won the ''frigging trophy''.

You forget the likes of Rose and Johnson who were looking down the wrong end of a gun at Stockport before Xmas.

Lambert who saw us plummet through the leagues and get thrashed by the not so ''deserving of success'' Colchester.

The Doc, Russel and Hoolahan who bit on the bullet, got their heads down and proved their worth.

The board who somehow not only kept us afloat but re-energised the whole club. Who took the likely risk of fines/points deductions regarding Lambert''s appointment. Who put a bit of pride back by telling the NOTW to back * off.

You forget the whole assortment of others from the ''nothing flash'' players, the awesome fanbase and various club staff who have all come together to achieve this. Acheived not an expected playoff place or promotion, but what will be a quite convincing title win.

Digging out wins at Walsall, last minute goals at Gillingham, Charlton, Yeovil and elsewhere, likewise Oli at home to Southend, Martin v Leeds. Hanging on at Charlton.

So maybe you go and tell Holt all that chasing about was worthless as we should not be amongst all these ''lower orders''. Come and tell me and all the others who have seen the bad timesthat we shouldn''t enjoy the club''s success. Those who were at Fulham in 2005, were at Charlton last year that we shouldn''t enjoy the moment, that we shouldn''t celebrate winning, celebrate being chanpions then I can tell you what our reply will be (in your immortal words).

" Just give us your frigging season ticket after Carlisle and you move on *"

* use another word if it is more suitable[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]For all our sakes I hope Osama Bin Laden doesn''t see that pic...[/quote]

And this thread is now being monitored by eighteen different military intelligence agencies... [:O]

[/quote]

Nineteen if Commander Tilson of the nCIsA is looking in.... [:O]

I have a plan.Norwich City FC should have a civic reception and an open top bus ride for the players, manager and boardroom staff.All those who don''t agree with it should just not bother turning up.I love democracy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"]And this thread is now being monitored by eighteen different military intelligence agencies... [:O][/quote]Nineteen if Commander Tilson of the nCIsA is looking in.... [:O][/quote]How did you manage to get "Tilly" and "intelligence" in the same post nutty? [:^)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I have a plan.Norwich City FC should have a civic reception and an open top bus ride for the players, manager and boardroom staff.All those who don''t agree with it should just not bother turning up.I love democracy.[/quote]It''s crazy, but it might just work...

News just in, one of the players doesn''t want to do it.Simon Lappin (King of Spain) say he wants to be on the other bus with Smudger.

[quote user="morty"]News just in, one of the players doesn''t want to do it.Simon Lappin (King of Spain) say he wants to be on the other bus with Smudger.[/quote]And here it is...[img]http://abundancehighway.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/love-bus.jpg[/img]

Most of us were expecting a longer stay in League 1, possibly league 2 and definately administration. To get promotion at the first attempt after the shambles of incompetence that kicked off the season is arguably an achievement on a par with beating Bayern Munich and deserves to be celebrated and acknowledged in style.

I''ll certainly be happy for the team to be awarded the 1st Division league Champions trophy (If we win it) after fulltime on the last game of the season....Then for the squad to do a well deserved lap of honour around the pitch for the support to show their appreciation and pride....

The following club open-day will allow many more fans to show their pride, appreciation and gratitude and to meet the squad, see the trophy, etc. 

If an open-topped bus is organised at a later date for the team, which will allow those who were unable to attend the final game and for the Norfolk populace to also show their appreciation....I''m all for it.

I don''t expect it to be on the grand scale of celebrations that were evident on our promotion to the Premiership, but it is certainly an achievement that deserves a celebration....whatever the scale.

Unfortuately, I''ll be up in N''castle with me marrers celebratin'' a proper promotion up to the Premmy!

....apparently.

"I don''t expect it to be on the grand scale of celebrations that were

evident on our promotion to the Premiership, but it is certainly an

achievement that deserves a celebration....whatever the scale."Agreed, it would be less of a celebration, more like appreciation of a job well done.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]News just in, one of the players doesn''t want to do it.

Simon Lappin (King of Spain) say he wants to be on the other bus with Smudger.
[/quote]

And here it is...

[img]http://abundancehighway.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/love-bus.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Don''t wanna be a grumpy stick in the mud or anything, but I''m not driving that unless it has a nice horn.

I do like the "Filthy" sign on the side though... does that mean that we have Morty in the back with Simon''s girlfriend and a whole host of other buxom beauties??? [<:o)]

What makes our bounceback really notable is not so much the achievement itself, but the turnaround from the utterly shambolic mess we started from.  Otherwise it''s just an everyday story of footballing folk - teams go up, teams come down, that''s what football is all about.  When you go up you celebrate - are we so pathetic that we need the Council to organise our celebration for us?

A civic reception should be reserved for something really out of the ordinary, otherwise it gets devalued.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

What makes our bounceback really notable is not so much the achievement itself, but the turnaround from the utterly shambolic mess we started from.  Otherwise it''s just an everyday story of footballing folk - teams go up, teams come down, that''s what football is all about.  When you go up you celebrate - are we so pathetic that we need the Council to organise our celebration for us?

A civic reception should be reserved for something really out of the ordinary, otherwise it gets devalued.

[/quote]

How is twice in fifteen or so years everyday? [*-)][:)]