Sign in to follow this  
Official Joe

Theo to get a Winner's Medal

The man let in the humiliating 7 goals that gave McNally the excuse to get rid of Gunn, who he obviously had serious issues with, and bring in his own man.  The rest is history.  Give him a medal? Give him a freakin'' OBE!!! [:D]

Perhaps everyone who''s attended any City game this season should get one alongside all the team and backroom staff. Everyone has played their part in this promotion, however slight, it all counts.Who would have thought that Theo letting in 7 goals would lead to us getting promoted? This is Norwich, we always do things the complicated way

On serious note, despite being awful will Jon Otsemobor get one? He played a fair chunk of games.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]On serious note, despite being awful will Jon Otsemobor get one? He played a fair chunk of games.[/quote]

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but don’t you have to play a minimum number of games (12 I think) Peter Crouch got one presented on the pitch when he returned to play us after are Championship title season

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]On serious note, despite being awful will Jon Otsemobor get one? He played a fair chunk of games.[/quote]

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but don’t you have to play a minimum number of games (12 I think) Peter Crouch got one presented on the pitch when he returned to play us after are Championship title season

[/quote]

By sheer conincedence I has in fact made 12 league appearances  for Norwich this season. What an underserved medal that is!

Should be he not I. Although sometimes I did think I made more a contribution sitting in the stand than he did on the pitch.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

By sheer conincedence I has in fact made 12 league appearances  for Norwich this season. What an underserved medal that is!

[/quote]

While we all jump on the "we hate jon Otsemobor" bandwagon, i thought i''d point out that atleast Semmy was good going forward. Our current right-back can''t even do that! rubbish going forward, rubbish at defending... now if anyone doesn''t deserve a Winner''s Medal  Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

While we all jump on the "we hate jon Otsemobor" bandwagon, i thought i''d point out that atleast Semmy was good going forward. Our current right-back can''t even do that! rubbish going forward, rubbish at defending... now if anyone doesn''t deserve a Winner''s Medal  Stick out tongue [:P]

Ok well the ''we don''t like Russell Martin brigade'' are starting to really annoy me quite frankly. Yes I will admit, he had a bit of stinker against Leyton Orient but you can point to games where even Grant Holt has been awful. It doesnt make them bad players. In general defensively he has his head screwed on in a way that Otsemobor never did and my heart isnt in my mouth every time a vaguely dangerous left winger gets the ball. He has good pace which has sometimes bailed us out of some pretty tight sports (Wycombe away, where he was man of the match).

Admittedly going forward isn''t the best part of his game but I thought the ball he put in for Holt against MK Dons after a great run was terrific. For it''s worth I think Spillane should replace him next season because he has the all round game that would make him an excellent full back. But credit to Russell Martin who have been really steady in general this season. Lets face it if him and Drury could defend as well as being a maurauding full back like Danny Alves or Ashley Cole (plenty of jokes here) they would be playing in the premier league. So to say he doesnt deserve a winners medal is frankly scandulous.

[quote user="motley7"]While we all jump on the "we hate jon Otsemobor" bandwagon, i thought i''d point out that atleast Semmy was good going forward.[/quote]

He was?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="motley7"]While we all jump on the "we hate jon Otsemobor" bandwagon, i thought i''d point out that atleast Semmy was good going forward.[/quote]

He was?

[/quote]

would have been a brilliant winger if he could cross because he had had the speed to get past players.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

He was?

[/quote]Depends if you count pushing up to the halfway line with the rest of the back 4 going forwards or not. He was ok at that.