Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

If we can't get Forster for another year...

Money will be tight. if Forster can stay, great. If not play Rudd and strengthen the team elsewhere. If Rudd gets injured or does not play well we could always get someone in then

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]how about the guy at Brentford?  He was the best visiting GK at Carrow Road this season[/quote]

All depends on if Wenger gets in another keeper or two, otherwise I could see him on their bench next season. He has already got - albeit in a friendly - international experience for Poland as well so could be good bet. But the argument is also there for us to just get an old head in whilst Rubb gets experience.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he was on loan from arsenal, and with their current keepers they will want him back.

how about mat murray?

[/quote][/quote]

green will go this summer!

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

he was on loan from arsenal, and with their current keepers they will want him back.

how about mat murray?

[/quote][/quote]

green will go this summer!

If we fail in a loan bid for forster and that I wouldn''t mind trying to get that goalie from stockport (fon williams i think)- he should be really cheap. His position reminds me of the position Joe Lewis is currently in with him looking like a good keeper who can make amazing saves but also a keeper who lets in a few due to the failings of his defence and the pressure puton him to make save after save.

No to Lewis for me, the Arsenal ''keeper on loan at Brentford is a top quality player, he would be a choice if we don''t get Forster.

& just because someone has a good game against us doesn''t mean they are brilliant i mean Shearer not the Arsenal lad !

[quote user="nevereverblue"]How about Speroni from Crystal Palace or Scott Shearer from Wycombe?

Speroni might be cheap if Palace go down.[/quote]Shearer is so good he''s number 2 at Wycombe.

If we can''t keep Forster for another season I would  hope to have Rudd as No1, he has done nothing wrong when playing for us and his kicking and distribution are second to none.

[quote user="Harry"]If we can''t keep Forster for another season I would  hope to have Rudd as No1, he has done nothing wrong when playing for us and his kicking and distribution are second to none.
[/quote]

Well...that''s not quite true, is it?

I do think Rudd is a pretty good young ''keeper with potential to do well but look at the MK Dons game. Where was he on their goal? Came for the cross but got nowhere near it.

Also, I seem to remember that a couple of his kicks weren''t that great either, one of them going across the pitch and out for a throw around the halfway line.

And, if I wanted to be ultra critical, everything he was doing was a bit hurried/excited.

Anyway, like I said, I still think he''s pretty good but it''s hard to see him going from being 2nd choice now (and only playing a few games as cover) in League 1 to playing every match as 1st choice in the Championship.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Harry"]If we can''t keep Forster for another season I would  hope to have Rudd as No1, he has done nothing wrong when playing for us and his kicking and distribution are second to none.[/quote]

I do think Rudd is a pretty good young ''keeper with potential to do well but look at the MK Dons game. Where was he on their goal? Came for the cross but got nowhere near it.

Also, I seem to remember that a couple of his kicks weren''t that great either, one of them going across the pitch and out for a throw around the halfway line.

And, if I wanted to be ultra critical, everything he was doing was a bit hurried/excited.

Anyway, like I said, I still think he''s pretty good but it''s hard to see him going from being 2nd choice now (and only playing a few games as cover) in League 1 to playing every match as 1st choice in the Championship.

[/quote]So will you be one of the people slagging the Club off when they sell Rudd because he wants to play first Team football  like people did when Lewis was sold?We can keep saying that our youngsters haven''t got the experience but how do we expect them to get it if we don''t play them? Just look at what Korey has achieved this season.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Harry"]If we can''t keep Forster for another season I would  hope to have Rudd as No1, he has done nothing wrong when playing for us and his kicking and distribution are second to none.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So will you be one of the people slagging the Club off when they sell Rudd because he wants to play first Team football  like people did when Lewis was sold?

We can keep saying that our youngsters haven''t got the experience but how do we expect them to get it if we don''t play them? Just look at what Korey has achieved this season.
[/quote]

Firstly, depends who we sign, doesn''t it? You have to consider the here and now, we have to play the best goalkeeper available to us. It surely wouldn''t be a sensible policy to gear everything towards Rudd in the hope that he will turn out to be the best ''keeper we can find.

Secondly, look at it this way... Korey Smith has played on a regular basis this season and the manager was happy to put him in the team and keep him there. However, he went outside of the club to bring in a ''keeper on loan and then extended that loan. Surely, if he felt Rudd was up to it (at the moment), he''d have used him a lot more just as he has done with Smith, don''t you think?

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The MK Dons first goal, Russell Martin flicked it on. Had he not done that, Rudd would have punched clear.

His kicking is first class, yes he put one out into the Jarrold stand, but past the halfway line. 95% of his goal kicks are way past the halfway line and straight, he can even kick to intended targets, and never looks in danger when kicking under pressure.

Thirdly, I did not think he looked hurried at all. If bowling the ball out quickly to make a counter-break is hurried, then all is good!

I think he is perhaps a season away from becoming a regular in the first team. I''d love to see Forster back, I think we all would, but if that is not the case, Rudd has done nothing to suggest he does not deserve a crack at the first team.

[quote user="nevereverblue"]How about Speroni from Crystal Palace or Scott Shearer from Wycombe?

Speroni might be cheap if Palace go down.[/quote]Scott Shearer based on one decent game against us?

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote] The MK Dons first goal, Russell Martin flicked it on. Had he not done that, Rudd would have punched clear. His kicking is first class, yes he put one out into the Jarrold stand, but past the halfway line. 95% of his goal kicks are way past the halfway line and straight, he can even kick to intended targets, and never looks in danger when kicking under pressure. Thirdly, I did not think he looked hurried at all. If bowling the ball out quickly to make a counter-break is hurried, then all is good! I think he is perhaps a season away from becoming a regular in the first team. I''d love to see Forster back, I think we all would, but if that is not the case, Rudd has done nothing to suggest he does not deserve a crack at the first team.[/quote]

But surely if you''re a goalkeeper and you come for something you have to get there and/or take everything out? He made a mess of it.

And I would agree that his kicking is pretty good but just thought it was worth noting one or two dodgy ones as, in general, people are always keen to note some poor kicking from Fraser. (fair is fair!)

Although it can be good to get the play moving quickly I also think that sometimes you need to let it settle down a bit but we didn''t really get that from Rudd because he did everything as quickly as he could. He got the ball and he whacked it back out again straightaway but there are times when you need to organise and get yourself back in order.

Again, I do think he''s a good goalkeeper but I am also wary of blind praise for young players just because they''re young.

Willy Gueret looked pretty handy the other week for MK Dons.

fon Williams looked pretty awful to say the least in practice before our match, but did OK during it. I honestly thought he was a 3rd/4th choice keeper getting some pre-match practice before the game started (I didnt know that it was him).

gueret again like shearer aint a great keeper but did well in the one game he''s made many mistakes this year and fon williams is just woeful he can''t catch he can''t deal with crosses and he is small he''s ok at shot stopping nothing more i mean look at the first goal at edgeley park for us with holt scoring i know stockport are in admin but surely there is someone better out there he is just overated

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Harry"]If we can''t keep Forster for another season I would  hope to have Rudd as No1, he has done nothing wrong when playing for us and his kicking and distribution are second to none.[/quote]

[/quote]So will you be one of the people slagging the Club off when they sell Rudd because he wants to play first Team football  like people did when Lewis was sold?We can keep saying that our youngsters haven''t got the experience but how do we expect them to get it if we don''t play them? Just look at what Korey has achieved this season.[/quote]

Firstly, depends who we sign, doesn''t it? You have to consider the here and now, we have to play the best goalkeeper available to us. It surely wouldn''t be a sensible policy to gear everything towards Rudd in the hope that he will turn out to be the best ''keeper we can find.

Secondly, look at it this way... Korey Smith has played on a regular basis this season and the manager was happy to put him in the team and keep him there. However, he went outside of the club to bring in a ''keeper on loan and then extended that loan. Surely, if he felt Rudd was up to it (at the moment), he''d have used him a lot more just as he has done with Smith, don''t you think?

[/quote]We all know what Forster can do and obviously would love to see him back for another season but as the title say''s "If we can''t get Forster for another year..." who can say if we brought in another keeper they would be any better than Rudd? If he isn''t given the chance we will never know.

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote] The MK Dons first goal, Russell Martin flicked it on. Had he not done that, Rudd would have punched clear. His kicking is first class, yes he put one out into the Jarrold stand, but past the halfway line. 95% of his goal kicks are way past the halfway line and straight, he can even kick to intended targets, and never looks in danger when kicking under pressure. Thirdly, I did not think he looked hurried at all. If bowling the ball out quickly to make a counter-break is hurried, then all is good! I think he is perhaps a season away from becoming a regular in the first team. I''d love to see Forster back, I think we all would, but if that is not the case, Rudd has done nothing to suggest he does not deserve a crack at the first team.[/quote]

Agree with this. And in referrance to the kick that went straight out, he was trying to pick out Lappin I think it was alone on the wing.

One thing that does impress me with Rudd is his distribution definately.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Money will be tight. if Forster can stay, great. If not play Rudd and strengthen the team elsewhere. If Rudd gets injured or does not play well we could always get someone in then[/quote]Problem with Rudd, if Lambo didn''t think he was quite good enough for a full season at league one, he won''t be ready for a full season at Championship level imo.I wouldn''t skimp a penny on getting a goalie, and I''d send Rudd on loan to a club in League one to get experience.