Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

I've lost my betting slip

I had a tenner on us finishing champions at 8-1. Can i find the slip?....can i f**k as like.

I''ve turned the house upside down. Does anybody know if bookies keep copies of the slips if their lost?

You''ll be fine mate, aslong as you know the shop you put it on in and the rough date!

It will probably be me finding it for you!

What a bummer!You could try this that my mum always recommends when something is mislaid. It''s worked for me in the past - don''t ask me how.You get a pin, think of the item you''ve lost, then stab the pin into the back of your sofa whilst saying the words, ''I stab the devil''. Leave the pin in the sofa until the item is found.Hopefully whatever is lost is soon found.I think anything''s worth a shot for £90

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]WITS - you do make me laugh. I''ll give it a go :-P[/quote][:D]  Let me know if it works. It has in the past for me. Just one of those bizarre things really.Good luck with speaking to the branch anyway

I look absolutely nothing like my avatar nana>

Apparently, as i''m told, i look like Andrew Lincoln (Google it if you don''t know who he is)

I bet you look like your avatar, you act like it!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]I look absolutely nothing like my avatar nana>

Apparently, as i''m told, i look like Andrew Lincoln (Google it if you don''t know who he is)

I bet you look like your avatar, you act like it!![/quote]He was Egg in ''This Life'' - loved that show.

Nana - i bet you look like the spotty little teenager in the Simpsons that services in the fast food restaurant. I bet you sound like him too!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]Nana - i bet you look like the spotty little teenager in the Simpsons that services in the fast food restaurant. I bet you sound like him too![/quote]

i don''t really have a look a like - well haven''t found one yet.

im not spotty, dont work in fast food and dont watch the simpsons often to know who you are on about.(said in a very deep voice [:P])

You are an irritating little * at times nana but sometimes you do make me laugh.

Anyway enough of the nicities, i''ll get a reputation for liking you!

There we go we can put (kind of) a face behind the keyboard. She''s a good looking girl WITS.

I started a thread during the close season last year asking for people to pick out their looky likey''s. I''ll see if i can dig it out again later.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I bet you look very similar to your avatar [:P][/quote]Are you a real banana? [:^)]

Or a blow up one? [:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]excellent...it was the Reepham Road branch in Hellesdon and i placed it the day after we signed Grant Holt[/quote]I''ve been in there a few times, they''re all a pretty decent lot behind the counter.They''ll just ask you to write the bet out again and if the writing is the same you''re home and dry.Mind you if you did look like your avatar I expect they''d pay up anyway out of sympathy ( lol)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]excellent...it was the Reepham Road branch in Hellesdon and i placed it the day after we signed Grant Holt[/quote]

I''ve been in there a few times, they''re all a pretty decent lot behind the counter.

They''ll just ask you to write the bet out again and if the writing is the same you''re home and dry.

Mind you if you did look like your avatar I expect they''d pay up anyway out of sympathy ( lol)
[/quote]

I DONT LOOK LIKE MY AVATAR - F**k it i''m changing it now, lol 

They should definitely I have it on record. I had a similiar problem last year. My mates at university as a laugh put on a string of bets on at William Hill and gave them to me for my 20th birthday present. Unfortunately the one that came in was that Charlton, Southampton and Norwich would all get relegated. Basically they wrote the odds backwards (they are''nt really into football so don''t understand betting) and so the guy pulled up the exacts details of how the bet was struck on the database.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Sideshow Tim - back in the championship"]excellent...it was the Reepham Road branch in Hellesdon and i placed it the day after we signed Grant Holt[/quote]I''ve been in there a few times, they''re all a pretty decent lot behind the counter.They''ll just ask you to write the bet out again and if the writing is the same you''re home and dry.Mind you if you did look like your avatar I expect they''d pay up anyway out of sympathy ( lol)[/quote]

I DONT LOOK LIKE MY AVATAR - F**k it i''m changing it now, lol 

[/quote]That''s gonna confuse me now ST as your avatar was a huge part of your id. Your prerogative obviously