Sign in to follow this  
Horse Manure

If Portsmouth go under?

Will this mean that four teams will go up from League 1 to the championship? Would it mean both playoff finalists or would the 7th team get into play-offs with the top three going up. Can just see Leeds getting a backdoor ticket out of the league. Portsmouth folding is a longshot but the more you hear, the more it seems likely

[quote user="City penguin"]i think normally if a team goes to the wall they take up one of the relegation places and teams filter up, not sure though.[/quote]But then only 2 teams still go down while 3 from the Championship go up leaving a 23 team Championship division unless 4 from league 1 go up. I''m really not sure what the rules state but can''t think of a more obvious answer than to allow 4 teams from league 1 to go up a division. It''s an interesting question though and I bet Leeds fans are wetting themselves at the thought of it.

There are few issues I don''t understand. How Portsmouth sell so many players at a profit yet still be £120 million in debt? How are they still trading when the only assets they now have are Marc Wilson, Nadir Belhadj and Kevin Prince Boateng? They could sell the ground I guess but can only be worth about £10-15 million or so, if Carrow Road is worth £20 million. None of it adds up.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

There are few issues I don''t understand. How Portsmouth sell so many players at a profit yet still be £120 million in debt? How are they still trading when the only assets they now have are Marc Wilson, Nadir Belhadj and Kevin Prince Boateng? They could sell the ground I guess but can only be worth about £10-15 million or so, if Carrow Road is worth £20 million. None of it adds up.

[/quote]Its all in Harry Rednapp''s back pocket.[;)]

Well they spent 110% of their revenue on players and there high wages so that was always going to end in disaster. Dont see how they are going to be able to pay back £120 Million worth of debt especially with them being in the championship and there tiny ground while as other people mentioned I doubt they will get too much for there players. They are going to have to find someone with a hell of a lot of money to buy them and dont see who the hell would want to buy them. Also has anyone else seen how they owe Tottenham £1 Million for Asmir Begovic even though Begovic never even joined or payed for Tottenham