Sign in to follow this  
choicetv

Video: Charlton vs. Norwich (perspective from the home end)

Firstly congratulations on your promotion, although i think we deserved

at least a point from the match you were tactically spot on and overall

fully deserve promotion, at least a decent footballing side has managed

to play their way out of this league.

Thought id post this keepsake here for you all as it details the pre

match thoughts of some Norwich fans and ultimately your promotion and

celebrations.

Congratulations once again.

Cheers

Phil

link didnt post in original comment, here it ishttp://www.facebook.com/DJPhilWebster?ref=name#!/pages/Charlton-Athletic-Choice-Tv/274569197865?ref=mf

Hey there,Your vid has already been put up here a few times and enjoyed by many so thank you for that!I''ll fix the link for you as unfortunately the Pinkun is still using ancient forum technology powered by hamsters..http://www.facebook.com/DJPhilWebster?ref=name#!/pages/Charlton-Athletic-Choice-Tv/274569197865?ref=mfI had a great day out. The game was really class, I feel that if your strikers didn''t bottle it in front of goal things may have been a bit different! I lost count of the amount of times the ball dribbled through to Forster.

Thank you Phil,

A very enjoyable and entertaining video.

Thank you for your kind words. We have played really well this season and Saturday demonstrated that we could also dig in and get a result. Norwich haven''t played as defensively and sat so deep all season, but under the circumstances and with the personnel he had available, Lambert was again spot-on.

I had a wonderful day on Saturday. I have to say that all the Charlton fans I spoke to were really friendly. I was particularly impressed with one chap who, while we were walking back to the car, stopped his car on the main road, wound down the window and offered his congratulations. It was a fabulous gesture and one that demonstates most football fans are thoroughly decent people.

Good luck to Charlton for the rest of the season. Another big club, who have fallen on hard times. They have clearly been very solid defensively in the past few weeks and this could well lead to them being promoted.

Definately Sig.Charlton fans were all very nice. Bit quiet mind you [:p]Some guy offered his congratulations as I was getting off the train at Waterloo. He looked absolutely gutted, so for him to say such kind words meant he was a thoroughly decent chap.

Glad you had the same experience Andy.

Obviously being in the thick of all the hype surrounding us, I didn''t quite realise how big a game it was for them with regard to automatic promotion. A win would have put them joint second.

Very well made video mate and thanks for sharing, Charlton were the better side on the day and probably deserved something from the game, but we were a solid unit and made it difficult for you to break us down. Saturday was without doubt the best away day for many years!Best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you snatch 2nd place of Leeds.

Hey Phil,

That''s a cracking video mate - thank you!

I didn''t get drawn in the ticket ballot, so we watched the beam back at Carrow Road - your vid captures a huge amount of spirit from the day; I''m very impressed!

Sent the link to my brother who lives in Gibraltar - he echoes my thoughts too.

Cheers,

If anyone on here knows Carl from Norwich who i spoke to before the game can you forward the link onto him so he can see the end productcheers all

Thanks alot for that.  Support looked absolutely amazing- you lot must hate us bringing 3000+ down every game [:P].  Interesting to see the group of Norwich in the home end as the players went off too- well done them.

Quite enjoyed that....including the outtakes....Thank-you very much! [Y]

Enjoyed it as much as the all-day brekky at the cafe on the corner - daarn the Woolwich Road. 

Phil

What an intelligent perspective. Boards are full of crap opinions about opposing fans - no one often gets to see what real fans think about the game from the other side. After watching crap coverage from the BBC all year you achieved more in 15 minutes than they did in a season! BBC sign him up.