Sign in to follow this  
I think Im in love with Grant

How Much is Selling a Stadiums Name worth?

tuppence Ha''penny.

More teams dont do it because companies dont have the interest... like it or Not Carrow road as a stadium isn''t tempting enough for a big company.. the Aviva stadium is home of the RFU and Irish national footy teams.. not small fry Norwich.

The reason that St.Jameses Park is now called laughablylongname@stjamespark.wtf is because Mike Cashley couldn''t find a company to pay for the name of the stadium, so his company "bought it" instead.  Doing that was supposed to entice another company to pay for the name, but the idea fell on its arse.

[quote user="blahblahblah"] The reason that St.Jameses Park is now called laughablylongname@stjamespark.wtf is because Mike Cashley couldn''t find a company to pay for the name of the stadium, so his company "bought it" instead.  Doing that was supposed to entice another company to pay for the name, but the idea fell on its arse.
[/quote]

i work for sports direct [:)]

[quote user="National express super guard "]how about "the bloke who does nice chips on the market stadium". catchy
[/quote]

Ha ha genius!

Rioch paid £10M for a life-time deal with Coventry and Galpharm paid £2M for their 6 year deal with Huddersfiled. Reebok paid £2M for 10 years at Bolton. York sold their rights for £100,000 for 4 years. To name just a few

"2 Questions;

How much is selling the stadiums name ie;"

Not enough for us to do it...

"ALSO: Why don''t more clubs do it?"

Because some clubs still manage to retain an element of dignity...

Really don''t want to go down this route do we? Its ok if its a new build but not just for the shake of a few quid. Its the same with the sirts, most teams now have main sponsor on the front, then another on the bakc at the top & maybe another on the back at the bottom, add these to the coke logo on the sleeves they will soon look like Rugby  Shirts with god knows how many on them. I buy a shirt to wear to show my support for Norwich City not 42 different companies.

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]Really don''t want to go down this route do we? Its ok if its a new build but not just for the shake of a few quid. Its the same with the sirts, most teams now have main sponsor on the front, then another on the bakc at the top & maybe another on the back at the bottom, add these to the coke logo on the sleeves they will soon look like Rugby  Shirts with god knows how many on them. I buy a shirt to wear to show my support for Norwich City not 42 different companies.[/quote]This. Case in point, a friend of mine is a Sheffield United fan and for the last couple of seasons they''ve had the sponsor "visitmalta.com" emblazoned on their shirts. On an older shirt, which he wore to his first ever away trip or something, it has the sponsor "HFS loans" on the front. When he looks back on these in years to come and the memories that come with them (not necessarily in terms of success for the club, but his days out to see them in general), he''ll have those horrible brands to look at. Who wants that kind of rubbish on their shirts? I for one would much prefer to just collect some of the older, classic strips which featured just the club colours, crest and the manufacturer. 

Reebok paid £2 Million for ten years!? What, £200,000 per season,  hmmm, good value there-for them!

Unless someone pays us something like £5 Million per season for five years, it isn''t worth thinking about. And, more to the point, as its an ''established'' stadium, and not a new one, it wouldn''t catch on and companies know it-its Carrow Road, hell, our ground doesn''t even have a name now anyway, we just refer to the road that it happens to be on! And whose going to say "...are you off to the Matthews Norfolk Farms Bootiful Stadium on Saturday?" -most people wouldn''t even say "are you going to Carrow Road on Saturday?" anyway, its just "you off to Norwich?" -so, thinking on that, the best thing to do would be to change the name of the club, and that isn''t allowed!!

Coca Cola Championship

Matthews Turkey Drummers City 2 Coventry City 1

...naaaaa!!

This reminds me of the Welsh outfit The New Saints, formerly Total Network Solutions. Jeff Stelling after a TNS victoy: "They''ll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!"