Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

How does the ticket buy back work?

I have 2 excess tickets for Gillingham in the Jarrold.. Can I return them to the club in the buy back and get fully refunded?Certainly seems easier than risking life and limb by trying to sell them on the pink market (like black market but on the Pinkun - see what I did there?)....Tanks a mill,Andy

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I have 2 excess tickets for Gillingham in the Jarrold.. Can I return them to the club in the buy back and get fully refunded?

Certainly seems easier than risking life and limb by trying to sell them on the pink market (like black market but on the Pinkun - see what I did there?)....

Tanks a mill,

Andy
[/quote]

thats not allowed anyway,

back to the selling i thin kyou can just take them to the ticket office and ''swap back'' money and tickets i think. Check the official website thats sure to tell you somethign.

Yeah, you just take them back to the ticket office and they give you a refund, it is that simple lol.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I have 2 excess tickets for Gillingham in the Jarrold.. Can I return them to the club in the buy back and get fully refunded?

Certainly seems easier than risking life and limb by trying to sell them on the pink market (like black market but on the Pinkun - see what I did there?)....

Tanks a mill,

Andy
[/quote]

Hate to spoil your little joke....but I''m sure the Gay Community beat you to it by about 30 years lol

[quote user="Matt Juler"]You don''t get your money back, just £10 off your next season ticket only IF the seat is resold.[/quote]I am making the assumption he has normal tickets, if he has season tickets then that is indeed the case!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Normal tickets bought by super member.[/quote]You just take them back and get a full refund then. I''m sure they won''t have any trouble shifting them before Saturday.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Normal tickets bought by super member.[/quote]That''s nothing to do with Buy Back, just return to the ticket office ASAP and they''ll go back on general sale via all the normal means I believe.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]You don''t get your money back, just £10 off your next season ticket only IF the seat is resold.
[/quote]

It''s a lousy "deal", isn''t it? I can''t imagine too many people going through all that rigmarole. What happens if somebody doesn''t renew their season ticket, do they just receive Sweet FA?

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]You don''t get your money back, just £10 off your next season ticket only IF the seat is resold.[/quote]

It''s a lousy "deal", isn''t it? I can''t imagine too many people going through all that rigmarole. What happens if somebody doesn''t renew their season ticket, do they just receive Sweet FA?

[/quote]Pretty much.If I can''t make a match I would rather give my ticket to a mate in return for a pint or two.

That''s what I would do, Morty. Funny that the club never have more than about 100 tickets available on buy-back, isn''t it? I should imagine there are up to something like 1,000 season ticket holder''s seats "available" at any given match for one reason or another.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]That''s what I would do, Morty. Funny that the club never have more than about 100 tickets available on buy-back, isn''t it? I should imagine there are up to something like 1,000 season ticket holder''s seats "available" at any given match for one reason or another.[/quote]I think its a bit of a rip off really. You have paid for the seat in full already, then they re-sell it at probably 25 quid and then give you a tenner credit off your season ticket the following season, don''t think I would go out of my way to snap that deal up to be honest.