Sign in to follow this  
KidCanary

Re: Damien, dont panic!

A bitter blow to lose a talented player for up to 8 weeks and deprive a settle side of continouing where they left off on Saturday..

But...

Please give Safri his chance now as the holding midfield and utilise mulryne as the late running into the box.

That gives us two players who can put a decent pass together in teh centre of the park, one who is probably strong defensively (Safri) and the other who is proably stronger going forward (mulryne, alot of late runs/headers in the box for NI).

I really feel this could work and seeing as Holt was dropped completely last week I feel it would be unfair not to give Safri his first proper chance!

I agree, the best course of action would be to try Mullers with Safri, and promote Holty to the bench.

Whatever people say, there is no way Helveg should play in that holding midfield role, he does not have the desire or inclination for it.  The first rule of football management, pick the right player for the position, not find a position for the player.

Damo will be a big loss, but it is important that the team is not reliant on one player.  It is an oppertunity for Mullers and Safri to establish themselves.

I hope its safri, but this could not have come at a worse time just as francis was hitting PEAK FORM and with it giving the confidence of the players around him arrrrrrrrrrrrr .

KC, let us know your opinions about fairness now that we have got a point v Brum with no sign of Safri.  He is not good enough for the Premier League IMHO.

Well Freddy, I was not surprised but saddened to see Safri not only not make the team but the bench.

I dont know if he is injured or still recovering from Ramadan?

We definitely needed his steel in the first half.

First half:

Centre Midfield was completely non existant, Holt was guilty of giving the ball away alot and wasnt even doing what he does well harry/tackle players.  Mulryne was reduced to type of a few seasons ago of picking the ball up deep, facing our goal and playing passes back or to the side.  They both dropped so deep it got to the point of wandering where the defence stopped and the midfield began.  This resulted in a lot of balls into the box (was obviously B''s game plan) which Heskey was winning left right and centre and also resulted in the goal.

Second half:

Holt made his one and only contribution to the game, a fine tackly just before being subbed, to be honest I was suprised to see him emerge at the break.  Helveg harried, chased down players and despite being quite short won quite a bit in the air. 

Team over all:

Green 7/10 - Personally felt he could of done better with the goal (although they should of been able to either a. get the cross in or b. eddy completely caught out at the far post again), I felt he could of tipped it over rather than palming it back into the centre of the goal as he got to it quite comfortably, it was only for the fact I think he thought it was going to go over and it was to late before he had realised.  Excellent stop from Morrison later on though and came out well on a couple of occasions.

Drury 6/10 - Had a bit of a mare first half (by his own standards, as did both our fulbacks), was moving out to their winger to late and never really seemed to communicate well with Brennan.  Was alot more composed and got forward well in the second.

Fleming 7/10 - Forced deeper and deeper by the midfield, good on the floor though.

Charlton 7/10 - Same as above.

Edworthy 3/10 - How this guy keeps his place in the team each week I really do not know.  First half continously caught out of position, very slow moving out to the winger, left Bentley with 2 on 1 quite frequently as he dithered between moving towards their centre forward who was already covered and the winger, which resulted in him being caught in no man lands continously.  Outjumped for the goal, didnt put Heskey under any real pressure.  Also Dunn got past him far to easily on several occasions.  With a central defence lacking in height we really can not afford the luxury of this player?!?  Improved a little midway through the second half, but I have to put that more down to the fact that the defence were under alot less pressure second half.

Brennan 6/10 - So so first half, didnt really link up with drury well.  Second half played one or two decent balls through to hux, only made way for a tactical swap.

Holt 2/10 - Mentioned in the above, didnt tackle, didnt chase, very poor passing even when not under pressure, playing the ball behind people alot.  Should not make the squad next game but will due to injuries.

Mulryne 7/10 - Did his best to make up for holts lapses in the first half, but had a really strong second half, won the ball well, held it up well and had good distribution.

Bentley - Did his best in spite Eddy''s lapses in the first half, defended well and good intelligent use of the ball in the second, was nice to see him have a bit of a run at them to.

Huckerby - Quiet first half due to not much service, should of put away his chance.  Excellent runs again from deep once switched to the left (Zipper, cant honestly still think he should be upfront, completely on his own again), took his goal well, seems to do better shooting wise when he doenst have to much time to think about it.

Svennson 8/10 - My man of the match, ran into the ground

With regards to you not believing Safri is good enough Freddy, I dont really think anyone can make that assumption yet as he hasnt had enough time on the pitch.

I also think the whole ''he''s a reckless player is a bit of a myth'', hes not got match sharpness, through lack of games, and the challenges I have seem him booked for having been through the occassional late (not dangerously so) or mis timed tackle, which I would attribute more to this.  Its purely because he plays a more central defensive role that this is highlighted more.