Sign in to follow this  
Norwich or die tryin!

Nice Words About Norwich on HTFC Board

I would just like to say well done to Norwich on their

promotion today to the Championship. Considering the 7-1 defeat they

endured at the hands of Colchester back on the opening day they have

been the best in this division by far.Todays result was made even better and proved their strength in depth as both Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan were both missing.I

saw Town play them twice this year and in fairness put up a terrific

show against them in the first halfs, only to be annihalated in both

second halfs.I think since taking over Paul Lambert has done great

job and bought well and i think they will challenge for promotion again

next season.

i think they deserved the win at the galpharm even though we played better 1st half :S good luck tho Norwich

Wonder what the "fans" who were chucking their season

tickets onto the pitch (along with their toys) are thinking?? Must have

been an expensive season for them but well worth it in the end!Glad

they gone up and hope they secure the championship. They don''t have the

big club arrogance of the other team in the top 2 despite a higher

average attendence.--- 
That''s exactly it for me. I haven''t heard any Norwich

fans moaning that they don''t deserve to be down in this division,

they''ve just got on with it and put all their energy into going back up.

That massive club (who are far too big for this league) down the M621 could learn something from Norwich.

I say good luck to them, they get fantastic support home

and away, they have very passionate loyal fans very similar to us

infact.The home game against them was a cracker and to beat us when

we will probably ( fingers crossed) not lose again this season at home

, was a very good win and the clinicalness shone through even though

maybe we deserved a point. I also strongly believe if we can get

promotion we wont be relegation fodder at all. Deano will allow Clarky

to bring in championship quality and probably some Premisership loans.

We will establish ourselves, its too costly not to imo. Look at the

superb support and big game atmosphere on friday.

Yeah, good luck to Narrrrich. I know a couple of Carrot

Crunchers and they are top lads. Like you say, no hint of arrogance

about their team.

I think things could have been a lot different if Colchester had only one 2-1 on the opening day.Bryan Gunn would probably have stayed in charge for another couple of months, and it''s unlikely they''d have gone for Lambert.

Congrads Norwich you deserve it

Yeah well done Norwich. Had a few drinks down there with some of the Norwich staff after. Top people and humble in victory too.

Good luck to them, they deserve it! Play football the right way ball accounts and seem to have a good bunch of fans.It will be interesting if the smell of Scotland and money attracts Lambert, his loyalty seems to know no limits lol

best supported team in the division, best team in the division. Don''t think anyone could argue they don''t deserve it.they showed at ours why they are where they are. We had what, about 12 chances and scored 1. They had 4 chances and scored 3.

Agree with everything that has been said already. Leeds

and Southampton could definitely learn a thing or two from them.

Congratulations to Norwich, they thoroughly deserve it!

Fair play to em. They deserve it. Be interesting to see what happens with Lambert and Celtic though

It amazes me that Huddersfield and Leeds are near neighbours yet their fans couldn''t be more different. I really hope Town get them in the playoffs and stuff ''em!

[quote user="Beauseant"]It amazes me that Huddersfield and Leeds are near neighbours yet their fans couldn''t be more different. I really hope Town get them in the playoffs and stuff ''em![/quote]

Yeah, would be great if that was the play-off final, and town stuffed them, would be on TV too, so everyone could have a good time and enjoy it!

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]It amazes me that Huddersfield and Leeds are near neighbours yet their fans couldn''t be more different. I really hope Town get them in the playoffs and stuff ''em![/quote]

Yeah, would be great if that was the play-off final, and town stuffed them, would be on TV too, so everyone could have a good time and enjoy it!
[/quote]

Agreed [:D][:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"]It amazes me that Huddersfield and Leeds are near neighbours yet their fans couldn''t be more different. I really hope Town get them in the playoffs and stuff ''em![/quote]

Different club mentality maybe?

There are some real nice posts on there from some seemigly nice fans, which in this day and age makes for a refreshing change.

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]It amazes me that Huddersfield and Leeds are near neighbours yet their fans couldn''t be more different. I really hope Town get them in the playoffs and stuff ''em![/quote]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more!Big Smile [:D]

I feel all warm and fuzzy after reading that. Very much enjoyed the trip to Huddersfield this year and they did us a big favour on Friday, hope they go up.

"It will be interesting if the smell of Scotland and money attracts Lambert, his loyalty seems to know no limits lol " slipped under the radar ! Let''s hope he stays with us for the whole of next season and show how good a manager he is in a higher league than League 1.

Fair play to Hudders fans, they should probably feel hard done by for getting beat 3-0 by us twice this season but appear to be very humble and gracious in defeat. They are similar to us in many ways, decent size family club that doesn''t shout it''s arrogance from the rooftops, loyal fans and good away following.

Huddersfield 1st 45 minutes at Carrow Road was possibily the best footballing performance I have seen at Carrow Road this season. I would love to see them stuff Leeds in the playoffs!

Full credit to them. It''s a shame their neighbours in Leeds couldn''t be a little more courteous. For the record, I think they could be dark horses for a play off final win and I don''t think they''d struggle much in the Championship with Lee Clark and Steve Black on the coaching staff.

[quote user="Superflash"]Full credit to them. It''s a shame their neighbours in Leeds couldn''t be a little more courteous. For the record, I think they could be dark horses for a play off final win and I don''t think they''d struggle much in the Championship with Lee Clark and Steve Black on the coaching staff. [/quote]I think the team that finishes 6th tends to be one of the in form teams and then goes on to do pretty well. Like Burnley in the Championship last season.In an ideal world it would be Norwich, Swindon (or Millwall if not, just not Leeds!) and Huddersfield going up

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]Right that is my team for the playoffs sorted. Up the terriers even better if they could do leeds in the process![/quote]Couldn''t agree more...come on the terriers! (we could loan them Holt, Martin and Wesley for three games!)[:D]

Why amazed?

Think Norwich/Ipswich, unless of course.....

[;)]

OTBC

"---  That''s exactly it for me. I haven''t heard any Norwich fans moaning that they don''t deserve to be down in this division, they''ve just got on with it and put all their energy into going back up."

Oh, how so many of you read what you want to read and ignore the erroneous part. The Huddersfield observer obviously has not spent much time on this forum.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]Sorry to be selfish, but I want Swindon and Milwall with us next year purely cause they are the smallest of the contenders.[/quote]Millwall would do better in the Championship than Huddersfeild.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

"---  That''s exactly it for me. I haven''t heard any Norwich fans moaning that they don''t deserve to be down in this division, they''ve just got on with it and put all their energy into going back up."

Oh, how so many of you read what you want to read and ignore the erroneous part. The Huddersfield observer obviously has not spent much time on this forum.

[/quote]

You are mistaken Yankee.  Many fans believe that it was avoidable, that it need never have happened if the club had been properly run, but that''s not the same as believing we didn''t deserve it.  The table doesn''t lie.  Clearly we DID deserve it, for whatever reason.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

You are mistaken Yankee.  Many fans believe that it was avoidable, that it need never have happened if the club had been properly run, but that''s not the same as believing we didn''t deserve it.  The table doesn''t lie.  Clearly we DID deserve it, for whatever reason.

[/quote]

I don''t think I''m mistaken Cherub. Read it again. The reference from the Huddersfield observer was, "I haven''t heard any Norwich fans moaning that they don''t deserve to be down in this division." It''s not the team or the club that the reference was made toward but the fans.