Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Lets get behind Fraser!

In my opinion Fraser was MOTM at Charlton. He made save upon save upon save and chances are without him we''d have drawn, or worse lost!I very much doubt he is going to get a place in the Newcastle team next season so by his own admittance he''ll be looking to go out on loan again.We shouldn''t be as naive to think that he will want to come back here, or that he won''t get better offers. It''s true that there is little we can do to influence this but I''m sure if we really get behind him in the next 3 games it will make him feel more like sticking around....What do you think?

Whilst I think we probably have a good chance of getting him on loan again next season (No way Newcastle will sell him) finances could still play a part, his profile has been raised so much recently that I should the wage he will want next season will be substantially more than he was paid this season.Rudd is a cracking young keeper and could do well, my only worry is that if he were injured is Steer ready to fill the boots?

Two points here for me

Why wouldn''t he want to come back here?

He has won a promotion with us, he knows the coaching staff rate him so he is guranteed to play every week, he knows the area now and we have a top notch training ground/stadium. He also has the freedom to go home during the week as well so it would suit him down to the ground.

Better Offers?

From where exactly? I have heard that perhaps Arsenal and Spurs are interested and they are of course massive clubs. However are they necessarily better offers for a keeper who has clearly stated he wants to play games. He would be warming the bench or playing in flat uncompetitive youth games. Newcastle don''t want to sell him and I doubt he wants to leave the North East if he can avoid it so it''s not really a goer anyway. So thats leave you with a loan spell in the championship. We should''nt do ourselves down, with the ground and fanbase we are as attractive as any club in that league. In fact you could see a situation where if teams such as Norwich and Leeds get promoted they are actually bigger than the likes of Portsmouth or Burnley who have come down.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets not forget Stoke/Spurs and Arsenal were rumoured to be interested in him. Maybe they may come looking again?[/quote]

Stoke spent £3 million Asmir Begovic and have Thomas Sorenson too. I just can''t see it happening. Spurs have Gomes, Cudicini (seems like he will be fit again) and Alnwick so look pretty tidy in that area. Arsenal will surely want someone more experienced than Forster and have Scezney as their young, up and coming keeper.

I have a feeling he will become the Newcastle number 2 next year and spend most of the year bench warming. Although wouldn''t be surprised if someone like Birmingham (who will have to return Joe Hart next year) offer him a loan deal there.

I think as fans we sometimes place a little too much sentimentality into football - yeah Forster has spent the year here doing well but it is just a stepping stone for him. Wasn''t he on loan to someone else before us? Not like he went back there is it?

Lets face it. If a similar offer comes in for a loan at a champ club nearer Newcastle he is likely to take that option. His undoubted aim is to play for Newcastle.

Here''s an idea

Why not just show our appreciation for his performance this season. Too often the unsung hero, so maybe lets have him as the much sung hero on saturday.

Whatever follows in his career lets make him remember the last two home games of this season.

The Premiership option surely doesn''t hold much ground.. the only way I can see that happening is if he acts as a sub for the Toon..Newcastle aren''t going to want to sell him and I can''t see a Premiership club loaning a goalkeeper.... even the teams that go up won''t want an untested goalkeeper at any level other than League 1 on loan.So it will be Championship loan, or Newcastle bench.Exile ^ has a good point I think our biggest hazard (money aside) is that a more local club to Newcastle come in and want him on loan.

The biggest stumbling block for me will be his new wages. He is indeed now a premiership player, via his own club and that usually for players that stay and are considered part of the future a wage increase. If all parties were to agree a further loan deal,cant beleive this time there wont be a recall clause then Lambert will need to decide if he wishes to spend a big part of his budget on Forster. The other problem would be I would be I think that Newcastle will want to keep all their options open, so therefore any deal would probably not be done until August with certainty, missing other goalkeeping targets Lambert may have. I suspect if we dont do a deal rapidly it wont happen 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

The biggest stumbling block for me will be his new wages. He is indeed now a premiership player, via his own club and that usually for players that stay and are considered part of the future a wage increase. If all parties were to agree a further loan deal,cant beleive this time there wont be a recall clause then Lambert will need to decide if he wishes to spend a big part of his budget on Forster. The other problem would be I would be I think that Newcastle will want to keep all their options open, so therefore any deal would probably not be done until August with certainty, missing other goalkeeping targets Lambert may have. I suspect if we dont do a deal rapidly it wont happen 

[/quote]

This is my opinion too. I do think he would want to stay, because he''s nbr. 1 here and will play each game. Imo he was our player of the season, he''s been absolutely terrific!!! Iknow Holt is the favourite and would be a close 2nd for me, but Frazer is POS imo... who agrees?

Brilliant display from the big man. The biggest mystery to me is why no newspaper - even the local rags - gave him 9 out 10. Both the EDP and Evening News could only stretch to an 8. What would Fraser have had to have done for a 9 - turned cartwheels after every save?

Lambert sign him up, Lambert Lambert sign him up.

I reckon we have a decent chance of getting him in on loan and would love to have him back for another season. Not just because of the qualities he brings but it also means the back line have already got an understanding together and this is something I believe we have been missing in the last few seasons.

I''d certainly hope we could get him on loan again next season. As previously stated the biggest stumbling block will be inflated wages. However we do have much on our side as he''s settled into the team and all the other aspects of being a Norwich player are positive.It''s a waiting game unfortunately.He did pull off some quality saves Saturday and deserves recognition for being a loan player who has worn the City shirt with pride!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Brilliant display from the big man. The biggest mystery to me is why no newspaper - even the local rags - gave him 9 out 10. Both the EDP and Evening News could only stretch to an 8. What would Fraser have had to have done for a 9 - turned cartwheels after every save?[/quote]His kicking was pretty gash. But I still gave him a 10/10 in my ratings [:d]

I think a few renditions of "Oh won''t you stay, just a little bit longer........" from the Barclay against Carlisle should do the trick!

I think we stand a fairly good chance of getting him back, but think wages will increase, plus Toon will put in a call back clause...Can see Green going to Arsenal after world cup,  James will want away from Pompey, Lewis will also jump ship from Posh...so I reckon Fraser will remain Newcastle player & will take a loan out hopefully bacl to us!