[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wouldn''t bet on them even being in existence next season. It''s got pretty close for a few clubs. Southampton went right to the wire last year. I hope it turns out ok for them but only for the fans. Proper fans who deserve better.

[/quote]

Now then Nutty what is the difference between a proper fan and a true fan?The definition of the latter had you in a bit of a tizz wazz the other day.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wouldn''t bet on them even being in existence next season. It''s got pretty close for a few clubs. Southampton went right to the wire last year. I hope it turns out ok for them but only for the fans. Proper fans who deserve better.

[/quote]

Now then Nutty what is the difference between a proper fan and a true fan?The definition of the latter had you in a bit of a tizz wazz the other day.

[/quote]

Proper fan

True fan

Plastic fan

OK Tilly[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Most of these debts will be written off. Amazingly they will still receive the parachute payments but that will not be used to pay any debt as a different company. Their player budget will likely be at least 5 x ours.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Most of these debts will be written off. Amazingly they will still receive the parachute payments but that will not be used to pay any debt as a different company. Their player budget will likely be at least 5 x ours.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if the parachute payments are withheld, or at least the majority of it, to pay off some football creditors.

Also the chances of HMRC agreeing to a CVA where they will get only 20p in the pound for a debt of around £16million especially in the current climate is very slim.  I think HMRC might just fight this all the way, maybe even a test case to challenge the football creditors rule as within the Insolvency Act.

Could be an interesting summer, even more so considering the actual amount of debt there is down there!

I think the level of shizer Portmouth are in is neatly summed up by the simple fact they owe Spurs £1m for Begovich - a player who never played for them and who went to Stoke for £3m.Rumours/pub talk abound that the debt is being artificially inflated by the Administrator.  Why he would do such a thing with the HMRC breathing down his neck is beyond comprehension for such a tiny, insignificant mind as mine....Indeed.

[quote] Redknapp''s arrival some might say [;)] [;)] [/quote]Eh? Redknapp got them promoted as champions and secured their Premier League survival. The problems the club are currently going through have nothing to do with his actual arrival. It''s their lack of action after his departure. Obviously offering Utaka 90, 000 a week was a bit silly, but it''s not like Redknapp is the only manager to have ever paid a silly amount for an overated player. Alex Ferguson has done this in the past. It happens at virtually every club in the top divisions. Also, in contrast to the praise I''d given to the Pompey players for their cup run, which I stand by, there''s no denying their league form has been terrible. This is as much down to poor coaching and lacklustre performances in the post-Redknapp era as it is to do with their off-field affairs. Redknapp is a good manager, you need only look at his managerial record. When it comes to the finances and what happened to the clubs after he left, it''s their own fault for not making the most of the money they would have received from selling players or not appointing a successful replacement. The exact same thing happened to us when Worthington was gone. We didn''t make the most of the money we received selling players and the coaching appointments since then right before Lambert have seen the club land in the third tier (thankfully only for one season). Again, this is as much due to mismanagement off the pitch as it is on it.By stark contrast to those examples, look at Notts County. Already promoted and quite possibly as champions, despite all the crazy goings on behind the scenes. Ok, it''s League 2, but it just goes to show that on the playing and coaching side, you can still get on and do a decent job while all the off-pitch circus goings on stink up the press.

[quote user="Superflash"][quote] Redknapp''s arrival some might say [;)] [;)] [/quote]Eh? Redknapp got them promoted as champions and secured their Premier League survival. The problems the club are currently going through have nothing to do with his actual arrival. It''s their lack of action after his departure. Obviously offering Utaka 90, 000 a week was a bit silly, but it''s not like Redknapp is the only manager to have ever paid a silly amount for an overated player. Alex Ferguson has done this in the past. It happens at virtually every club in the top divisions. Also, in contrast to the praise I''d given to the Pompey players for their cup run, which I stand by, there''s no denying their league form has been terrible. This is as much down to poor coaching and lacklustre performances in the post-Redknapp era as it is to do with their off-field affairs. Redknapp is a good manager, you need only look at his managerial record. When it comes to the finances and what happened to the clubs after he left, it''s their own fault for not making the most of the money they would have received from selling players or not appointing a successful replacement. The exact same thing happened to us when Worthington was gone. We didn''t make the most of the money we received selling players and the coaching appointments since then right before Lambert have seen the club land in the third tier (thankfully only for one season). Again, this is as much due to mismanagement off the pitch as it is on it.By stark contrast to those examples, look at Notts County. Already promoted and quite possibly as champions, despite all the crazy goings on behind the scenes. Ok, it''s League 2, but it just goes to show that on the playing and coaching side, you can still get on and do a decent job while all the off-pitch circus goings on stink up the press. [/quote]Woah, Jamie Jamie........ [:$]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Superflash"][quote] Redknapp''s arrival some might say [;)] [;)] [/quote]

Eh? Redknapp got them promoted as champions and secured their Premier League survival. The problems the club are currently going through have nothing to do with his actual arrival. It''s their lack of action after his departure.

Obviously offering Utaka 90, 000 a week was a bit silly, but it''s not like Redknapp is the only manager to have ever paid a silly amount for an overated player. Alex Ferguson has done this in the past. It happens at virtually every club in the top divisions. Also, in contrast to the praise I''d given to the Pompey players for their cup run, which I stand by, there''s no denying their league form has been terrible. This is as much down to poor coaching and lacklustre performances in the post-Redknapp era as it is to do with their off-field affairs.

Redknapp is a good manager, you need only look at his managerial record. When it comes to the finances and what happened to the clubs after he left, it''s their own fault for not making the most of the money they would have received from selling players or not appointing a successful replacement. The exact same thing happened to us when Worthington was gone. We didn''t make the most of the money we received selling players and the coaching appointments since then right before Lambert have seen the club land in the third tier (thankfully only for one season). Again, this is as much due to mismanagement off the pitch as it is on it.

By stark contrast to those examples, look at Notts County. Already promoted and quite possibly as champions, despite all the crazy goings on behind the scenes. Ok, it''s League 2, but it just goes to show that on the playing and coaching side, you can still get on and do a decent job while all the off-pitch circus goings on stink up the press.
[/quote]

Woah, Jamie Jamie........ [:$]
[/quote]

Everybody down!

Incoming fire from the direction of Lowestoft!!!!!!!!!!!